Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred SE Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Such a pretty car!
By Lucia

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

When I first spotted this car I thought it was a Mercedes with its overall good looks of distinction. I instantly fell in love after looking at so many cars. It drives like a Cadillac with a smooth ride and the extra room inside is reminiscent of the big cars of yesteryear. My husband who is an auto mechanic swore he would never own a Ford, but was highly impressed with this car. He says the only down side is the engine is too small for such a large car. He's into speed while I'll take comfort and smoothness of ride any day.

Being a short person, I appreciate the 'high ride', the roomy seating area in front and back, the huge trunk, great stereo system and all the bells and whistles of luxury amenities.

Could be more soundproof. There is loud engine noise on acceleration and the steering sounds like metal rubbing against metal.

Goodbye Ford
By Jeevis

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought new...start of a nightmare! Motor has been ticking since 500 miles. Ford retorqued and adjusted arojund the camshaft twice-no improvement! Dealer is stumped! Constant brake problems (car has only 20000 miles now). Steering stops have to constantly be "re-set and re-greased" because of noises when steering. AC would not turn off at one point-fixed now. AC doors were striking something and made knocking noises whenever AC was turned on/off-now fixed. Still some odd sounds under dash (like water running) and A/C panel-again Ford is stumped! Dealer blames Ford; Ford blames dealer. This loyal customer will take his loyalty to Toyota/Honda-never to return to Ford again!

Roomy interior, dashboard, beautifully designed exterior, excellent sound system.

Ford needs to be more helpful to customers they've sold a lemon to. Many noises in this car that are not right. Need to fix this car's brake system. Mud flaps too low and often strike ground when going over speed bumps. Constant engine tick. Power steering knocks. Crudely made!

Best Yet
By Ed Wood

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am a life long Crown Vic owner. I rented a 500 for a trip up the west coast. I was hooked and bought one the next week. I drive this car over 1000 miles a week and I have had no issues with it. I feel very safe when driving. I like the visibility and high seating (6'3") - As a replacement for all you Crown Vic owners - Give it a test drive. I'm glad I did.

Super large trunk. Easy to get into and out of the car. Good mileage for a V-6. Easy to drive and park in the city.

Better brakes. Hybrid (hint hint)

Safest Car in America
By TERRYP

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've driven this car for 1 year and currently have no issues. This is one solidly built automobile. I've studied the crash test data and I wasn't disappointed - 4 out of 5 tests it achieved the 5 star rating. (The 4 star rating was for rollover prevention - an issue that was corrected for 2008.) More than anything else - it is very comfortable to drive or ride in. Passengers in the back seat are surprised by the amount of leg room. When this lease is up I'm buying a Taurus.

Roominess. This car puts my wife's Crown Vic to shame. More trunk space too.

Auto unlock when ignition key turned off! After the drive unlock all the doors please.

Poor Quality. Nothing but troubles
By Paul

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Buy a Toyota or Nissan or Honda. This car is the worst. I have had nothing but troubles with it. I have had it in the shop at least 6 times in 11 months. Bad rotors, replaced rotors, ground rotors, air conditioning problem, brake out at 30K, loudest car ever. Save your money and buy Japanese. I just bought a Maxima and love it. Soon I will get rid of Ford forever.

Gasmileage

Sell the company to someone who know how to build a reliable car