Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

The Long Haul
By JIM

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We live part time in Pittsburgh PA and winter in Spring Hill FL. The vehicle has been outstanding in ride and fuel economy; 28-30 on the Interstate. The only fault is too much road noise. We can pack it like a pickup due to the large trunk and the fold down seats. We see many other vehicles advertised but there are too many good points in the 500, especially the ability to have good visibility all around. It is an excellent over the road car. I now have 19,300 miles on it and will be taking a trip to Chicago in August, a round trip to Florida in September and a one way to Florida in November. Our '99 Cadillac will be sitting it out.

Favorite Features

Good cruise control, braking is good, and comfortable to drive long distances.

Suggested Improvements

Underpowered at times and need to quiet the road noise.

Fortunate 500 Owner!
By Fortunate 500 Owner

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

If there's a heaven on earth, you'll feel like you're in it when driving this car. Luxurious...every comfort I every wanted and some I didn't know existed (power brake pedals, height adjustable, speed sensitive volume - who knew!). I love this car and everyone asks me, what kind of car is this? Very nice and worth more than the price...but don't tell Ford that!

Favorite Features

Soft leather, huge trunk and cabin, beautiful trim...all kinds of bells and whistles...champagne car for beer money!

Suggested Improvements

What's up with the bubble on the dash...that's the only thing that needs fixing.

Extreme Commuter
By psychchaplain

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I run this sedan back and forth between Northern Alabama and Northern New Jersey several times each month... that's a 12 hour drive. At 75-80 mph it runs at 28 mpg. The seats are both firm and comfortable. The trunk is huge. Dealers in Alabama and New Jersey have been great about service. At 50k miles, I have had absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

Favorite Features

I am a 50 something male of average build. The 500 "fits" me: a comfortable seat and sensible driver controls. Why this should be so hard to find in an automobile is a mystery. I also love the fold down front seat: in combination with the fold down rear seat, I can even carry 12' lumber.

Suggested Improvements

Factory installed satellite radio and GPS would make this a unbeatable road cruiser. I also miss the automatic downshifting of a Chrysler cruise control, but the continuously variable transmission option (my vehicle is 6 speed automatic) might also fit this need.

Great Family Car
By Robert Emslie

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Many reviews have dunned the 500 for the Euro-styling and adequate power. What few mention is the largest in U.S. trunk and excellent fuel economy. The 21 cubic foot trunk shames the Avalon with only 14 and the ability to get 25MPG real-world on regular grade gasoline keeps me glad I made the purchase. On the down side, I wish the nav system had been available in '05 and there is a bit of wind noise around the A-pillars.

Favorite Features

Big trunk, small-car handling, great fuel economy for a big car.

Suggested Improvements

Auto-down for the passenger-side window.

loving it
By dixon

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about this car, the ride, the style and the comfort that it offers. The stares that it gets on the road is an added bonus. The car handles well at any speed and during all weather conditions. This is a luxury car but not at a luxury price. The space that it offers is great as rear seat passengers always enjoy comfort. I find that it is good on gas and that is a plus in this current economy, also great if you have to do a lot of shopping, the trunk is huge!. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior design, the handling of the ride.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more acceleration.