Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Glad I bought it
By Fox

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have older parents and was looking for a car that was comfortable, easy to get in and out of and with a trunk that could hold two walkers and a wheel chair. The Ford 500 does the trick. We love to drive it. It has great pick up and handles well. The interior is plain but everything is within easy reach. We wonder why we're the only people who know about them. We've only seen one other 500 in four months.

Trunk capacity. Leg room front and back. Styling.

None.

Head Turner
By Phil

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We are pleasantly surprised at the ride and fuel efficiency this Ford Five Hundred AWD Limited has. Also the performance gives the driver a feel of being in a high-end vehicle for a whole lot less money. This auto for the price is a must have vehicle in its class. We test drove a lot of vehicles and we are very happy with its overall results. People aways stop and ask what kind of vehicle it is.

The way it handles its like a sports car in a sedan body. In the rain it holds the road with no slipping and sliding.

None at this time.

500
By cmalwas5f

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am very happy with my Ford Five Hundred. It has a spacious interior in both the front and rear. The trunk is also enormous. It has a nice window line unlike many cars today (It is easy to see out the windows). My only complaint is that it is not fast or sporty. But for a large family car, it is perfect. I think it is a great car for the money.

Overall design. I also like the keyless entry which is available on all Fords (I think).

A more powerful engine.

What a car
By Garry M

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Great ride, handling and roominess. I love the ground clearance as I drive some gravel roads. I thought the CVT would take some getting used to, but after about 50 miles I love it. I do miss the rush of kicking into "passing gear" but I'll get used to it. Got 24 mpg on the first tankful in mixed driving. What a value for the bucks! Well engineered and great build quality.

The complete package. Many great features all weaved into a fine package. Oh did I say how quiet it is? And this is the entry level SE!

Petty gripes: need longer seat cushion on front buckets. Prefer rear corner radio antenna mounting or high center rear like VW. Should be able to order moonroof or fog lights as options on the SE.

Ok, my turn
By Richard C

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I'm constantly receiving compliments on my 500's sophisticated styling and classic/ traditional look. I like the 500 best in black, with the black interior. It feels just as cozy and comfortable as other luxury cars that I have been in. The ride is almost butter smooth on the freeway. I've often found myself cruising at 80 mph, and didn't know i was driving that fast. It really is a tremendous value, because a top-of the line 500 runs thousands less than its comparably equipped competition cars.

Amount of storage space is just right, and the huge trunk. How smooth the car drives/ rides. Not sure if its me or the car (or both) but it glides in and out of highway traffic with ease. Tranny could kick down a little sooner, but it's still adequate

More engine power. Better stereo system, and a deck that doesn't take forever to load/eject a CD. Choice of lower gears, or manu-matic option for the tranny, for an additional fun-factor; it hesitates at times, but 90% of the time is in the right gear.

• SUV