2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Great Value & Great Vehicle
By DStewart on 02/25/09 00:51 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Ford product. My wife bought the 2006 Freestyle. We were impressed with her vehicle. So I traded my 2003 Nissan Altima SL for a 2006 Ford 500 Limted AWD with 5K miles on it. I got a great price for all the features and low mileage, with 5 year warranty too. I wanted more back seat room for out two growing children. So far, the car has been fault free on every level and very satisfying for the cost. The Limited features are wonderful. It is a perfect all purpose vehicle with excellent saftey features, visability and since of control when driving. I highly recommend this vehicle and tip my hat to Ford.

Ford forever
By evelyn on 02/17/09 19:01 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my vehicle brand new in 2006. She has (I call her a she) 22 inch tires and very shiny rims, tinted windows, charcoal grey. She gets plenty of compliments and plenty of heads that turn. I have not had any problems with my Ford Five hundred. She is very reliable, large interior, and great on gas. I feel honored to have purchased this vehicle in 2006 since 2007 was the last year they were made and changed to the name Taurus.

Many problems..
By Marla on 02/09/09 10:19 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. Power steering going out, told the rack 'n pinion need to be replaced. Brakes are a major problem with this vehicle.. had them replaced twice so far, along with rotos, only 80,000 miles. First set of brakes under 15k miles. Now, my fuel pump went out.. only had this car 3 years! Ford will not stand up to their product! Grinding and cracking noises in steering.

Such a pretty car!
By Lucia on 09/21/08 23:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

When I first spotted this car I thought it was a Mercedes with its overall good looks of distinction. I instantly fell in love after looking at so many cars. It drives like a Cadillac with a smooth ride and the extra room inside is reminiscent of the big cars of yesteryear. My husband who is an auto mechanic swore he would never own a Ford, but was highly impressed with this car. He says the only down side is the engine is too small for such a large car. He's into speed while I'll take comfort and smoothness of ride any day.

Great Car
By Doc on 08/17/08 13:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my Nissan for the Five Hundred SEL and am so happy. I now get up to 30 mpg (hwy), have great visibility and a huge trunk. Although critics have said the engine is underpowered I disagree. When I want to pass I tap the gas and it takes off. My insurance went down due to the car's safety features. Ford got it right with the Five Hundred and I recommend this car to everyone. Go drive one and see for yourself.

Goodbye Ford
By Jeevis on 06/21/08 20:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought new...start of a nightmare! Motor has been ticking since 500 miles. Ford retorqued and adjusted arojund the camshaft twice-no improvement! Dealer is stumped! Constant brake problems (car has only 20000 miles now). Steering stops have to constantly be "re-set and re-greased" because of noises when steering. AC would not turn off at one point-fixed now. AC doors were striking something and made knocking noises whenever AC was turned on/off-now fixed. Still some odd sounds under dash (like water running) and A/C panel-again Ford is stumped! Dealer blames Ford; Ford blames dealer. This loyal customer will take his loyalty to Toyota/Honda-never to return to Ford again!

Best Yet
By Ed Wood on 06/20/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am a life long Crown Vic owner. I rented a 500 for a trip up the west coast. I was hooked and bought one the next week. I drive this car over 1000 miles a week and I have had no issues with it. I feel very safe when driving. I like the visibility and high seating (6'3") - As a replacement for all you Crown Vic owners - Give it a test drive. I'm glad I did.

Tremendous Value and Comfort
By RalphEllis on 06/06/08 20:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car is comfortable, handles well, and is a tremendous winter car in Canada. It is bascially a Volvo S80 in disguise. Where else can you get huge interior space, a technologically advanced drive train, AWD and a CVT for this price. The only knock on the car is rapid depreciation. Since I own my cars for a long time, this is not an issue for me. I love it and would buy it again.

Happily surprised
By Bill on 05/11/08 22:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I use this car for work and am very satisfied with the mileage. Have owned Crown Vics and Marquis and this car gives me the same large sedan feel with double the mpg. Have had some issues with body rust on the doors & trunk lid. Otc brake pads last longer than original & have had to replace the front rotors recently.

Very disappointed
By JAKE on 04/13/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Ford 500 limited because I liked the roomy interior and gas mileage. The safety features were a plus also. I have always bought Ford trucks and am a loyal customer. This was my 1st Ford car. I have had so many problems with this car I will never by a Ford again. The car has been in the shop 18 times. The dash bubbled the brakes the strut bushings the air cond. The rear bumper cover rust under the hood too many to list all. Strange noises that Ford can't fix or explain. I even tried sueing Ford under lemon law but Texas lemon law states too many miles on the car between repair intervals disqaulify my case. I'm still having problems but can't trade because of to much neg. Equity $8,000

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.