Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews - 313 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Great Replacement
By Amy W

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought his car to replace my '01 Mercury Sable LS Premium and have not been let down yet. It is far roomier and the trunk space is amazing! I have a 2 year old and can easily fit 2 strollers, high chair and our bags in the trunk when we visit my parents. It has all the amenities the Sable had, plus a few extras such as the in-dash CD changer, dual climate control and heated seats (just to name a few). This is a great family car and I would eagerly recommend one to anybody who asked.

Dual climate control, reverse sensing system, sun/moon roof, message center

Larger engine for more get up & go, but from my understanding newer models now have this. The engine in adequate and this is a family sedan, so race-car power is not expected.

Personal Experience
By Mitchell

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased for wife new. Car is underpowered, power steering is unsually stiff. I drove others and the steering is the same, stiff. Takes more effort to turn. Transmission went out at 37000 miles, heated seats stopped working twice shortly after purchase, repaired under warranty. Stopped working again past warranty, still don't work. Front wheel bearing went out at 39000, air conditioner quit at 71000, rear brakes and rotors replaced under recall, engine extremely noisy when down shifting/acelerating to pass on highway. Also had to replace bulbs in front fog lamps and rear tail lights.

Plenty of room in back seat and rear seat cup holder. Excellent gas mileage if you use cruise control. Trunk is extremely roomy.

Rear windows should go all the way down into door, not half way. Bigger and more responsive engine as well as power steering should not require as much effort.I personally dislike driving this car because of the engine and power steering effort. I prefer to ride in the backwhile my wife drives

Replacement vehicle
By ajw79097

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Before purchasing this vehicle, we owned an '01 Mercury Sable LS Premium sedan. My Sable was a great car and had all the amenities for someone new the owning a sedan. My Sable was starting to act its age (it had 107,000 miles on it at trade-in), so it was time to find a suitable replacement. We bought the 500 used, but it definitely didn't look to be used. The previous owner this vehicle very well and it seems practically new. Even though I've only had it less than a week, and I do miss my Sable, this is a more than suitable replacement. It offers plenty of room for all us (I have a toddler with a large car seat), handles well and is just a great overall car.

Dual climate control, power moonroof, memeory seats, contorls on the steering wheel, large trunk.

None

Love my Five Hundred!
By MG

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I love my Five Hundred. I bought it used at a rent a car place with approx 20000 miles. I now have 32000 on it and it's at the Ford shop waiting for a new engine. Thankfully Ford honored my warranty since I had records of oil changes. Who knows why the engine went bad. Probably someone drove it like a rental.

Gas mileage around my town is 22MPG. Comfortable and nice to drive. Love the design!

I'm personally not thrilled with the placement of the AC vents. I want the air to hit my face while driving and not my hands.

Love My Ford 500!
By A. Staley

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've always driven Fords but this is the best one yet! I purchased my Ford 500 last summer and I love it. It has great style and comfort. It has lots of power and is fun to drive. I get a lot of compliments on it. I recommend it to anyone who wants lots of room and a great ride with style. Gets decent gas mileage 19 to 21 mpg in city and 27 to 29 on highway.

Love the room, in dash multi cd player, dual temp control and heated seats.