2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Easily most comfy car I've ever driven..
By Larry on 10/11/07 01:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've bought a few new cars in my life, but buying this 2005 Ford 500 in 2007 may be my best car purchase ever. Has a nicer, more comfy car ever been built? I say, "no."

LACKS POWER
By STANNY on 09/09/07 20:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The car seems to have a hugh hesitation when weather is warm or cold and a lot of pull on the motor. It seems to have no 0-30mph get up and go.

Best car we have ever owned.
By The Bunch's on 08/16/07 15:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Our first experience was a trip to Houston, got a rental car,a brand new 2005 Ford 500 which we have never heard of. We drove it over 400 miles in a few days and was very excited about the smoothest of ride and the space we had (a daughter-in-law and her two kids, my wife and I) all fit extremely well in this car. First time we have had that since one of my old 60's or 70's cars. We owned a 2002 Taurus SEL at the time. After we got home and had about a month to think about it, we decided we just had to have that car, so we went to see our friend at the dealership to make us a deal. We wanted exactly the same care we had rented. Extremely pleased.

Pepe1
By Pepe on 07/11/07 09:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car for the leg room in the front and back seat area. Also for the trunk space. I realy liked the way the car looks and drives. I average 32 miles to the gallon with this car on the highway and about 22 in the city. I do a lot of road traveling and this car has never let me down for room, comfort and gas mileage. I true love this car.

Ford 500 SE
By UMASS93 on 07/09/07 07:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Third Ford that I have owned - step up from the Taurus. Now Ford plans to name this the Taurus due to lack of name recognition for 2008. Best car to have if you have a family. Higher off the ground that most sedans and consistently rates as one of the safest vehicles in a front and side collison. Gas mileage is acceptable, I have over 80,000 miles on my 2005. Live in MD and work in PA - 75 miles one way - average 28 mpg highway - have to love cruise control.

So far so good
By hexanero on 07/02/07 07:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car handles perfectly. Steering is extremely responsive for a larger car. Interior room in enormous. You can probably stick a smaller car in the trunk. The 6 speed provideds a very smooth shift. The brakes are pretty good. Overall the car is really quiet, it's safe, and it fun to drive. The larger style mirrors provide excellent visibility. I would def purchase again.

Ready for an '08
By J Jennings on 06/15/07 18:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this car one day and put 1500 miles on it starting the next day. Handled great in all types of terrain. Mountains of N.Y. and New England, and interstate highways. Since purchase it has been in the shop for bubble in dash storage, one recall, and all 4 wheel covers replaced for peeling clear coat. All replaced under warranty. 30,000 miles the rear brakes were worn out but front were fine. Nothing major that would stop me from purchasing another 500. Gas mileage, comfort, and style all great. AWD only let me get stuck in snow once. Hope Ford keeps building this vehicle.

Love this car!
By Doug on 05/04/07 10:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

In the 30+ years I have owned cars, this is my first Ford and I love it. My 3 middle schoolers have more room in the back seat than Mom's Park Avenue. It handles very well, the CVT transmission is excellent. I am 6'2 and have plenty of room. More ponies would be nice, but it still gets up and goes! We like it so much, we are selling the wifes Buick and will purchase another 500, going with the Limited this time! For the money, it is a wonderful car. It rides well, handles great, lots of room and zooms down the road. I have always owned GM, so this is kind of tough for me!

Best Ford Yet!
By Conneaut Lake on 04/24/07 13:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my Five Hundred since March of 2006 and find it to be one of the best cars I've ever owned. No problems since the day it left the dealership. On the open road I get 28MPG and combined it usually get between 21-25MPG. While the car is a pleasure to drive, I would like to see a little more style to it. Ford has a problem with making all these cars look the same. A good example is the Five Hundred/Taurus will have the same look from the front as the Fusion. With all the stylist Ford has, I would think they could of come with with a different look.

2005 Ford Five Hundred
By A Rudolf on 04/24/07 10:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Raised seating is a plus for entry/exit. Very quiet ride, good controls for radio and info center on the steering wheel. Great passenger comfort. Huge trunk and reasonable gas mileage as advertised.