Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Five Hundred

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

This car is a great deal
By BillU

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the car for 6 weeks, 3800 miles. Average 25 mpg with a 60/40 city/highway mix of travel. Acceleration off the line is average, but where the CVT really shines is highway passing-instant torque puts you where you want to be. Car handles high speed very well. Interior nicely fits my 6'3" frame, trunk would bring a smile to a made man's face. Fit and finish very good. Very happy with the purchase, like it better now than when I first drove it.

Clean styling, not faddish. Well done interior layout with good storage features. Room everywhere, comfort for everyone.

Telescopic steering wheel adjustment, better audio controls, power and handling package - I'll buy the new 3.5l as soon as it's available.

I love my car
By oliver feria

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been enjoying the car as much as possible. I feel good in the car because is a smooth drive and also give me style. Very comfortable and even though it doesn't give you the feel of performance car it is very responsive. I can say that the power is there with the acceleration in a smooth way that other don't give you.

The space and the quietness of the interior. It's an awesome ride.

So far none.

Lemon FORD 500
By DR-DALE

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased NEW March 28 2005 and it is now April 12 2006. The car has 4000 miles on it and is sitting unlicensed and unsafe to drive. Entire back end suspension and brakes have been replaced. Some items more than once. Last brake fix turned rotors down to 1/1000 over minimum. Tried to invoke Colorado Lemon Law, but Ford has arbitration clauses which precludes using legal remedy. You must use their designated arbitration service run by Ford Autoline (BBB subsidiary in Washington DC). This process is a sham and I still have the new car sitting unused. Ford Corporate Office tells me they are done fixing this car, which has 4000 miles on it and a 3 year warranty. Ford stonewalls certified letters.

NONE.

Design and build a quality automobile and fix shabby customer service problems.

Transmission and brake pedal problems
By NotAFordFan

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my wife's car, and she is happier than I am. I'm 6'2", 275# and I find the seat lacks back support on long drives. My major problems are the transmission and the brake/gas pedals. We got the 6 speed with FWD for the mileage. I'm used to being able to use engine braking by using a lower gear in my car. This is not an option with the Five Hundred. We had some very hot brakes coming back down from the mountains. With my size 13 feet, I find the pedals too close together both laterally and vertically. With the spongy feel of the brakes, I've found myself pushing down on both pedals at the same time at stop lights. I was thinking about the Freestyle for me, but not with these problems.

Higher seating position making it easier to get in and out. Lots of room in the trunk. It looks like a CAR, not like it came from the Hotwheels design center.

Add another accessible transmission gear to make the brakes last longer. Stiffen the brake pedal response and/or adjust the relative positions of the brake and gas pedals to prevent overlap.

500 is a lot of car for the money
By Jim

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just got my 500 and with all rebates it is a lot of car for the money. The size and ride are great and the fuel cost is the best for a large car. So far my 500 has had no problems.

Size and safety.

Engine options for a larger engine.