Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Awesome
By Bigdaddy

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

In looking at the other reviews I must have gotten the best of the bunch. Aside from the initial rear brake problem, this car has been great. The transmission has worked flawlessly and the ride is fantastic. To fix the brake problem I went to my local parts store and purchased another brand of brakes and they have not had to be changed as frequently as before and work great! Can't say enough about the car. I would buy another but not for the $30,000.00+ price tag.

Great Daily Driver
By Marauder Fan

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is a great family car and daily driver. Much more personality than an Asian appliance car. Maintenance was easy and low cost, and interior fit and finish are good. The rear brakes had issues with pad life but Wagner Thermoquiet fixed that. I like the CVT, took some getting used to, and with regular fluid changes, at 100K miles I have no issues.

The large greenhouse and good visibility make the car a pleasure to drive. Also the stadium seating in the rear seat is a big hit with kids and adults. The highway ride is compliant without being wallowy.

More power, but Ford fixed that with the 08+ Taurus. For daily driving purposes, the Five Hundred really does everything you need with the 3.0 L V6.

Never buy a Ford Five Hundred!
By smac315

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car with just under 35k miles on it. The car just hit 68k miles and I had to replace the transmission already. I've heard from the transmission repair shop the the Ford five hundreds are having this problem. I contacted Ford and they said they wouldn't do anything about it and to simply take it to my "local Ford dealership repair shop" and they could fix it for me. Yeah they could fix it, at the tune of $1700.00. It's funny how we support an American company that won't even back up there product when there is clearly a wide spread problem with the transmission on this car. I am now looking to buy a Toyota or Honda!

transmission
By diane

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

well, all i can say is i thought this was my car of choice.only owned for 2 yrs and transmission went out. dealer states "oh, you will love the 6 speed transmission".it does have 70,000 miles but i have never ever nor my husband had this happen with a vehicle before.we did call dealer and ford customer service but we got no where with them! we were going to buy a new taurus or fusion but you could't GIVE me one now and that is what we told dealer and ford.very very ashamed of ford.we wlii buy a honda!!

Worst car I have ever owned
By grady572

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The transmission went out at 38kmiles, I called Ford and they replaced the transmission after I paid $125, the brakes had to be replaced under a recall, the heated seats quit three times and the third time it was out of warranty so they still don't work, the cd player quit it was repaired,right front wheel bearing and hub replaced at 39,000 miles, dealer repaired n/c The air conditioner quit and I had to pay $294 Ford paid $883.Replaced the power steering pump@ 106k, miles. At 36k replace the Pirelli tires. At the time they were the only ones that made the size for my car, Limited AWD put on Mich HydroEdge@68k mils still look nw @113k.Rpld 2convertors n fuel pmp @ 95k batt repl @ 80k

Style

Bigger engine with more horsepower and low end torque. Easier power steering with less effort.

• SUV