2005 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
The Ultimate Affordable Sedan
By 500FX on 05/08/05 07:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I ordered this car as a company vehicle, and my first test drive was on the way home from the dealership. I am very impressed with this vehicle. It is well designed, and the fit and finish are excellent. The base SE model is very nicely equipped, and at a very affordable $22K price. I do appreciate the ride height and the ease of entry and exit. The car is very responsive, and the 6 speed transmission provides excellent gearing, combined with more than adequate power. Styling is similar to a $60K sedan, at less than half the price. I believe a Five Hundred belongs in every American driveway. This car has very nice styling and ergonomics. The SE performance with 6 speed is "adequately brisk".

Nice, Big Car
By Michael Bramnik on 04/09/05 11:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

For years I've only been driving SUVs because of my size. I'm 6 ft 7 and not skinny! I tried out the 500 and was amazed that not only did I fit in this sedan, but I was comfortable and normal-human-sized people actually fit behind me too! This car drives like one of my father's neat German sports cars (BMW, Audi) compared to anything I've driven before - it's great!

Good car
By edman76 on 03/21/05 17:43 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great car! Very impressed with Ford. Smooth Ride, enough HP (who needs more? Gas is at an all time high anyways). CVT engine is great for the endurance on the transmission. (I've had Ford before and transmissions seem go out quickly.). I was waiting for a nice car made by Ford to come with CVT engine. Overall 9 out of 10.

Love that car
By 2005 fivehundred on 02/18/05 17:43 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had this car for around one month now and I love it. It handles well and there is a lot of room not only in the front seat but in the back as well.. My family is very tall and they have lots of room in the back. I find it easy to handle and the vision is unreal, lots of visibility with no blind spots I recommend this car to anyone. It rates a 10 in my book.

Wouldn't Considered Ford Before
By Wilda on 01/14/05 00:46 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I'm short and my husband is tall. Due to five back surgeries, it is difficult getting in and out all sedans, until the Ford 500. Needed to find something that would meet both our needs. Being only 5 foot, I have to sit close to the steering wheel, which always bothered me with todays air bags. If I was to be in a head on accident, I probably would be killed from the air bag. With the 500, I can move the foot pedal towards me and not have to sit so close. The rear sensors will be another big help. I have backed into poles and other things you can't see when backing up. Parking is a easy with this feature. This car is fully automatic and the cruise control maintains correct speed going up hills