Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Solid Performer for the Price
By 6-Month Review

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I really think the engine is more than large enough. The 'strain' that I hear other talking about seem to be engine noise, which is significant even when simply taking-off from a stop at moderate acceleration.

Interior room, handling, all the 'extras', some optional, most standard, wheel base for greater acceleration, height of driving position.

Sunglass holder is worthless. Needs better exterior curves and some body molding.

this is my fantastic voyage
By S.J. Carey

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife went from Independence Missouri to Saint Louis Missouri and had a 1/4 tank left.That is a 8 hour drive. Because it does not come with side airbags we thought it would be unsafe and were looking at a 2007 Honda Accord.The 2007 Accord gets 4 stars crash test rating with side steel beams and airbags. My 2006 Ford 500 with NO airbags gets 5 stars. Consumers Reports has it as a recommended buy and me and my family agrees. If you want a sedan that is comfortable with an incredible amount of trunk space that gets good gas mileage this is the car for you.

DVD player, smooth ride, exceptional gas mileage, huge trunk, and comfortable seats.

With only a little over 200 hp that is the only weakness to my wife. I just simply chill. Heard that the 2008 will get a 265 hp engine. Then it would be perfect.

Pleasantly surprised
By Cathy

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My 99 Chrysler 300M was totaled in April and I was looking for a SAFE, reliable and comfortable replacement car. We looked at the 300s, Acura TL (nice$$) Toyota Avalon (nice$$) Lincoln Zephyr (nice$$). I am not used to car payments and really didn't want to pay the $$$ that these cars would have cost me. There are few frills, but plenty of room, pep and great fuel economy. Small car handling, large car room...great performance on daily expressway driving. The price was great and I am very happy with this car!

Handling and passing performance. This car can move.

I miss the weather temperature and directional information that was on my Chrysler 300. That's it though.

The Best Sedan We Ever Bought!
By Brian

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Well, here we are, 10K miles later and we keep marveling at how much we love this great automobile. The fuel mileage is on target, no squeaks or rattles, comfortable as all getup and it goes like stink when needed. The ONLY reason it was returned to the dealer was to reprogram the dealer installed remote starter that includes all the bells and whistles that somehow got a glitch. It has been absolutely trouble free, other than that! This is by far The Best Car we have ever owned, and we trade every 3-4 years. This makes this the 15th personal car we have owned, not counting 10 company vehicles that we have had in a fleet. I have to give Ford a "Dattaboy!" with the 500.

The trunk can almost fit a small car inside. It holds even more items than my Crown Vic. We also enjoy all the accolades that this car receives whenever someone not familiar with the 500 takes a ride in it. Love the CVT, AWD heated seats, and the view!

A bit more bass from otherwise great stereo system, a wagon version other than the Freestyle, a high performance version.

Extremely pleased and surprised
By JER

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Even though the majority of the reviews were positive for the Ford 500 I hesitated to purchase it because of some of the negative comments I had read. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! I put on a lot of mileage averaging 800 to 900 miles per week. I took my new 500 Limited with the CVT transmission on a trip from the Eastern Shore of Maryland to Atlanta Ga. to Nashville Tenn. through Stanton Va. and back to the Eastern Shore (1975 miles). Gas mileage was between 26 to 27.5 MPH. Ride was like sitting in your easy chair. The stereo system was excellent, and the car had plenty of power for traveling highways with speed limits up to 75 MPH. It is a good looking car. I would highly recommend it.

Gas mileage, comfort, stereo, overall looks, trunk space, navigation system, interior room.

Side door moldings, dual sunvisors for use on side windows.