Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
I love my car
By oliver feria

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been enjoying the car as much as possible. I feel good in the car because is a smooth drive and also give me style. Very comfortable and even though it doesn't give you the feel of performance car it is very responsive. I can say that the power is there with the acceleration in a smooth way that other don't give you.

Favorite Features

The space and the quietness of the interior. It's an awesome ride.

Suggested Improvements

So far none.

Formal rental purchase
By formal rental

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought car for only 11k and worth every penny. I am sure this car was abused before I bought it and it still holds up very well as my commuter. Its big and brawny like a st bernard but without the teeth. If power and performance is what you are after your a fool to be looking at this car. But if you have a commute and you dont want lower back pain with very respectable freeway mileage this car is a winner. A trunk for the gotti family and a back seat for the prom date of your dreams this big beast is a regular unleaded running winner. Fyi my weekend toy is an 04 E55 thats a big reason I dont look to this car for any performance satisfaction.

Favorite Features

Runs on regular unleaded, freeway mileage is very Accord and Camry like. Comfort surpasses all the competition in price point.

Awesome
By Bigdaddy

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

In looking at the other reviews I must have gotten the best of the bunch. Aside from the initial rear brake problem, this car has been great. The transmission has worked flawlessly and the ride is fantastic. To fix the brake problem I went to my local parts store and purchased another brand of brakes and they have not had to be changed as frequently as before and work great! Can't say enough about the car. I would buy another but not for the $30,000.00+ price tag.

This car is a great deal
By BillU

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the car for 6 weeks, 3800 miles. Average 25 mpg with a 60/40 city/highway mix of travel. Acceleration off the line is average, but where the CVT really shines is highway passing-instant torque puts you where you want to be. Car handles high speed very well. Interior nicely fits my 6'3" frame, trunk would bring a smile to a made man's face. Fit and finish very good. Very happy with the purchase, like it better now than when I first drove it.

Favorite Features

Clean styling, not faddish. Well done interior layout with good storage features. Room everywhere, comfort for everyone.

Suggested Improvements

Telescopic steering wheel adjustment, better audio controls, power and handling package - I'll buy the new 3.5l as soon as it's available.

Pepe1
By Pepe

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car for the leg room in the front and back seat area. Also for the trunk space. I realy liked the way the car looks and drives. I average 32 miles to the gallon with this car on the highway and about 22 in the city. I do a lot of road traveling and this car has never let me down for room, comfort and gas mileage. I true love this car.

Favorite Features

Room, trunk, and seating areas. The comfort of riding in this car is amazing. It is like floating on air.

Suggested Improvements

The center console is somewhat cramped. More room needed in the shifter area. Drink cups too close. Could be hieght seperated.