Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Haven't had any significant problems
By moonview1

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car new in '06. Had an issue with the brakes from sitting on lot. Dealer took care of this, and also preempted later recall. An alignment issue used up rear tires by 15,000 miles . I was not happy with the dealers response which was basically an offer to sell me 4 tires and an alignment. Bought tires and alignment elsewhere. Other than that, this car has been a champ. Have 70,000+ with no problems. The only thing I have done is to change the oil religiously, and I put new brakes on rear. Sent in last payment this month, so I guess I'll put in some plugs, change the belt, and flush the coolant. Great car.

Love the sunroof. The trunk is GI-NORMOUS.. I find the car quite peppy.

Like ALL modern cars, maintenance is a bitch. Have to pull intake manifold to access rear plugs.

Pathetic!
By tsblack

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car an 06 SEL in 08. Had great miles on it and the car presented very well. Overall a great looking comfortable car. However it's all the cosmetic things that are ticking me off and now as of today I am getting a skipping occurence where the car is trying to hiccup?? going down the road. The engine light has now come on and we're going to be off to visit a mechanic soon. I'm not happy. Moreover, the driver's door keeps setting off an alarm that it's open when of course it's not going down a highway! and the car just frankly rides like crap. Very noisy ride. Won't do this again. Another let down from Ford.

Interior is nice and roomy. Exterior is very stylish and looks good.

Better components that represent the car's build. Obviously there are cheap parts behind the door panels, because I am once again having to track down leaks from inside the door panels on the back doors and the drivers door sensor continues to drive us crazy! I think the steering column needs to adjust more upward for a more conforming fit for taller drivers.

TRANSMISSION IS WACK
By condrabo

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Ford has had major problems with the transmissions in the 2005-2006 Ford 500's. The transmissions go out with as little as 30,000 miles on the vehicle. My car is no exception to the transmission issues. The car will "buck and jump" when passing or when slowing below 40 mph. I contacted Ford and their response was since the NHTSA hasn't forced a recall, there is nothing they can do to assist with the problem. Instead of being proactive, I suppose Ford will just wait until enough people have had their fill of problems and file class action lawsuits.

The car is roomy and comfortable, that is the only great thing about it.

Replace the transmissions with a more reliable, and newly designed model.

mpg
By joe z

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I wrote a review awhile ago stating I was getting 20 mpg local droving, & mentioned I would write back when I go on a trip. Well to my surprise we averaged 29 mpg. not bad for an all wheel drive. very satisfied

cabinet and exterior design

engine noise

My Last Ford - EVER
By Carl D. Clark

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The paint is coming apart on the leading edge of the hood, an obvious defect from the factory. The collision center manager at the dealer "confirmed" that it is a factory defect, and stated that ford is not standing up and warranting it. The dealer said it will cost $500 to repaint the hood and that they could not warranty the repair due to the problems with the aluminum hood. After contacting Ford Customer service I received a call from the dealer saying that they can get Ford to pay $200 of the $500 to repaint the hood. Today Ford Customer service said that this case is not closed. Never again.