2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Well driven
By Mr pbns on 12/23/05 21:10 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

12000 miles and defects starting to show. Front suspension bearings and springs replace. TSB issued. It is now winter and auto heating system not working properly. After driving Japanese cars for many years and after buying this Ford I now remember why I used to drive Japanese cars.

Fantastic Ford Five Hundred
By wildgoose on 11/29/05 22:51 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Ford has finally built an European auto, but at $10-15,000 less. I average 27 mpg on rolling hilly highways. Makes ice and snow covered roads feel like dry pavement. Plenty of room in cabin and trunk. Comfort and convenience combine with hi-tech controls and transmission for a fun-to-drive automobile. It doesn't just pretend to be of European quality. It challenges European quality. I still find it hard to believe that I got so much car for such a low price.

Love the room and ride
By steve on 11/16/05 09:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Replaced a Dodge intrepid '94 with the new 500. Many new features and love the large seating and trunk. Picked the AWD, due to high speed stability. 2WD was twitchy on back roads. First tank of gas was 27.5 mpg. The body is tight and very good craftsmanship. The trunk can be rented out for an apartment.

My view from the Ivy Tower
By Marion E. Hall on 11/12/05 17:08 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is our first all wheel drive and our first CVT. This makes for some interesting situations when the car is in the cruse mode and you are in hilly areas. Overall, the car performed quite well.

Satisfied with my Five Hundred
By Roger on 11/07/05 07:09 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2005 model year Limited FWD for my wife. We have had it about 2 weeks and simply love this car. The interior is simply outstanding and has a very luxury look and feel to it. Seats are very comfortable, front and rear legroom is great, road noise is acceptable but could be improved (I can still carry on a conversation in the car without raising the level of my voice). Power is more than adequate for us. The Duratec 3.0 liter engine is a very reliable engine. I have a 1996 Sable, also purchased new, with over 90K miles and have had no issues whatsoever with it. I'm looking forward to several years of driving pleasure with our new Five Hundred.

UPDATE - Can't believe it's a Ford
By JOHN MOOD on 11/01/05 09:44 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We've had the car for seven weeks. Close to 3000 miles. Took it to the dealer for a squeak. Naturally, it didn't happen at the dealers, so the issue is still unresolved. They also had to re-program the computer. Overall, We are extremely happy with the car. We get many compliments.. One thing though,we don't see many on the road and FORD doesn't advertise it much. We're somewhat confused about that!

Ford hit a home run with the 500
By Ward on 10/27/05 13:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent mileage, over 30 if you stay below 65. With a 20 gal tank that's one gas stop a week for me and I love it. Interior is sweet and comfortable, every control and surface has excellent feel and for me the stereo is better than my home system. It plays my MP3 CD's so I pack up the 6 disc player and never look back. Good bye radio, who needs ya. Handling is also excellent in all weather with just FWD, which added to the fuel economy.

My 500
By D. Lohman on 10/21/05 12:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I could hardly be more impressed with an automobile. The fit & finish and quality are superior. The "Command Seating" is great. Only two small complaints; the car has too much road noise on all but the smoothest surfaces and it could use a little more power, BUT I love the fuel economy. I am getting almost 28 MPG on the highway and 25 overall. Bottom line, I love it and am VERY satisfied.

Poor Acceleration
By Patrick Guggerty on 10/18/05 09:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Only problem is the acceleration should be better; Buick, Mazda, GM & Toyota offer an upgraded engine! But the reason I bought it was the all wheel drive. I just hope the power train holds up.

Ford Five Hundred SE AWD
By vthockeydad on 10/15/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Ford Five Hundred SE AWD for 4 weeks now and cannot understand why there are not a lot more of these cars on the road. (I drive approximately 50,000 miles per year and trade every two years) This is one of the best cars I have driven, especially for the money. It is a Volvo S80 frame and is incredibly solid, smooth, and safe. The handling is excellent with the AWD and you can get an interesting transmission that does not shift like conventional transmissions. I am averaging approximately 26 miles per gallon with a little over half my miles on highways. I highly recommend them. You can get one for around $22,000. Great car for the money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.