2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
It Fits Me Like a Glove
By Saundra W. Rush on 01/28/06 12:30 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Ford 500 Limited handles well in any weather on any surface. I enjoy the size of the car. The trunk has extra space that I need sometimes when traveling. There are so many things about the car that I enjoy. However, the best thing that I can say about it is that it fits me like a glove! The dealership staff was most helpful when I was deciding whether to buy this car. I couldn't have asked for more. The service center has been most helpful with oil changes and other services.

A perfect fit
By Lorraine M. on 01/25/06 15:41 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This was the ideal choice for me, a one car owner. It gives me the style and comfort I want along with large capacity trunk space and room for long items. It works well for me as a good handling and driving machine with a homeowner's cargo hold. I enjoy driving my 500 and it has performed as well as I expected.

Seems like a good car
By SteveS on 01/23/06 07:21 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Traded a Honda Odyssey in for the 500, got all the bells and whistles. Thus far this seems to be a good vehicle; owned Toyota Avalon back in 2000 with their new body style. This car is a better riding more enjoyable car than the Toyota was for me. Gas mileage has been running around 25-26 mpg city and highway; seating is excellent. Just a overall good riding, driving, vehicle ... hope it holds up.

Bad Experience
By John Nichols on 01/12/06 16:57 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Even though I had very good service from my foreign cars, I wanted to give the American cars a chance. I purchased my Ford 500 based on good reviews and after a few weeks I noticed that I was losing several quarts of oil. I have the receipts for the oil. My dealer told me to bring in the vehicle. I did and after several days, a new engine was put in the car. After a few days this engine started giving me problems. I took it in and found that the engine was not put together in correctly. It was repaired in a day. In both cases I had to insist on work order that proved I had a problem with the car. The second time I was told I could not have a work order, so they typed a memo.

My 500
By Clifton Beecher on 12/05/05 11:12 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great car with exceptional comfort and interior space. It has good pickup speed but a little lower than expected. It rates up there with a Cadillac and a Lincoln. It is sporty and classy with a huge trunk space as well. I would buy another in the future. Very happy owner!

Almost bought an Altima
By sal on 10/21/05 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

While on my way to purchase a new Altima, I thought I'd stop by the Ford dealer close by. After one drive sitting higher up off the road I did not even go back to the Nissan dealership. Easy to get in and out of. I've had customers tell me they thought I was driving a Mercedes. While the power is average, in 90%+ of normal driving it is just fine. Averages close to 27 MPG on highway, and the room is GREAT. All in all a car worth the $$.

space space space
By tall driver on 09/08/05 06:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

At 6'5" I can fit into usual competitors (Impala, Charger...), but a full-size person could not fit in the back seat of other cars behind me. Back seat in this car makes you feel you're driving in a limo. Raised seats keep legs/back from cramping during long rides. EXTREMELY comfortable. Only car where I don't feel in a hurry to get out of car. Agile. Acceleration in town good thanks to gearing. You'll hear engine entering freeway, but runs smooth and very quiet at highway speeds (75 mph) allows you to enjoy radio. Wind noise nearly non-existent, road noise reasonable. Suspension/ride perfect -- absorbs bumps well but feels nimble. Friends will want to take your car.

From Navigator to 500
By Sam Hampton on 09/06/05 18:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my Gator to get better gas mileage, lower payment, plenty of room for family trips, safety, style. Just took a trip to NC. The car did great. Power was fine, handling was very good, plenty of room for the family, gas mileage was 29 mpg. Felt very safe and comfortable. Cabin is cavernous. Great visibility.

A winner in the 500
By Ward on 08/09/05 17:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 27th automobile. I have had at least one from each of the Big 3 and many imports from either side of the ponds. This car is the best, hands down that I have ever owned. My gas mileage is a welcome surprise in recent times. 28 mpg average after 14,000 miles is no small feat for a large car.

Love My Limited
By angel carter on 08/06/05 15:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The "Command Seating" and interior room gives me the view and comfort of a much larger sedan. Yet the dimensions, styling and performance handles like a much smaller vehicle. The Homelink visor is convenient. Steering wheel mounted controls became second nature on the first day. No need to take my hands off the wheel to change the radio station or set cruise control. At 5'3" I found with most vehicles I sit too close to the steering wheel for my comfort. This is not a problem in the Five Hundred. That and the adjustable pedals allow me even more room. With the FWD and traction control there was no slippage of wheels in bad weather. That and I love how it's styling turns heads.