2006 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Excellent Car
By Philly on 01/30/06 09:52 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I just purchased the Limited FWD and we love it. We traded in our Pathfinder suv. This car blows away any car I have ever owned. I have two car seats in the back and have more room than I had with the suv. The interior is beautiful and the outside looks both strong and elegant. My husband loves the 18 inch Pirelli tires; they look good on this sedan. The command seating is great, especially if previous car was an suv. This is a great family car. It has tons of space inside and out. Ford did a great job. Now there really is no reason to buy a foreign car.

Love my Ford 500
By VA Guide on 01/29/06 22:02 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this for commuting and long trips (my other car is a 350Z). Love it! I can hear the stereo and engage in conversations at 70 MPH. Very comfortable on long trips and in traffic. I live in a cabin on the woods so I appreciate the all wheel drive. I actually was deciding between an Infinity M35 AWD and the Ford 500. Couldn't justify the extra 20 grand for the M35.

Why doesn't Ford advertise this car more
By greg on 01/25/06 19:18 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have put 6,000 miles on our 500 so far and we love it. The fit and finish are great and the comfort is outstanding. I took it up to our cabin in Idaho and blasted through two feet of snow in our driveway with no problem. I have driven Mercedes Benz for 20 years can honestly say wow! I love the way the cvt tranny shifts and the awd is tremendous. My wife loves the heated seats (I do too) and the elevated seating is so easy to get in and out of the car. Give this car a look.

Well made American Sedan!
By Dameon on 01/25/06 16:04 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Worth the money. It's comparable to many of the more expensive euro sedans. Drives well and very comfortable. I like that it sits up high. When I'm not driving, I spend most of my time thinking of places & reasons to drive. I wish I'd got the Limited AWD now.

Great Large Car
By Dad Fey on 01/23/06 01:36 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Best large car I have ever owned. Get with ALL options. Limited, AWD, Navigation, safety coupe, etc. There is no longer any excuses not to buy a large American sedan. For under $30,000 this is an unbelievable bargain.

Ford 500: What A Car!
By J. Abramo on 01/20/06 11:19 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The car is outstanding to drive giving the driver a sense of a much bigger car. It is comfortable and the interior is well designed. The AWD system operates flawlessly and the handling in inclement weather is extraordinary. The engine is very adequate for this vehicle as it is not a race car. All that have sat in the rear have expressed the great amount of room available for passenger comfort. Both me and my wife have been stopped by people asking about this vehicle. We have had flashy vehicles in the past, but none that have provoked such interest by the general public. This is a great value and its safety has been noted by NHSTA. Ford needs to advertise this vehicle better!

Drive it and you will buy it
By TommyB2513 on 01/19/06 17:48 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is one of the best vehicles I have driven in quite a while. It is comfortable, has plenty of power, large interior space, A/C cools well - I am in Texas and that is important - large truck and best of all, a quality vehicle. Too many people are saying it has no power; it does have what is necessary for a professional/family sedan. I have had many compliments after people have ridden in the car. You must take a look at it before you take the word of people who just like high priced fast cars. This car is for the normal everyday Joe who wants a car that will last him a long time.

Excellent Overall Full Size Car
By Mac on 01/13/06 14:48 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my Five Hundred Limited in mid-Dec. Fuel mileage after 600 miles ranges from 15 in the city to 23 on the highway (65 mph). Ride comfort is excellent. Traded in a 2003 LeSabre Limited. The ride in the Five Hundred is a bit firmer than the LeSabre, yet the handling is much sharper. The overall ergonomics are outstanding. The rear seat room accommodates just about anyone. The trunk is huge. Am hoping the overall fuel economy will improve as the powertrain gets "broken in." The 6- speed automatic makes up for the most part the lack of torque the 3.0L V6 has. Overall performance is similar to what the LeSabre had.

Ford 500 is a fantastic car
By John on 01/11/06 05:51 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I got the Ford 500 limited and I'm tickled to death with it. I got mine with sun roof, upgraded sound system, back up sensor, adjustable pedals, and of course leather. The ride and comfort is great. Plenty of room inside. It sits up high, giving a great field of view. Has a huge trunk. The only drawback I see is it might need a little more power, but all in all I'm very pleased. Great car.

Ford 500
By Tony Dietrich on 01/03/06 16:14 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Lots of room in front and back. Easy to get in and out. Handles well on snow and ice. Very satisfied with the vehicle. Average of 23 city driving (Denver,CO), I haven't had the opportunity for a long trip yet to check highway MPG.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.