Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

SoFarSoGood - great looks, smooth ride
By jekcartalk

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Like the overall appearance of the car; some factory defects on the back passenger doors ( looks like someone dinged the door). The power is adequate.The CVT transmission is smooooth. The interior is nicely laid out with comfortable seats (have driven over 400 miles in one sitting). The stereo system is fine. 26mpg highway and 21 city. Road noise is minimal in the Limited. Compared to the other cars I have driven (Audi, BMW, Acura, MDX) there is no clear advantage or disadvantage. The car is solidly built and for the price paid (~$4.5k less than sticker), reasonably priced for the market. For a family man with three active children it has good cabin space compared to other sedans.

Cabin layout, controls on the steering wheel, adjustable pedals for short wife, memory seats auto adjust with key one vs key two, reverse sensing rear bumpers (happened to come with the car). Adjusting shocks to keep the car level. Fold down seats. Overall pleasant look of the car.

Middle console could use upgrading. Ford could be more creative with what they could do with it (our MDX top flips all the way over with cup holder for kids). Hopefully the body will come out of the factory line without any flaws. Nicer rear exhaust - appearance.

Great Choice
By esloan768

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

No problems with 1,300 miles on the clock. Everything about this vehicle says solid. Rear seat is as comfortable as it gets in anything short of a limo. Fold down front seat allows me to carry lumber with the trunk closed that would stick out of a lot of truck beds. It's easy to drive it and some say it's underpowered, but I have never had my foot to floor asking for more. The CVT allows all 203HP to be on tap on demand. Message center provides spot-on mileage estimates. My fill ups have been within .1 gal of what the computer says I've used. Handles like a smaller car.

Memory seats, fold-down passenger seat. Radio controls on steering wheel. Vent on sunroof helps heat buildup on hot days. Dual zone automatic climate control. CVT provides seamless shifting.

Top-of-the-line audio system could use some better speakers. Sound with CD's is OK, but radio has no highs, no lows. I'd like an instant fuel mileage readout as well as the average. Telescoping steering wheel adjustment would be nice too.

Pleased to be so pleased!
By Doc

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After looking at a Volvo S80 and the new TL, decided to testdrive the 500. As comfortable, stable and optioned (with what I'd want) as either at $10K less. First 1000 miles produced 20 mpg city and high 20s highway.Very comfortable for long drive, great sound system and CVT creates smoothest drive experience ever. Criticisms of power without basis. More than enough for PA hills; never need to reach 60 in 6-7 seconds. Love the info module and the system checks. Returned with rear seats down to carry as much as I could have in a small SUV. Overall, I've never felt more certain about a car purchase. Ford should advertise this car more - a loaded Limited is clearly a winner and a great touring car!

Smooth ride; responsiveness; quiet on highway; great sound system.

Would like 8 way seat for passenger and locking gas cover.

Great for the 30's Mom
By Mom with kids

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Not looking for a sedan, as looking for a cool SUV with 3 seats. Drove this and fell in love. Kids have more room in the back seat than they do in the SUVs. Got it loaded! Not just for the "Retired Folks." Great for the "Cool Mom" too. Looks like I am the wife of a rich man who gives me lots of money to shop with! All the elegance without the price.

Leather/sunroof and the sound the engine makes when I want to go!

Have factory tinting on the rear windows.

Glad I bought it
By Fox

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have older parents and was looking for a car that was comfortable, easy to get in and out of and with a trunk that could hold two walkers and a wheel chair. The Ford 500 does the trick. We love to drive it. It has great pick up and handles well. The interior is plain but everything is within easy reach. We wonder why we're the only people who know about them. We've only seen one other 500 in four months.

Trunk capacity. Leg room front and back. Styling.

None.