Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

99,300 miles so far
By pndcke

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Car is getting hard to find, best kept secret, space, mileage, and seats you can actually get off of after a 16 hour trip with no pains or stiffness! Space for shopping and luggage! Black leather interior and surfaces looks as new!

Favorite Features

Space! Mileage! In 100,000 miles I replaced the original tires with Michelin Hydroedge, 1 a/c compressor and top engine mount and about 87,000 miles, replaced rear brakes with new rotors and ceramic pads, no mess! K&N Air Filter and Pennzoil Platinum 5w/20 since 3000 miles. Buy the 6speed auto FWD not the cvt trans nor AWD. The car averages 26.9 MPG with 33.5 on level highway 65MPH and 37psi in the tires, cruise on.

Suggested Improvements

Buy another and put it in storage for future replacement.

Good Investment
By CB

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car 2 years ago. Had no problems. Looks great (black with black leather interior) Fully loaded.

Favorite Features

Luxury look for midsize price. Navigation system, high seats, roomy interior seating and huge trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

AC is set as the default for heat - should be the other way around. Better gas mileage and break system. Very poor stereo system. My grandson's radio speakers have better quality.

Ford forever
By evelyn

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my vehicle brand new in 2006. She has (I call her a she) 22 inch tires and very shiny rims, tinted windows, charcoal grey. She gets plenty of compliments and plenty of heads that turn. I have not had any problems with my Ford Five hundred. She is very reliable, large interior, and great on gas. I feel honored to have purchased this vehicle in 2006 since 2007 was the last year they were made and changed to the name Taurus.

Very disappointed
By JAKE

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Ford 500 limited because I liked the roomy interior and gas mileage. The safety features were a plus also. I have always bought Ford trucks and am a loyal customer. This was my 1st Ford car. I have had so many problems with this car I will never by a Ford again. The car has been in the shop 18 times. The dash bubbled the brakes the strut bushings the air cond. The rear bumper cover rust under the hood too many to list all. Strange noises that Ford can't fix or explain. I even tried sueing Ford under lemon law but Texas lemon law states too many miles on the car between repair intervals disqaulify my case. I'm still having problems but can't trade because of to much neg. Equity $8,000

Favorite Features

I like the room and safety features. Good gas mileage 22to29

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power. Qaulity reliablity trade in value is terrible. Ford will not stand behind product. It doesn't matter I will never buy a Ford again. This car was my 7th new Ford. I was treated so badly by Ford on this car. Never again

Fix the bugs
By Johnnyrama

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I really like my Ford 500 limited. I enjoy the way you sit up high with a good view. Its a big roomy, safe feeling car, with a massive trunk. I've had mine in the shop for repairs several times over the rear brakes. They had to be replaced at 20,000 miles the 1'st time, and they are still noisy, like metal to metal at times.Ive had the motor in the drivers side electric window replaced, the dash compartment lid got bubbles in it and had to be replaced, my seat heater for drivers seat had to be replaced, Ive had the trunk looked at( hard to open), and now my radio, CD, clock, is not working, back to the shop.

Favorite Features

You sit up high with a good view of the road. Safe feeling car. Very roomy interior. Huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the bugs! Fix the brakes! No way rear brakes should have to be replaced at 20,000 miles. And mine are still noisy. Like a metal to metal sound, grinding metal, not good on a new car. Talk about a head turner, have someone look at you in a new car when they hear that sound.