2006 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
2006 Ford 500 SE CVT Tranny
By mts35 on 10/25/13 07:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Just a quick review due to character space. The car has been very reliable. No transmission issues (CVT does not shift like the 6 speed. I feel others who voice transmission problems actually have the 6 speed as you do not notice gear shifting in a CVT, it is constant and smooth). Bought with 62k miles and presently I have 128k miles and only work needed was a brake change. Now to capture reasons on car rating. Performance: slow and mild engine. 203hp is a little weak for this size car. Comfort, design, quality I put 4 as they are nice. Reliability excellent as I've had no issues. Value poor. Typical of american cars with high mileage.

Transmission Failure
By Dora Sweigart on 08/24/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

With 68,000 miles, the transmission went out. The cost to repair was $4,200. Now the air conditioning is going out. I will not buy another Ford product.

FANTASTIC CAR,LUV IT!!!
By veronica taylor on 05/10/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first luxury vehicle,my mother absolutely loves to ride in my car, even though she owns a NEW TOYOTA. THE RIDE IS SMOOTH, when I drive my car I feel like I am driving an SUV.

Such a pretty car!
By Lucia on 09/21/08 23:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

When I first spotted this car I thought it was a Mercedes with its overall good looks of distinction. I instantly fell in love after looking at so many cars. It drives like a Cadillac with a smooth ride and the extra room inside is reminiscent of the big cars of yesteryear. My husband who is an auto mechanic swore he would never own a Ford, but was highly impressed with this car. He says the only down side is the engine is too small for such a large car. He's into speed while I'll take comfort and smoothness of ride any day.

Goodbye Ford
By Jeevis on 06/21/08 20:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought new...start of a nightmare! Motor has been ticking since 500 miles. Ford retorqued and adjusted arojund the camshaft twice-no improvement! Dealer is stumped! Constant brake problems (car has only 20000 miles now). Steering stops have to constantly be "re-set and re-greased" because of noises when steering. AC would not turn off at one point-fixed now. AC doors were striking something and made knocking noises whenever AC was turned on/off-now fixed. Still some odd sounds under dash (like water running) and A/C panel-again Ford is stumped! Dealer blames Ford; Ford blames dealer. This loyal customer will take his loyalty to Toyota/Honda-never to return to Ford again!

Best Yet
By Ed Wood on 06/20/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am a life long Crown Vic owner. I rented a 500 for a trip up the west coast. I was hooked and bought one the next week. I drive this car over 1000 miles a week and I have had no issues with it. I feel very safe when driving. I like the visibility and high seating (6'3") - As a replacement for all you Crown Vic owners - Give it a test drive. I'm glad I did.

Safest Car in America
By TERRYP on 08/03/07 21:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've driven this car for 1 year and currently have no issues. This is one solidly built automobile. I've studied the crash test data and I wasn't disappointed - 4 out of 5 tests it achieved the 5 star rating. (The 4 star rating was for rollover prevention - an issue that was corrected for 2008.) More than anything else - it is very comfortable to drive or ride in. Passengers in the back seat are surprised by the amount of leg room. When this lease is up I'm buying a Taurus.

Poor Quality. Nothing but troubles
By Paul on 07/16/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Buy a Toyota or Nissan or Honda. This car is the worst. I have had nothing but troubles with it. I have had it in the shop at least 6 times in 11 months. Bad rotors, replaced rotors, ground rotors, air conditioning problem, brake out at 30K, loudest car ever. Save your money and buy Japanese. I just bought a Maxima and love it. Soon I will get rid of Ford forever.

Still Not Up To Par Vs. Japanese
By Freeagent35 on 05/26/07 06:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is a fleet vehicle supplied by my company. I drive it regularly, a mix of highway and city miles. Though a definite improvement from the Taurus, still not up to the level of quality of the better Japanese cars. Examples: (1) Hood has to be slammed to close. Don't have to do this if build quality and clearance is correct, but I have to slam the hood hard or it won't latch. Unacceptable. (2) Grinding and creaking noises in steering/suspension. This began shortly after purchase, in cold temps. Now happens regularly. I'm sick of buying imports but will have to until Detroit makes quality their number one goal. I likely would not buy one; if so, only if it was really cheap.

Lots of room, but electrical problems
By ebutterfly on 03/05/07 06:59 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car has lots of room and great to have with 2 kids. The problems that we have had though is that they have already had to replace the radio. It would just go out and have no sound with it. Now we are having problems with the windows not working. I don't know if we just got a lemon or if this is a manufacturing problem. If the windows are working, I love this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.