Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Five Hundred

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

If The Car Fits, Wear It
By Slider7

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine last July. I have just over 9,000 miles now and it has never been back to any dealership. Two synthetic oil changes and one air filter. Most comfortable and reliable. The only reasons I'd buy new!

Everything came in twos. The moonrood/cd changer, the merlot metallic/black leather interior, Pirellis on 18" rims, cream guages & clock/faux burled accents, steering wheel controls, roomy front and rear and trunk! Engine compartment easy to service.

If you take a Porsche designed liquid- cooled V-6 quattrovalve engine, mate it to the same 6-speed tranny built by a division of Toyota that's also in the Mini Cooper, and mount them onto a Volvo platform what improvement would I want? A RWD V-8 400HP Five Hundred Limited priced like the Pontiac GTO.

2006 SEL
By Bob Egmond

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Ford Five Hundred for about one year now and have had zero problems. The interior is very spacious and also very comfortable a a long trip.

None

Family Car
By Engineer

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Limited is comfortable and economical. I am not one for all the hype about more power. There is enough power for sensible driving in my situation. On two long trips, 2900 miles for 2 persons and 850 miles for 4 persons through Texas and the central Mid West, the transmission did downshift when using cruise on the rolling hills. The first time it downshifted two gears at 80 mph (2200 rpm to almost 4000 rpm) surprised me. We were all comfortable during these trips. We bought this car to get away from using a large SUV as our primary car. With the rolling hills and a heavy load with air on we get about 26 mpg on the highway, on level ground and normal load it is near the 29 mark.

Large seating and trunk, economy, comfort, looks.

Look at the cruise control design to minimize the shifting on rolling highway hills.

Lots of room, but electrical problems
By ebutterfly

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car has lots of room and great to have with 2 kids. The problems that we have had though is that they have already had to replace the radio. It would just go out and have no sound with it. Now we are having problems with the windows not working. I don't know if we just got a lemon or if this is a manufacturing problem. If the windows are working, I love this car.

The huge trunk, plenty of room for my 6'4" husband to sit in the back seat and entertain kids, room for 3 people in the back.

Windows need to work all the time, Radio doesn't need to be replaced after only a year.

Best Ford Ever
By lee warren

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the Limited. This is truly a great car. Fuel economy is impressive, especially on the highway. Getting over 30mpg. I love the CVT transmission and build quality. A lot of car for the money.

CVT transmission, room and smoothness.

None. They got it right.