Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Personal Experience
By Mitchell

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased for wife new. Car is underpowered, power steering is unsually stiff. I drove others and the steering is the same, stiff. Takes more effort to turn. Transmission went out at 37000 miles, heated seats stopped working twice shortly after purchase, repaired under warranty. Stopped working again past warranty, still don't work. Front wheel bearing went out at 39000, air conditioner quit at 71000, rear brakes and rotors replaced under recall, engine extremely noisy when down shifting/acelerating to pass on highway. Also had to replace bulbs in front fog lamps and rear tail lights.

Plenty of room in back seat and rear seat cup holder. Excellent gas mileage if you use cruise control. Trunk is extremely roomy.

Rear windows should go all the way down into door, not half way. Bigger and more responsive engine as well as power steering should not require as much effort.I personally dislike driving this car because of the engine and power steering effort. I prefer to ride in the backwhile my wife drives

Replacement vehicle
By ajw79097

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Before purchasing this vehicle, we owned an '01 Mercury Sable LS Premium sedan. My Sable was a great car and had all the amenities for someone new the owning a sedan. My Sable was starting to act its age (it had 107,000 miles on it at trade-in), so it was time to find a suitable replacement. We bought the 500 used, but it definitely didn't look to be used. The previous owner this vehicle very well and it seems practically new. Even though I've only had it less than a week, and I do miss my Sable, this is a more than suitable replacement. It offers plenty of room for all us (I have a toddler with a large car seat), handles well and is just a great overall car.

Dual climate control, power moonroof, memeory seats, contorls on the steering wheel, large trunk.

None

Love my Five Hundred!
By MG

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I love my Five Hundred. I bought it used at a rent a car place with approx 20000 miles. I now have 32000 on it and it's at the Ford shop waiting for a new engine. Thankfully Ford honored my warranty since I had records of oil changes. Who knows why the engine went bad. Probably someone drove it like a rental.

Gas mileage around my town is 22MPG. Comfortable and nice to drive. Love the design!

I'm personally not thrilled with the placement of the AC vents. I want the air to hit my face while driving and not my hands.

Love My Ford 500!
By A. Staley

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've always driven Fords but this is the best one yet! I purchased my Ford 500 last summer and I love it. It has great style and comfort. It has lots of power and is fun to drive. I get a lot of compliments on it. I recommend it to anyone who wants lots of room and a great ride with style. Gets decent gas mileage 19 to 21 mpg in city and 27 to 29 on highway.

Love the room, in dash multi cd player, dual temp control and heated seats.

Great looking at great value
By Ocean

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent looking and handling ride at a terrific value. Lots of extras for the money. A few minor design issues will be worked out with subsequent year models or in the Taurus. The car's size and executive design made it very comfortable and it had a cavernous trunk. Despite its size, it handled like a much smaller car with tight handling and confident handling, great suspension and grip, while having just enough power to have some fun. The economy wasn't bad. I would like to see the rear fender redesigned so not to catch stones with it's leading edge. Else, it's a great all around ride. I'll miss it.

Executive looking exterior and elegant well-equiped interior.

The brake rotors are suseptible to bad warping. They should be much tougher. Redesign the rear fender so the leading edge doesn't get chipped from catching normal road debris, sand, and stones.