2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
This can't be a FORD!
By John Mood on 10/08/05 08:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have owned our 500 LTD AWD for a month. Absolutely LOVE it. Went to N.H. last weekend and averaged 26.6 mpg highway. Had a "glitch" with the Nav system the first morning. Temp was in the mid 30's. It's been OK since. Also a squeak developed in the right rear tire area while we were up north. Other than these two things , the car runs great, looks great, and most people CAN'T believe it's a Ford.

Why the 300c, when you get Fuel Economy
By Robert StJohn on 10/07/05 10:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The fuel economy is no hype. It's right on target. Legroom in backseat is like a limo. Trunk and cargo space is almost as spacious as the Taurus Wagon (I've had 3 for over 200,000 miles) Little storage spaces are convenient and well placed. One minor drawback is that it has trouble accelerating onto an interstate ramp up hill. It is a small price to pay for the fact that I've gotten 31.5 MPG on the highway.

Comfort and ergonomics
By Bob Brownby on 09/24/05 23:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drive five hundred miles per week and have averaged over twenty nine miles per gallon. I'll take the gas mileage over the so called lack of power any day, especially considering the rising price of gas.The Five Hundred has great ergonomics and is the most comfortable cars I've ever owned. Great value for the price.

love it so far
By Jon VanDyk on 09/20/05 14:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After three SUVs, I wasn't sure how I would feel about driving a sedan, even if it did feature "command seating." I have NOT been disappointed. this car is everything it is advertised to be and more. European style, great comfort, large in size and surprising gas mileage. altogether a great package.

Ford 500
By rollin on 09/13/05 21:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased the Ford 500 with the CVT transmission on the SE model front wheel drive. The car has plenty of power for me. I like the size and quality that Volvo has added. The doors are well sealed with rubber and makes all road sounds a thing of the past. The air conditioner gets the car cool fast. The tires are 17 inch and are wide to hold the road, nice ride. It was a bargain with the employee discount, under $20,000. It is a nice safe car. Take your foot off the gas and it rolls freely. Getting about 18 miles to the gallon around town. Could do better in town with more careful driving.

By Don Groen on 09/13/05 20:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After nearly 6,000 miles, I have had no problems. On the highway I have been averaging around 31 MPG driving at or near speed limit. It is a pleasure to drive and it gets lots of curiosity lookers and questions. I am very satisfied with the 500.

500 A Good Choice
By richtn1 on 09/13/05 09:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have enjoyed my Ford 500. It gets great gas mileage and has a very smooth but controlled ride. The only things I would change are the passenger seat and the tranny. The tranny needs a sport mode so the driver can select the gear manually during spirited driving. The passenger's seat needs to be 8 way adjustable like the driver's seat. I can't imagine anyone hauling lumber in this nice interior.

Best In Class
By Scott C. on 08/29/05 10:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I spent several weeks trying to find the best car in my price range. I am the type of person who has to be sure I am satisfied before I spend a large amount of money. I test drove and researched every other car in this class and price range. Safety was a big concern and there is nothing better in the same class. It beat the Camry, Accord, etc. The Five Hundred was designed by Volvo's top structural and safety engineers and the crash test results reflect it. The car has adequate power and rides like a luxury car. I have seen some reviews that said this car would appeal more to the older crowd. I am 33 and two other people bought a Five Hundred while I was there and they were even younger.

Transmission Surge Update
By Ed on 08/24/05 15:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is a follow up to a previous problem report. The CVT engine/transmission was rough especially during moderate acceleration during warm-up. The shop foreman was very proactive by contacting the engineering rep even though no error codes appeared in the computer. Coincidentally a technical service bulletin [TSB 05-17-05] appeared within a week of my problem. The shop foreman contacted me! The PCM and TCM were reprogrammed per the TSB and ALL IS WELL! Now, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Ford Five Hundred. Roomy, comfortable on a trip, good mileage and fun to drive. Don't pay any attention to some car mag reports about inadequate acceleration. Test drive the CVT and be surprised.

Best Buy
By jpvette on 08/18/05 19:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

One of the best of cars I have ever owned, it is great looking, and runs smooth and quiet. The 18 inch wheels really make all the difference. The power memory seating gives you a great view of the road. The interior is smart looking and well appointed has all the features of luxury car. Great truck room.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.