2005 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
ISSUES WITH FIVE HUNDRED
By mdarnell on 11/28/06 09:15 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle has been in the shop for the following to be replaced and Ford will not buy it back: amp-replaced 3 times, speaker-replaced 2 times, cd-replaced 3 times, bubbling dash-5 times. This vehicle still makes a roaring noise and every electrical noise comes through the speakers. When it is very hot or extremely cold as well as after it rains in when this noise comes up. It is so loud you have to turn the radio or ignition off. We have arbitrated and they refused to still take it back. It is going back in the shop Thursday AGAIN for them to tell us they don't know what else to do. Just want to warn those of you out there.

Continuing Brake Problems
By Bill on 11/24/06 06:14 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Enjoy the space and comfort but the brakes have been replaced twice, even though the I have had the car for 21 months and it has only 11,400 miles as of 11/24/06. The dealer tells me it is a continuing problem on the Five Hundred and Freestyle, which apparently has the same braking system. The computer system failed at 5000 miles and had to be towed in to have the software downloaded again. I have also had an annoying squeak in the rear suspension system since I bought it and the dealer hasn't been able to fix it for more than a few days at a time. The repair record always reflects "packed with grease".

Great Value
By D Dixon on 11/16/06 13:31 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Have had this car for over a year now. Find it to be very comfortable and easy to drive. I get the low end for mileage, but it really does great on the highway. You can carry people in the back with great comfort and room. One problem fixed under warranty and the two safety recalls.

Best Choice I ever made.
By alspall on 10/20/06 19:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am 6'2" and tried to look for a comfortable car. I was not disappointed. Plenty of leg, head, and shoulder room. Two kids are not crunched up in the rear. Plenty of trunk room. Very low level of outside noise. Very relaxed drive. No problems of any kind. Looks good, feels good. Gas mileage is good 19.5 city, 28 highway.

Good, solid car
By Paul on 10/18/06 19:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I put a lot of highway miles on a car, over 40k per year. I now have over 85k on my 500 and it's not even 2 years old yet. It has been a good, solid car. No major repairs to date. The brakes are just now starting to wear. Only problem has been sealant around windshield (had to replace), and the power lock sticking on one of the rear doors. As for the horsepower issue, I find that the car gives me what I need when I want it. You won't beat anyone off the line, but its power on the interstate will surprise you. Also, the handling is great. Love the visibility and ease of controls, especially on the steering wheel.

GRAY HAIR/BIG CAR
By tom on 10/07/06 05:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I like my 500 but it is definitely underpowered...not sure if the CVT is the culprit for the lack of power. I would like to see an SRT version of the 500 for us Boomer's that like to be respectable, comfortable, and civilized but want the "extra" under the hood that we can set free on those all too rare occasions.

This car is GREAT!
By Cottino on 09/19/06 16:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have had this car for 1 year now and I love it more than any other car I have owned previously.

LOVE MY NEW AUTO
By J Tudor on 08/27/06 14:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I like everything about the auto. It is the first new car I've ever owned. When I took my test drive it was like a good fitting coat. It felt good.

Ford Trouble
By MrPNS on 08/17/06 15:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Now have 24000 miles on car. Front suspension fixed 3 time with no permanent repair in sight. Rear suspension replaced. Air conditioner fixed but auto heat /air does not work properly and is a continual annoyance.This is a good example of why Ford is in trouble. There is a TSB on the front and rear suspension.

very satisfied
By jose cardenas on 08/16/06 20:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

i travel to work in my car every day and it feels good to drive very smooth and handles great from me; no complaints, just needs more body side molding for other careless drivers out there. It feels like a luxury sedan. The engine has a lot of power, very nice sedan.