2006 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
TRANSMISSION IS WACK
By condrabo on 03/11/11 09:33 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Ford has had major problems with the transmissions in the 2005-2006 Ford 500's. The transmissions go out with as little as 30,000 miles on the vehicle. My car is no exception to the transmission issues. The car will "buck and jump" when passing or when slowing below 40 mph. I contacted Ford and their response was since the NHTSA hasn't forced a recall, there is nothing they can do to assist with the problem. Instead of being proactive, I suppose Ford will just wait until enough people have had their fill of problems and file class action lawsuits.

mpg
By joe z on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I wrote a review awhile ago stating I was getting 20 mpg local droving, & mentioned I would write back when I go on a trip. Well to my surprise we averaged 29 mpg. not bad for an all wheel drive. very satisfied

My Last Ford - EVER
By Carl D. Clark on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The paint is coming apart on the leading edge of the hood, an obvious defect from the factory. The collision center manager at the dealer "confirmed" that it is a factory defect, and stated that ford is not standing up and warranting it. The dealer said it will cost $500 to repaint the hood and that they could not warranty the repair due to the problems with the aluminum hood. After contacting Ford Customer service I received a call from the dealer saying that they can get Ford to pay $200 of the $500 to repaint the hood. Today Ford Customer service said that this case is not closed. Never again.

My European sport sedan
By DMS on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Oh man when I first saw the car I said what's a 500? A friend had to tell me about the old name plate and I remembered so when I traded in my 97 Olds Aurora I was so impressed with the 500 with the look and how it handled, cause I only care about performance and how a car handles and the look was Awesome,while most of my buddies bought 'European Cars' I bout a FORD FIVE HUNDRED AWD LIMITED,they were impressed also. haven't had any problems and I bought it used with 41,000 I just put brakes on and new tires on it.I just want it to be more sporty but the car is the best 'SPORT SEDAN''American I have had. My motto is "drive now, drive forever, drive Ford. Thanks Ford this is my first one.

Transmission Failure
By Dora Sweigart on 08/24/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

With 68,000 miles, the transmission went out. The cost to repair was $4,200. Now the air conditioning is going out. I will not buy another Ford product.

A Mechanic's Dream to make more money
By Carl on 05/28/10 05:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a piece of junk, mechanically speaking. 60,000 mile, with 3 brake jobs, 1 alternator, 1 front wheel bearing, 2 idler arm ball joints and Fidelity Extended Insurance won't cover it, considered normal wear. What a crock. I will never purchase another Ford product.

Satisfied in NY
By Central NY on 03/24/10 18:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car. I have had it since new and have 92000 miles on it. I have driven this car 11 hours in one day and never get stiff or cramped like other cars I have owned. Gas mileage is great at 24 mpg love the leather and sunroof. The traction control was worth every cent of the upgrade price. Have never had a problem in snow. I will say its a typical ford as far as brakes go, I am on my 3rd set along with 3rd set of tires. But even after 92,000 mile the car is as steady on the road as the day I picked it up from the dealer. Wish they didn't rename it to Taurus I think the car would have done better as a 500.

never had anything like it!
By candice on 02/01/10 05:45 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My car was bought for me as my birthday present from my husband and I loved it as soon as I saw it! We live in new york and we have seen some really bad snow storms here. My car has been great to me! I've never had a problem with my car and right now it has over 100,000 miles on it. I have the leather interior and it's so easy to clean considering I have 2 kids that ride in the back seat. I take my car to and from pa alot so the fact that it has so much room is great! My husband thinks that any other car feels too confined! We were looking at buying a sport utility but I couldn't bring myself to part with my car. I would suggest anyone buy a 500! You can't beat the car for the price!

From Explorer to 500 in under 2.8 second
By fivehundredpa on 01/21/10 00:28 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, I am very impressed with the car. I've only had it for over a month but so far it feels solid. After spending an entire year searching for a car to trade into from and SUV, this one had the best consumer reviews. You'd be amazed how many cars have horrible transmission problems. Got a 4 year bumper to bumper to help with Ford's here and there reliability. The car feels nice on the road, handles snow decently. The stock tires I would throw into the sun if I could. Punch it and she'll take off or just baby it and she'll tug along. As for some folks complaint about power, it's adequate and if you want pure performance then should have looked at a car with those specs.

love the car but hate the monthly visits
By mrscal on 11/09/09 14:22 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 500 brand new and fell in love with it. My husband gave it to me for a Christmas present/baby gift. Car performed well when we had a collision later that year. Then the monthly visits began. The car has had a new blower motor installed, a ton of transmission work, three brake jobs, door repairs, interior repair, and now the radio has died. We also believe there is an electrical problem with the car the dealership has not located as of yet. I am ready to move this car on. Loved the car, but I hate the almost monthly dealership visits. I would not recommend this car nor any Ford product...and this coming from a former Ford fan.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.