2006 Ford Five Hundred 3.0L V6 CVT Automatic Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

SE Sedan (3.0L V6 CVT Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Pleasantly surprised
By Cathy on 10/02/06 08:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My 99 Chrysler 300M was totaled in April and I was looking for a SAFE, reliable and comfortable replacement car. We looked at the 300s, Acura TL (nice$$) Toyota Avalon (nice$$) Lincoln Zephyr (nice$$). I am not used to car payments and really didn't want to pay the $$$ that these cars would have cost me. There are few frills, but plenty of room, pep and great fuel economy. Small car handling, large car room...great performance on daily expressway driving. The price was great and I am very happy with this car!

enjoying the road again
By a.a. on 09/17/06 23:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I was attracted to the 500 by it's semi-luxury euro exterior which appears deceptively mid-size but open the doors and trunk lid...WOW! After purchasing, I read about its low horsepower being it's weak point. City driving does have a 'full-size' feel but on the highway this puppy gets up and I've never felt it strain, so I attribute both inclinations to its CVT...either way, I enjoy driving again.

Move back to ford
By joe b on 09/14/06 15:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Was surprised by smooth ride, good size and mileage. Got a good price and low APR.

2006's Most Underrated Car
By Unfamous on 06/14/06 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car is really fun to drive, and is roomy beyond belief. Sort of feels like you're driving an SUV, but it's a sedan. Great on gas too!

Better than the Asian cars
By Domestic guy on 06/02/06 05:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The new Five Hundred is a nice full sized car with room to spare. I can put a ton of things in the trunk and people in the back seat can really stretch out. This car has so much more trunk space and leg room than the Toyota Avalon that I don't see why anyone would choose it over this. Of course more power would be welcome and gas mileage has been only so so but I'm sure will get better with more break in miles. Really ticked at Ford for eliminating the bodyside door molding for protection.

Fairly Good Full Size Sedan
By Freeagent35 on 05/06/06 05:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is a company issued automobile for me. The basic load out is decent (CD, power equipment). The vehicle is reasonably attractive and the seats are comfortable. Controls seem to be well designed. Good amount of interior storage (center console, door pockets; especially like the dash storage bay). Engine runs a little rough at times, but ok. The CVT transmission is a little odd and it feels like a car with a slipping clutch. But, CVT seems to increase gas mileage about 10% or more. Irritating engine noises, especially when cold. Fit and finish spotty (hood shakes at 70 mph and must be slammed to shut). Overall, not a bad auto. I may buy it when company sells it IF the price is low.

Satisfied owner
By Steve Nemeth on 02/25/06 14:53 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2006 Ford 500 SE with the CVT transmission in November of 2005. It presently has 6,500 miles on it and is running great. I am very happy with this car and how well it is built. So far, it has lived up to my expectations. I read a lot of research about this car before I purchased. It does take time to get used to the CVT tranny and how it shifts. The car drives well. I can't really say its fun to drive, although it handles well. Fun driving to me, would be in a smaller sportier car.

Ford 500
By rollin on 09/13/05 21:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased the Ford 500 with the CVT transmission on the SE model front wheel drive. The car has plenty of power for me. I like the size and quality that Volvo has added. The doors are well sealed with rubber and makes all road sounds a thing of the past. The air conditioner gets the car cool fast. The tires are 17 inch and are wide to hold the road, nice ride. It was a bargain with the employee discount, under $20,000. It is a nice safe car. Take your foot off the gas and it rolls freely. Getting about 18 miles to the gallon around town. Could do better in town with more careful driving.

Transmission Surge Update
By Ed on 08/24/05 15:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is a follow up to a previous problem report. The CVT engine/transmission was rough especially during moderate acceleration during warm-up. The shop foreman was very proactive by contacting the engineering rep even though no error codes appeared in the computer. Coincidentally a technical service bulletin [TSB 05-17-05] appeared within a week of my problem. The shop foreman contacted me! The PCM and TCM were reprogrammed per the TSB and ALL IS WELL! Now, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Ford Five Hundred. Roomy, comfortable on a trip, good mileage and fun to drive. Don't pay any attention to some car mag reports about inadequate acceleration. Test drive the CVT and be surprised.

Ford 500
By WK on 08/13/05 12:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I drive the Ford 500 to work and I just love the reliability, and comfort of this vehicle. However, with the gas prices so high, it does make traveling expensive.