Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Great Automobile
By jimbo

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

First car I bought other than a Taurus for over 20 years and am very pleased. Great riding, extremely comfortable and spacious with room in the back.

Trunk size, comfort, roominess, outside key combination lock, leg room. First Ford I've had that doesn't fog up in wet weather.

Knees hit side molding on door. Rear view mirror is difficult to see out of. Remote starter would be a plus.

A Solid Car for the Right Price
By Mark

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After 6,000 miles I am very satisfied with my Ford Five Hundred. I have a fully loaded AWD Limited. The amount of options and features available for the price is an excellent value. I purchased this vehicle when gas prices were at their peak in hopes to achieve better MPG than my F-150. I am very satisfied with the MPG I am getting (about 19/20 city). I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is in the market for a sedan. I have an issue with the electronics in the instrument panel and interior lighting that causes the lights to dim and flicker periodically. I am not sure if this is a widespread problem or if I have a faulty component.

AWD is excellent in the snow. Navigation system is very easy to use. DVD player is a added benefit to the already large rear seat area. Interior is very well laid out.

Bolder exterior styling. Dual exhaust and at least 30 more horsepower would make this car more fun to drive. A subwoofer would greatly benefit the sound system to add more bass.

comfortable to drive
By comfort

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drive about 2500 miles per month and I have had occasion to be in the car as long as 11 hours with just short stops. By far this is one of the most comfortable cars I have ever driven. Love the pep on the highway, cruise is constant and does not drift. Best car Ford has ever put on the road!

Love it all, huge trunk, enormous back seat, leather interior and sun roof.

None.

I love this car
By brian

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have own this car for 7 months and I love it. The excellent mileage and the comfort of the seating speaks volumes for the Ford engineers. All of the new amenities show Ford is committed to providing cars American can be proud of.

Driver and passenger seats are easy to position, entry and exits have minivan ease.

Locking center console and less corner roll.

Solid Performer for the Price
By 6-Month Review

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I really think the engine is more than large enough. The 'strain' that I hear other talking about seem to be engine noise, which is significant even when simply taking-off from a stop at moderate acceleration.

Interior room, handling, all the 'extras', some optional, most standard, wheel base for greater acceleration, height of driving position.

Sunglass holder is worthless. Needs better exterior curves and some body molding.