2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
The Long Haul
By JIM on 08/16/06 10:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We live part time in Pittsburgh PA and winter in Spring Hill FL. The vehicle has been outstanding in ride and fuel economy; 28-30 on the Interstate. The only fault is too much road noise. We can pack it like a pickup due to the large trunk and the fold down seats. We see many other vehicles advertised but there are too many good points in the 500, especially the ability to have good visibility all around. It is an excellent over the road car. I now have 19,300 miles on it and will be taking a trip to Chicago in August, a round trip to Florida in September and a one way to Florida in November. Our '99 Cadillac will be sitting it out.

Fortunate 500 Owner!
By Fortunate 500 Owner on 08/11/06 20:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

If there's a heaven on earth, you'll feel like you're in it when driving this car. Luxurious...every comfort I every wanted and some I didn't know existed (power brake pedals, height adjustable, speed sensitive volume - who knew!). I love this car and everyone asks me, what kind of car is this? Very nice and worth more than the price...but don't tell Ford that!

Extreme Commuter
By psychchaplain on 07/09/06 11:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I run this sedan back and forth between Northern Alabama and Northern New Jersey several times each month... that's a 12 hour drive. At 75-80 mph it runs at 28 mpg. The seats are both firm and comfortable. The trunk is huge. Dealers in Alabama and New Jersey have been great about service. At 50k miles, I have had absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

Great Family Car
By Robert Emslie on 06/12/06 11:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Many reviews have dunned the 500 for the Euro-styling and adequate power. What few mention is the largest in U.S. trunk and excellent fuel economy. The 21 cubic foot trunk shames the Avalon with only 14 and the ability to get 25MPG real-world on regular grade gasoline keeps me glad I made the purchase. On the down side, I wish the nav system had been available in '05 and there is a bit of wind noise around the A-pillars.

loving it
By dixon on 04/29/06 06:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about this car, the ride, the style and the comfort that it offers. The stares that it gets on the road is an added bonus. The car handles well at any speed and during all weather conditions. This is a luxury car but not at a luxury price. The space that it offers is great as rear seat passengers always enjoy comfort. I find that it is good on gas and that is a plus in this current economy, also great if you have to do a lot of shopping, the trunk is huge!. Highly recommended.

big car
By don on 04/13/06 15:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a really nice car. It has a smooth ride, is quiet inside, comfortable and gets good gas mileage.

Great car so far!
By Claire on 04/13/06 12:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a nice car to drive. Only problem I have is the large rear view mirrors. I am small and they tend to block vision when turning corners, but the gas and brake pedal adjustment is great for me. My husband loves it as it is so easy to get into and out of as he has knee replacements. Lots of room and plenty of storage bins all over the car. Trunk very roomy. Only wish it had a trunk release that lifted the trunk lid up by itself. It is a little heavy for me to lift up. Interior is really attractive - ours is leather.

2005 AWD 500
By DJ on 03/17/06 14:16 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I spend the winters driving to Hhockey games around Alberta. This is the perfect vehicle for it. Roomy, comfortable and lots of trunk space for hockey equipment. The vehicle handles well on the highway and feels safe in winter driving conditions. I love the CVT transmission.

Safe Car
By Linda on 02/11/06 14:06 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was in major accident, driver did not maintain lane, hit car at gas tank at 70 mph. My car rolled 3 times, hit another car, landed on drivers side, car was totaled. Seat belt on, I had no cuts or bruises (all glass was broken out). I have a hurt shoulder and a fractured neck, had to be cut out of car. If had been in another car, I would have been dead. Car saved my life, I am getting exactly the same car. Would not drive anything else.

Not Reliable
By len on 02/06/06 15:28 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We got our car Christmas of 2004 and ever since then, we've been fixing it bit by bit. Right off the bat we had to have the CD player and trunk mechanism replaced. Also, noticed a problem with accelerating from a rolling stop. That was a computer problem they didn't end up fixing until Christmas 2005. Also, got a dash bubble. That was replaced. Then the reverse sensing and memory seats went out. Now they've been replaced. We have had enough however Ford will not replace our car. It doesn't quite fall under the lemon laws and they won't do what is ethically right and give us a replacement. We don't know what next will go wrong with the car.