Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews - 313 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

By Family Man

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a follow up report from 6/11/05. Just got back from sunny California. The trip from WA was a joy. We pulled 28 mpg and a low of 18 in stop and go (the 405 in LA stinks) with the A/C on most of the time. I had the window tinted in LA (35%) and that made the comfort in side even better. My teen age kid had no problem with some of the I5 drive back. This is a nice family car. The car now has 4500 miles on it.

Inside and trunk room. The 6 speed tranny is sweet. Good MPG for a small tank.

I would like to feel about 40 hp, but I would not give up the MPG.

Nicer than I thought...
By goodtimes

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have a Limited edition and I enjoy it very much. Smooth ride, transmission wise. I'm looking forward to the winter and having AWD. Rush hour seems a breeze now that I can see what's going on ahead of the car in front of me. The added height is great. I love the stereo. I've had so many compliments on the classy look of the car. There's tons of storage room also. The trunk is huge!

Stereo, classy look, and highway performance.

I only wish it had better get up and go from a dead stop. If you're already moving it responds much better. Maybe more choices for interior colors also.

SoFarSoGood - great looks, smooth ride
By jekcartalk

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Like the overall appearance of the car; some factory defects on the back passenger doors ( looks like someone dinged the door). The power is adequate.The CVT transmission is smooooth. The interior is nicely laid out with comfortable seats (have driven over 400 miles in one sitting). The stereo system is fine. 26mpg highway and 21 city. Road noise is minimal in the Limited. Compared to the other cars I have driven (Audi, BMW, Acura, MDX) there is no clear advantage or disadvantage. The car is solidly built and for the price paid (~$4.5k less than sticker), reasonably priced for the market. For a family man with three active children it has good cabin space compared to other sedans.

Cabin layout, controls on the steering wheel, adjustable pedals for short wife, memory seats auto adjust with key one vs key two, reverse sensing rear bumpers (happened to come with the car). Adjusting shocks to keep the car level. Fold down seats. Overall pleasant look of the car.

Middle console could use upgrading. Ford could be more creative with what they could do with it (our MDX top flips all the way over with cup holder for kids). Hopefully the body will come out of the factory line without any flaws. Nicer rear exhaust - appearance.

Great Choice
By esloan768

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

No problems with 1,300 miles on the clock. Everything about this vehicle says solid. Rear seat is as comfortable as it gets in anything short of a limo. Fold down front seat allows me to carry lumber with the trunk closed that would stick out of a lot of truck beds. It's easy to drive it and some say it's underpowered, but I have never had my foot to floor asking for more. The CVT allows all 203HP to be on tap on demand. Message center provides spot-on mileage estimates. My fill ups have been within .1 gal of what the computer says I've used. Handles like a smaller car.

Memory seats, fold-down passenger seat. Radio controls on steering wheel. Vent on sunroof helps heat buildup on hot days. Dual zone automatic climate control. CVT provides seamless shifting.

Top-of-the-line audio system could use some better speakers. Sound with CD's is OK, but radio has no highs, no lows. I'd like an instant fuel mileage readout as well as the average. Telescoping steering wheel adjustment would be nice too.

Pleased to be so pleased!
By Doc

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After looking at a Volvo S80 and the new TL, decided to testdrive the 500. As comfortable, stable and optioned (with what I'd want) as either at $10K less. First 1000 miles produced 20 mpg city and high 20s highway.Very comfortable for long drive, great sound system and CVT creates smoothest drive experience ever. Criticisms of power without basis. More than enough for PA hills; never need to reach 60 in 6-7 seconds. Love the info module and the system checks. Returned with rear seats down to carry as much as I could have in a small SUV. Overall, I've never felt more certain about a car purchase. Ford should advertise this car more - a loaded Limited is clearly a winner and a great touring car!

Smooth ride; responsiveness; quiet on highway; great sound system.

Would like 8 way seat for passenger and locking gas cover.