2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews 12

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Love This Car
By Gerald on 03/04/06 04:42 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Traded an '03 Acura TL which was a great car on the highway, but was not ergonomically suited to less than agile youngsters entering and exiting. And even youth found the back seat less than comfortable. The 500 is just the opposite, and while the 6-speed hunts a lot at around 45-55, it is a a good driving car that is, for a sedan, very responsive.

The switch from SUV to Sedan
By Sandy on 03/02/06 16:15 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was reluctant to buy a sedan since I drove 3 Explorers prior to this car. Now that I have, I can honestly say that the Ford 500 is much more comfortable than an SUV and with the price of gas going up again, it is also more economical. Not that I wouldn't ever want another Explorer, but the 500 has been a pleasant surprise. The Limited that I drive has a lot of luxury car features.

Fantastic Vehicle!
By Fran on 03/02/06 05:14 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My family and I are amazed with this vehicle. You can't beat the amount of features you get for the price - we have the AWD Limited with all of the safety options. I've never been a fan of "large" sedans, but the exterior doesn't look large at all while the interior is truly spacious. It's a pleasure to drive.

Great car for your money
By MaryFrances on 03/01/06 19:21 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I LOVE THIS CAR. Smooth ride, great handling, no blind spots. Very sweet looking car. Soft leather seats are very comfortable and don't get cold like other leather seats do. Handles better in the snow than my old Explorer did. Radio controls on steering wheel are a pleasure. Remote start is the best - glad Ford is finally offering it. Having my own controls for heat and a/c are great - I'm always cold and the hubby is always hot. Plenty of leg room for all - especially tall people. Can sit in the back seat and not have knees up to your chin. Can not believe the trunk space.

Thrilled With This Purchase
By Mitchell on 03/01/06 18:41 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After 2 months, I could not be happier with my new 500. I test drove 20 cars before choosing the 500. I was close to buying a Benz E320, but the 500 delivered much more value. The cvt seemed like a sales gimmick, but the smooth shifts are so unnoticeable in my hilly neighborhood. The rear leg room made possible by the raised front seats means my kids do not fight over the front. (The rear is as roomy as a BMW 700 series or Mercedes S Class!). The trunk is massive. The inside feels totally luxurious. Please do not compare with a Honda Accord, this is so much roomier and luxurious. And the 6 cylinder may not be a rocket, but it delivers enough power with good gas mileage. Go buy this car.

Satisfied owner
By Steve Nemeth on 02/25/06 14:53 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2006 Ford 500 SE with the CVT transmission in November of 2005. It presently has 6,500 miles on it and is running great. I am very happy with this car and how well it is built. So far, it has lived up to my expectations. I read a lot of research about this car before I purchased. It does take time to get used to the CVT tranny and how it shifts. The car drives well. I can't really say its fun to drive, although it handles well. Fun driving to me, would be in a smaller sportier car.

Absolutely a Great Car
By Tom on 02/11/06 00:32 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car to replace my wife's Grand Marquis, so we were used to large cars. The interior and trunk room in this car will make you rethink big. The is equipped with all options (not ordered, just the way it came) and we have found that they are mostly very useful. Adjustable gas and brake pedals are great for short drivers, they get you back some from the airbag. This car rides very smooth and responds very well to steering input. Brakes are firm and positive (and ABS). Safety (#1 pick by IIHS) was the single most important selling point for me. With the Safety Canopy and the addition of side mounted airbags, this is one of the safest cars you can own.

Great Benchmark
By Richard - Maryland on 02/07/06 16:30 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I'm a sales rep and the 500 is my company car. Best one yet. I'm 6'-2" and I can easily fit 3 customers and myself comfortably. My wife is looking at luxury cars and we're using the 500 as a benchmark. So far we're disappointed in what a $36K luxury car can give us compared to this car. Example, if we were to take friends out to dinner we'd feel more comfortable asking them to sit in the back of the 500 vs. the Lexus ES330 or the Acura TL. 500 has great visibility, plenty of room, a place for my Blackberry, cell phone, chargers, notebook, coffee, bottled water and more ... all at the same time. I'm tempted to get one for my wife with leather et al and forego the "luxury" cars.

Great car, but Ford could do better
By SFKen on 02/05/06 12:38 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. It is put together well, rides and drives great, looks good, etc., EXCEPT it needs a little more horsepower. The 250 HP engine due in the 2007 model will solve that problem but why does Ford make us wait. Also, the interior doors, etc. are hard plastic. I wish Ford would spend a few dollars, and I will pay more, for a softer feeling interior. Design, etc. is great. It's just 95% of a perfect car.

Love it
By Bill Kooser on 02/03/06 11:27 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Enjoy fitting in driver's seat. At 6'4"+ I can still wear my hat. Great road visibility. Great to sit high - makes for easier in and out. With driver's seat back, there is still room in the back for long legs.