2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
All I expected and more
By Paul on 08/17/09 06:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

So far I am totally satisfied with mileage, comfort and performance. It is not a race car but definitely has enough power to satisfy anyone other than speed buffs. More room inside than most larger cars. Best purchase I have had in a very long time. Can't wait to see how it will be in snow with AWD.

I love it!
By AnnaJ on 07/13/09 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 500. It feels like a pricey luxury vehicle with all the bells and whistles. 6-disc CD changer, adjustable pedals, leather seats, oh my! I got this baby used and it was still in perfect condition. The performance is slightly lacking but it's not a race car, after all. This car is a beauty and it drives like a charm.

dont get me started
By leofanti on 06/29/09 18:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

for starters i bought this car brand new, and instantly had issues till its demise. i experienced the wonderful brake drag issue, the so called auto up window game (which is awesome in negative temperatures), the battery constantly lost its charge, replace battery, and repeat, ford never figured it out. then one day the a/c stopped. which in arizona summers is not really that neccessary (haha) they threw parts at it until they replaced everything, and then viola, it worked, and they never knew what did it. running synthetic oil only i had the most beautiful tapping sound under the hood, which was a tsb, but for refused to address. out of all the tsb's for the car 2 got fixed.

Terrific Car, Totally Under-rated
By Jay Scovie on 06/06/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought new in 2006, love it. Am so glad I did not buy another Toyota Avalon, which had expensive 3.0V6 engine problems over and over. Ford was much better bargain in purchase price and maintenance. Now it has 48,000 miles, so far, not one problem. I average 25.2-MPG driving mainly California freeway. Nobody knows what it is. Everywhere I go people comment how cool it looks which is funny, because all the magazine reviewers slammed is "boring" styling. This was a terrific buy I would recommend to anyone.

Great Car
By Chitown on 01/31/09 07:21 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The car was a dealer demo but with only 1,600 miles on it when purchased it was basically new. I love the fact that it is a 5 star safety rated sedan. I get 26mph on the hwy and 22 around town. The Continuously Variable Transmission once you know how it works is great. Get to speed and let off the gas a little and the RPM's fall giving you the added fuel economy for such a large sedan. It looks good, is very comfortable to drive and the trunk is large enough to carry luggage for a family of four on a weeks vacation. I have 54,000 miles with no trouble except two turn signal lights. I recommend this car two everyone who is looking for a family sedan and would buy it again.

An Unsung Gem
By shotsy on 12/11/08 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Press had lower reviews for power and styling of this car, but I like it. The Limited version looks very nice from all angles. Body is solid. You can tell the door and panel structure is well engineered (doesn't have that paper thin feeling). The power is fine for me as I don't view it as a sports car. Interior is very clean looking (no unnecessary clutter on dash or console). This car is an excellent choice for taller people like myself. This is the first car I have owned where my knees are not hitting the dash even with the seat all the way back. Plenty of headroom as well.

You sure Ford made this?
By whatta ford on 12/10/08 22:02 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is to be left stock. Bigger wheels slows it down. It handles well with the stock 215 60 17 but for a great upgrade you can go to a 235 55 17 without altering your odometer and making an amazing difference in conering(they are cheaper too). The factory radio is very blah but a local circuit city can add a rca converter, an amp kit with a small sub with enclosure for less than 300.00 and you got the bass fill the factory 5x7s do not pick up(do not waste your money on new door speakers). As for the motor its an off the line slug but the six speed is a champ on the freeway. Take your time and get 30 plus mpg on the freeway.And last tint your windows to help the big beasts car lines!

Best Car Ever
By Peter on 08/23/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2005 Five Hundred has been an exceptional vehicle. We've driven it to Florida from New York and had it at 29.5 mpg on the trip. A full tankful gave us over 600 miles of driving. The same is true on our semi-annual drives to Virginia to see family. No stops for fuel for a 520 mile trip is refreshing. Our overal mpg is 25-26 during our daily driving. It's a smooth ride and the roominess inside and in the cargo area are unequalled. I've purchased 32 cars in the past 37 years for the family and myself and this one is definitely the best purchase, by far.

Great Replacement
By Amy W on 08/15/08 10:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought his car to replace my '01 Mercury Sable LS Premium and have not been let down yet. It is far roomier and the trunk space is amazing! I have a 2 year old and can easily fit 2 strollers, high chair and our bags in the trunk when we visit my parents. It has all the amenities the Sable had, plus a few extras such as the in-dash CD changer, dual climate control and heated seats (just to name a few). This is a great family car and I would eagerly recommend one to anybody who asked.

Personal Experience
By Mitchell on 07/24/08 01:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased for wife new. Car is underpowered, power steering is unsually stiff. I drove others and the steering is the same, stiff. Takes more effort to turn. Transmission went out at 37000 miles, heated seats stopped working twice shortly after purchase, repaired under warranty. Stopped working again past warranty, still don't work. Front wheel bearing went out at 39000, air conditioner quit at 71000, rear brakes and rotors replaced under recall, engine extremely noisy when down shifting/acelerating to pass on highway. Also had to replace bulbs in front fog lamps and rear tail lights.