GREAT Car ... either for the price or even more
By abacuses on
2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I hit 110,000 this week and figured I would sing some praises after reading some of the other issues. 1st, the "downside." This car goes through the brakes. My dealer said that Volvo's are known for their safety; with that comes hard wear on the brake pads. Yes, this has the Volvo engine in it. I'm on my 5th set of pads and 2nd set of rotors. I started noticing a little bucking in drive-thru line s and traffic jams ... always when the AC is on. Otherwise, no issues whatsoever and this has been my favorite car ever. I'm not a fan of the new Taurus, but I do love the Ford Edge. I continue to have great experiences with my Fords ... TAKE CARE OF THEM and they will do the same for you too.
Favorite Features
Roomy interior, nice gas mileage, low service costs, HUGE trunk and lots of legroom in the back seat.
Suggested Improvements
AC could use a bit more power behind it. Takes a while to cool off. The acceleration in first gear is lacking but great for passing. Brakes hard and wears out the pads, but that's a small price for excellent brakes.