2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Where's the beef?
By CJ on 08/14/06 07:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great all around car, especially for the family. Comfort is more than adequate, trunk is huge and styling is nice. Horribly underpowered and the standard (SEL) sound system stinks. If I had it to do over again, I'd look at Nissan Maxima or Volvo S80.

Fortunate 500 Owner!
By Fortunate 500 Owner on 08/11/06 20:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

If there's a heaven on earth, you'll feel like you're in it when driving this car. Luxurious...every comfort I every wanted and some I didn't know existed (power brake pedals, height adjustable, speed sensitive volume - who knew!). I love this car and everyone asks me, what kind of car is this? Very nice and worth more than the price...but don't tell Ford that!

Love my 500
By Joe on 07/30/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I drive 100 miles a day to and from work and cannot say enough good things about this car. It rides great. The continuously variable transmission is very smooth. There is enough room for 4 adults to sit comfortably. The stereo system is awesome. My co-workers are always commenting on what an impressive car this is. The Limited edition has all the bells and whistles you'll ever need. Most of all, the five star safety rating provides ease of mind you're looking for when hauling the kids around.

A good family car.
By joe on 07/28/06 23:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The car drives very well. I have 3 kids and they have enough room for long trips. The trunk is big. In the snow it did very well. I do have two things I do not like. It lacks power and my dash has a bump in it that Ford says it can't fix. The bump showed up within 4000 miles.

Middle age
By Jim on 07/27/06 08:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Very comfortable. Very roomy but does not stand out in a crowd. Like the AWD and CV transmission.

Extreme Commuter
By psychchaplain on 07/09/06 11:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I run this sedan back and forth between Northern Alabama and Northern New Jersey several times each month... that's a 12 hour drive. At 75-80 mph it runs at 28 mpg. The seats are both firm and comfortable. The trunk is huge. Dealers in Alabama and New Jersey have been great about service. At 50k miles, I have had absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

Excellent car as a used purchase
By Mike on 06/20/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought the car used with 15,000km on the clock. Bought it for the safety, space, comfort and reasonable economy. Learned later it's not so safe on side impacts without the side airbags, which contradicts the brochure. Took a short road trip and found it very comfortable, with good economy of 8.2L/100km. It looks sharp and the interior is nicely laid out. It's very comfortable with lots of room. Relaxing and easy to drive around the city when driven at a reasonable pace due to the 6 speed. Good turning circle and steering weight is spot on. The heating controls are a tad low though and fiddly to use when driving. Compartment lid bubbling on dash as per TSB. Handles like a smaller car.

Great Family Car
By Robert Emslie on 06/12/06 11:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Many reviews have dunned the 500 for the Euro-styling and adequate power. What few mention is the largest in U.S. trunk and excellent fuel economy. The 21 cubic foot trunk shames the Avalon with only 14 and the ability to get 25MPG real-world on regular grade gasoline keeps me glad I made the purchase. On the down side, I wish the nav system had been available in '05 and there is a bit of wind noise around the A-pillars.

500th Heaven
By Fivehunluvr on 05/07/06 20:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased this car as upgrade from '04 Honda Accord. Enamored with build quality, ride, handling, space. Ford did a GREAT job on this one! Only problem thus far is a peeling dash storage door, which is covered under warranty. Sound system is okay, but easily upgradeable and navigation is an option now available at the dealer. All in all, great car.

Louisiana Highway 1 rating
By Penney McCabe on 04/29/06 10:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Ford Five Hundred drives and feels like a European car. We bought it because the frame is higher than most American cars, making it easier for my disabled husband to get in and out. The gas mileage is sufficient to keep me satisfied. Since most of my driving is around town, trips of one mile or less, the mileage has never reached the advertised mark, but I understand why this is and am not dissatisfied with it. Having owned the car one year, I can state that we haven't found the first thing wrong with it. This is the first auto we have ever been able to make this statement about.