Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Five-hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

The Best Sedan We Ever Bought!
By Brian

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Well, here we are, 10K miles later and we keep marveling at how much we love this great automobile. The fuel mileage is on target, no squeaks or rattles, comfortable as all getup and it goes like stink when needed. The ONLY reason it was returned to the dealer was to reprogram the dealer installed remote starter that includes all the bells and whistles that somehow got a glitch. It has been absolutely trouble free, other than that! This is by far The Best Car we have ever owned, and we trade every 3-4 years. This makes this the 15th personal car we have owned, not counting 10 company vehicles that we have had in a fleet. I have to give Ford a "Dattaboy!" with the 500.

Favorite Features

The trunk can almost fit a small car inside. It holds even more items than my Crown Vic. We also enjoy all the accolades that this car receives whenever someone not familiar with the 500 takes a ride in it. Love the CVT, AWD heated seats, and the view!

Suggested Improvements

A bit more bass from otherwise great stereo system, a wagon version other than the Freestyle, a high performance version.

Extremely pleased and surprised
By JER

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Even though the majority of the reviews were positive for the Ford 500 I hesitated to purchase it because of some of the negative comments I had read. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! I put on a lot of mileage averaging 800 to 900 miles per week. I took my new 500 Limited with the CVT transmission on a trip from the Eastern Shore of Maryland to Atlanta Ga. to Nashville Tenn. through Stanton Va. and back to the Eastern Shore (1975 miles). Gas mileage was between 26 to 27.5 MPH. Ride was like sitting in your easy chair. The stereo system was excellent, and the car had plenty of power for traveling highways with speed limits up to 75 MPH. It is a good looking car. I would highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, comfort, stereo, overall looks, trunk space, navigation system, interior room.

Suggested Improvements

Side door moldings, dual sunvisors for use on side windows.

Bad Brakes - Ford Won't Fix Rear Pads
By jim

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We drove our new Ford 500 home; after driving 400 miles the brakes were pulsing and making a loud grinding noise. We took it in to the dealer and it needed new rotors and pads. Now we can't go 1000 miles before our wheels are totally black with brake dust in the rear only. I am told that Ford is going to develop new pads this quarter to fix the problem. This is a nice car but we have had all these brake problems and we canít get an answer if our car is even safe to drive. 400 miles for a set of rotors and is not normal and I don't think it's too safe either.

Favorite Features

The size of the trunk and the AWD.

Suggested Improvements

Brake system does not work. Ford needs to correct the defect in the rear brake system.

enjoying the road again
By a.a.

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I was attracted to the 500 by it's semi-luxury euro exterior which appears deceptively mid-size but open the doors and trunk lid...WOW! After purchasing, I read about its low horsepower being it's weak point. City driving does have a 'full-size' feel but on the highway this puppy gets up and I've never felt it strain, so I attribute both inclinations to its CVT...either way, I enjoy driving again.

Favorite Features

Spacious cabin. Supersized trunk. CVT transmission. Visibility. Trunk access with fold-down rear seats. Large gas tank.

Suggested Improvements

Retractable antenna.

Love It
By toledo diver

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Lots of room and comfort, surprising how well it handles. Classy with a touch of sport.

Favorite Features

Interior room and appearance, very soothing eye appeal and the audio system for audiophiles is excellent for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Viewed from the rear it looks boxy, I'd add some contour and some more chrome.