2005 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Review: transmission problems

2005 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic)

transmission problems
By meetball1 on

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 07 FFH SEL in April of 2012 with 33,000mi on it, and I have noticed that the tranni slips when I accelerate from a complete stop, or from 1-2mph. But not all the time. Most of the time it's a nice ride. I have to treat her like a baby. And now at 54,000mi they are telling me I need to replace the brakes. I just got this car less than a year ago! I had to sell my F150, because someone hit me from behind and sheered back the steal back bumper. So I got rid of it . But it was a beautiful truck, except I had to replace the transmission at around 95,000-98,000mi. on that one. I have read that ford overall has had tranni problems though. I should have known to check the FH.

It's an amazingly comfortable ride with more amazing leg room in both front and back. My friends and family had commented that it felt like they were riding in the "presidents" car. lol. I have added a few cosmetic extra's to the exterior that I liked and it looks great. And the color is a nice neutral color, sort of an aqua green color, that looks good with the chrome highlights I've added to it. It's the perfect poor man's luxury car.....

Ford could stand to improve on their transmissions overall. But I think the ford five hundred is perfect except for the brakes and transmission problems. Also, I would like to see better speakers. Ford five hundred has a nice little stereo, but the speakers can't seem to handle the output. If they ever bring back the five hundred with those few improvements, I would love to trade this one for a new one. I'm sticking with ford though.