Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Brakes-Brakes-Brakes-Brakes-Brakes
By WV MAN

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just finished putting on the third set of Ford factory rear brake pads and rotors. My car has 81000 miles on it. Something wrong with this picture. It's not the calipers replaced them the second time.

Favorite Features

Lot's of inside room and lot's of trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the brakes. They DO NOT last............

All I expected and more
By Paul

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

So far I am totally satisfied with mileage, comfort and performance. It is not a race car but definitely has enough power to satisfy anyone other than speed buffs. More room inside than most larger cars. Best purchase I have had in a very long time. Can't wait to see how it will be in snow with AWD.

Favorite Features

Visibility with high seating, 6 CD changer and large outside mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

A little more horsepower would satisfy more customers.

I love it!
By AnnaJ

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 500. It feels like a pricey luxury vehicle with all the bells and whistles. 6-disc CD changer, adjustable pedals, leather seats, oh my! I got this baby used and it was still in perfect condition. The performance is slightly lacking but it's not a race car, after all. This car is a beauty and it drives like a charm.

Favorite Features

Big tires, adjustable pedal, steering wheel radio controls.

Suggested Improvements

Little bit more umph! in the gas pedal.

dont get me started
By leofanti

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

for starters i bought this car brand new, and instantly had issues till its demise. i experienced the wonderful brake drag issue, the so called auto up window game (which is awesome in negative temperatures), the battery constantly lost its charge, replace battery, and repeat, ford never figured it out. then one day the a/c stopped. which in arizona summers is not really that neccessary (haha) they threw parts at it until they replaced everything, and then viola, it worked, and they never knew what did it. running synthetic oil only i had the most beautiful tapping sound under the hood, which was a tsb, but for refused to address. out of all the tsb's for the car 2 got fixed.

Favorite Features

the exterior always made people ask, "what is that?", the interior, other than the shotty heated seats, was great, perfect amount of room, front and rear. this carwas loaded with all the bells and whistles. quality was decent, nothing to write home about.

Suggested Improvements

ford customer service was the worse experience i have ever gone through. they were unhelpful and unwilling to help me with my problems. granted i put 55k miles on it in a year, but the thing should hold up. i paid 33k otd.

Terrific Car, Totally Under-rated
By Jay Scovie

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought new in 2006, love it. Am so glad I did not buy another Toyota Avalon, which had expensive 3.0V6 engine problems over and over. Ford was much better bargain in purchase price and maintenance. Now it has 48,000 miles, so far, not one problem. I average 25.2-MPG driving mainly California freeway. Nobody knows what it is. Everywhere I go people comment how cool it looks which is funny, because all the magazine reviewers slammed is "boring" styling. This was a terrific buy I would recommend to anyone.

Favorite Features

Looks, room, MPG