2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Love my 2006 SEL FWD
By Topside on 10/11/09 17:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my 2006 SEL FWD used, many miles on it, great condition. I can't believe what a great value it is. Leather, sunroof, CD, rides nice, handles very well. I must be getting old, I'm excited by a 4-door. But it's beautiful inside and out, black exterior with light tan leather, nicely done woodgrain trim. I'm in sales and wanted to buy American, but most American cars don't appeal to me. This one does, looks almost German, the VW Passat was clearly their benchmark, but with much better interior room. Too bad they dropped the Five Hundred name and went back to the Taurus. I would have never bought it if it was named Taurus - geez, I'm getting older, but I'm not dead yet.

Good Investment
By CB on 10/06/09 09:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car 2 years ago. Had no problems. Looks great (black with black leather interior) Fully loaded.

Love my 500
By JJRF on 08/29/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had a great experience with this car. I got it new as a company car and bought it from the company when I left other than the recall on the brakes in the first year there has been no issues with this car. I live in the northeast and the car is great in the snow. (traction control) on the 2 wheel drive model has never left me stranded or feeling insecure on snowy or icy roads. I love this car! It has 80,000 miles on it and will run for another 100,000.

Best of The Best
By Robert Staples on 06/07/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great Car! Lots of Room, Nice Ride, Comfortable, It has been a Joy to Own!

FANTASTIC CAR,LUV IT!!!
By veronica taylor on 05/10/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first luxury vehicle,my mother absolutely loves to ride in my car, even though she owns a NEW TOYOTA. THE RIDE IS SMOOTH, when I drive my car I feel like I am driving an SUV.

Great car for the money
By Mark on 04/17/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought this car and was very surprised at the deal I got 12600 sel awd and only 17k. This was a no brainer. I just do not know why there are so many of them out there for such a great price. I love the features.

Buy a newer Taurus
By Dondi on 03/23/09 22:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle with 19k miles on the odometer and remaining factory warranty. For a small V-6 (3.0) it performed very well. The 6 speed auto always had a gear appropriate for the traffic needs. At 53000 miles the rear rotors went metal to metal. Found that many owners go through rear pads every 20k miles. Ford has offered a pad with slightly different material that lasts as long as 30k miles. I did the repair myself and found that it had already been done before. My wife and I are very conservative drivers so the "premature" brake wear was a real concern. At 53k miles after the brake issue, we found a large oil leak coming from the rear main seal area. Traded to a Chevrolet Impala

Lousy brakes
By Capt. Bill on 03/13/09 04:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a series of Tauruses and decided to go with the 500 since they were phasing out the Taurus. This car is very comfortable and reliable. It is actually quite luxurious and is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned in 40 years. It gets up to 27.5 mpg on a trip and 23-24 around town. I wish it had more power and a stiffer suspension. The brakes work fine but have been noisy and and vibrate ever since I owned the car. Stereo is great. Need a better trunk light and there is no light in the glove box. It will haul a mountain of luggage or put the seat down and haul other oddball items.

Best Car I have Ever Owned
By Ina on 03/06/09 17:35 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My family has owned 5 Ford cars over the years. The 500 was by far the best car. Never recalled for any reason, always reliable, fun, comfortable. I would trade the Fusion I have now for a 500 in a heartbeat!!!

Great Value & Great Vehicle
By DStewart on 02/25/09 00:51 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Ford product. My wife bought the 2006 Freestyle. We were impressed with her vehicle. So I traded my 2003 Nissan Altima SL for a 2006 Ford 500 Limted AWD with 5K miles on it. I got a great price for all the features and low mileage, with 5 year warranty too. I wanted more back seat room for out two growing children. So far, the car has been fault free on every level and very satisfying for the cost. The Limited features are wonderful. It is a perfect all purpose vehicle with excellent saftey features, visability and since of control when driving. I highly recommend this vehicle and tip my hat to Ford.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.