2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
99,300 miles so far
By pndcke on 10/28/12 14:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Car is getting hard to find, best kept secret, space, mileage, and seats you can actually get off of after a 16 hour trip with no pains or stiffness! Space for shopping and luggage! Black leather interior and surfaces looks as new!

Good Investment
By CB on 10/06/09 09:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car 2 years ago. Had no problems. Looks great (black with black leather interior) Fully loaded.

Ford forever
By evelyn on 02/17/09 19:01 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my vehicle brand new in 2006. She has (I call her a she) 22 inch tires and very shiny rims, tinted windows, charcoal grey. She gets plenty of compliments and plenty of heads that turn. I have not had any problems with my Ford Five hundred. She is very reliable, large interior, and great on gas. I feel honored to have purchased this vehicle in 2006 since 2007 was the last year they were made and changed to the name Taurus.

Very disappointed
By JAKE on 04/13/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Ford 500 limited because I liked the roomy interior and gas mileage. The safety features were a plus also. I have always bought Ford trucks and am a loyal customer. This was my 1st Ford car. I have had so many problems with this car I will never by a Ford again. The car has been in the shop 18 times. The dash bubbled the brakes the strut bushings the air cond. The rear bumper cover rust under the hood too many to list all. Strange noises that Ford can't fix or explain. I even tried sueing Ford under lemon law but Texas lemon law states too many miles on the car between repair intervals disqaulify my case. I'm still having problems but can't trade because of to much neg. Equity $8,000

Fix the bugs
By Johnnyrama on 09/30/07 01:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I really like my Ford 500 limited. I enjoy the way you sit up high with a good view. Its a big roomy, safe feeling car, with a massive trunk. I've had mine in the shop for repairs several times over the rear brakes. They had to be replaced at 20,000 miles the 1'st time, and they are still noisy, like metal to metal at times.Ive had the motor in the drivers side electric window replaced, the dash compartment lid got bubbles in it and had to be replaced, my seat heater for drivers seat had to be replaced, Ive had the trunk looked at( hard to open), and now my radio, CD, clock, is not working, back to the shop.

Not happy with Ford 500
By Betsy on 09/08/07 10:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Ford 500 1 year ago. I have had several problems...all which have been covered by warranties. My biggest complaint is with the brakes. I have had the pads replaced as often as I have had the oil changed, no joke. Also the rotars have been deglazed twice and turned once. Also there is a lot of road and engine noise while driving. I also had to replace the tires at 15k miles. Nothing lasts long on this car!!!

By gary maddox on 04/05/07 17:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The car isn't designed for tall people to drive. Can't tilt the steering wheel to see fuel, temp. gauges. Not good tilt system. Not enough leg room. When seat is all the way back arms are extended so far you're tired when you drive very long. The car wanders. Trunk is too heavy, hard to open. Hood has prop. Trunk light isn't located good and times off to soon.

If The Car Fits, Wear It
By Slider7 on 04/04/07 18:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine last July. I have just over 9,000 miles now and it has never been back to any dealership. Two synthetic oil changes and one air filter. Most comfortable and reliable. The only reasons I'd buy new!

Family Car
By Engineer on 03/16/07 18:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Limited is comfortable and economical. I am not one for all the hype about more power. There is enough power for sensible driving in my situation. On two long trips, 2900 miles for 2 persons and 850 miles for 4 persons through Texas and the central Mid West, the transmission did downshift when using cruise on the rolling hills. The first time it downshifted two gears at 80 mph (2200 rpm to almost 4000 rpm) surprised me. We were all comfortable during these trips. We bought this car to get away from using a large SUV as our primary car. With the rolling hills and a heavy load with air on we get about 26 mpg on the highway, on level ground and normal load it is near the 29 mark.

mpg over rated in 500
By Jim on 01/20/07 06:42 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2006 500 Limited. My shock was that it averages 5 mpg less than the sticker. Instead of getting 29 highway I am getting 24.5 mpg and I am only getting 18 in city. This is based upon the onboard computer. Each of my former vehicles my mpg matched the highway mileage for performance. Same roads - what a disappointment! Radio is cheap, too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.