Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

we love this car
By Bud

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our first trip was 350 miles and gas mileage was 25.5 city and highway. Ride is great, and we both love the memory seats and setting up high. This car has all the bells and whistles of a more expensive car. We came out of a 2003 Crown Vic, and we would never go back. I love the handling and ride. My first V6, and it has all the power we need.

Favorite Features

Handling, steering wheel controls, ride, just what people in their late sixties need.

Suggested Improvements

Reflection from the front window on the upper dash in the sunlight is distracting, inside front door handles are a little hard to get used to.

cool dad
By John Ronnebaum

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I both love this vehicle. We first were looking at trucks and they had a Five Hundred in stock. We test drove it and fell in love with the comfort, the horsepower and the room it has. It has more leg room than our Windstar. Our three kids would rather ride in the car than the van. As far as power I wouldn't want to get on it on gravel. Luxury without the price. We have over 11,000 miles on ours; no complaints at all.

Favorite Features

The steering wheel radio controls and the info center are great. I like the leather and fold down seats and heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

Great Car and Great Value!
By Maude

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Ford 500 provides a wonderful driving experience -- with no nonsense, no hassle performance and agility. It's surprisingly comfortable, is peppy and is just the right size. The roomy interior as well as the trunk space is a surprise and a delight. Forget what the reviewers say about the exterior styling. If may not be "flashy" but it made a splash with me (and my wallet!).

Favorite Features

BIG trunk; great visibility; love those big, solid windshield wipers! LOL. Side, front and curtain airbags are a big big "plus." Unbeatable PRICE, pound for pound.

Great Car, Great Value
By angelC

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to treat this car with kid gloves. However driving in the DFW metroplex in rush hour traffic doesn't allow for such. She's handled everything with grace, style, speed, and accurate performance. The additional driving height gives me a much better view of traffic in front of me even if it's a tall vehicle such as an SUV or pickup. The steering wheel mounted controls were 2nd nature after just a couple of hours. Unlike some of the competitive vehicles I can easily see out the rear window for going in reverse. The A/C system cools down the car fast and keeps it cool. Corners great. Accelerates smoothly. Comfortable seats front and back. Conveniently located cup holders. Love everything.

Favorite Features

Huge trunk. Interior room. Seat height. Wheel mounted controls. Digital display. Analog clock. Safety features & rating. Leather interior. Comfy seats. Moonroof. Chrome & faux wood. MP3 player. HomeLink. Access keypad. Alarm. Night illumination. Dash storage. Memory settings. 60/40 fold backseat.

Suggested Improvements

No dealer decals allowed. Only dealer plate frames. Glove box could be bigger. Locking glove box and fuel tank. Can always use better fuel efficiency. Back windows that go all the way down. Daytime running lights.

Ok, my turn
By Richard C

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I'm constantly receiving compliments on my 500's sophisticated styling and classic/ traditional look. I like the 500 best in black, with the black interior. It feels just as cozy and comfortable as other luxury cars that I have been in. The ride is almost butter smooth on the freeway. I've often found myself cruising at 80 mph, and didn't know i was driving that fast. It really is a tremendous value, because a top-of the line 500 runs thousands less than its comparably equipped competition cars.

Favorite Features

Amount of storage space is just right, and the huge trunk. How smooth the car drives/ rides. Not sure if its me or the car (or both) but it glides in and out of highway traffic with ease. Tranny could kick down a little sooner, but it's still adequate

Suggested Improvements

More engine power. Better stereo system, and a deck that doesn't take forever to load/eject a CD. Choice of lower gears, or manu-matic option for the tranny, for an additional fun-factor; it hesitates at times, but 90% of the time is in the right gear.