Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Replacement vehicle
By ajw79097

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Before purchasing this vehicle, we owned an '01 Mercury Sable LS Premium sedan. My Sable was a great car and had all the amenities for someone new the owning a sedan. My Sable was starting to act its age (it had 107,000 miles on it at trade-in), so it was time to find a suitable replacement. We bought the 500 used, but it definitely didn't look to be used. The previous owner this vehicle very well and it seems practically new. Even though I've only had it less than a week, and I do miss my Sable, this is a more than suitable replacement. It offers plenty of room for all us (I have a toddler with a large car seat), handles well and is just a great overall car.

Favorite Features

Dual climate control, power moonroof, memeory seats, contorls on the steering wheel, large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

None

Love my Five Hundred!
By MG

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I love my Five Hundred. I bought it used at a rent a car place with approx 20000 miles. I now have 32000 on it and it's at the Ford shop waiting for a new engine. Thankfully Ford honored my warranty since I had records of oil changes. Who knows why the engine went bad. Probably someone drove it like a rental.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage around my town is 22MPG. Comfortable and nice to drive. Love the design!

Suggested Improvements

I'm personally not thrilled with the placement of the AC vents. I want the air to hit my face while driving and not my hands.

Love My Ford 500!
By A. Staley

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've always driven Fords but this is the best one yet! I purchased my Ford 500 last summer and I love it. It has great style and comfort. It has lots of power and is fun to drive. I get a lot of compliments on it. I recommend it to anyone who wants lots of room and a great ride with style. Gets decent gas mileage 19 to 21 mpg in city and 27 to 29 on highway.

Favorite Features

Love the room, in dash multi cd player, dual temp control and heated seats.

Great looking at great value
By Ocean

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent looking and handling ride at a terrific value. Lots of extras for the money. A few minor design issues will be worked out with subsequent year models or in the Taurus. The car's size and executive design made it very comfortable and it had a cavernous trunk. Despite its size, it handled like a much smaller car with tight handling and confident handling, great suspension and grip, while having just enough power to have some fun. The economy wasn't bad. I would like to see the rear fender redesigned so not to catch stones with it's leading edge. Else, it's a great all around ride. I'll miss it.

Favorite Features

Executive looking exterior and elegant well-equiped interior.

Suggested Improvements

The brake rotors are suseptible to bad warping. They should be much tougher. Redesign the rear fender so the leading edge doesn't get chipped from catching normal road debris, sand, and stones.

Running Stong
By Jacob

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am so glad I decided to by my Five Hundred. It has been the perfect car for me. After 65,000 miles it is still running strong with no mechanical problems whats so ever. Nothing has gone wrong and I'm now glad I didn't get the exteneded warranty. I consistantly get 22-24 mpg and the awd not only saved me this winter but got me out of the mud at a concert when a bunch of other sedans got stuck in a muddy field! I have every intention of running this vehicle until it rolls over and dies, but it's going to be a long time from now.

Favorite Features

AWD goes without saying, but the 20 gallon gas tank has been extremly convienant. I generally go about 425 miles between fill ups.

Suggested Improvements

Ford should offer options outside of the package. I would haved loved a sunroof but didn't want the SEL package.