2005 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Ford has a Winner!
By jmcneer on 11/24/04 01:21 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Ford has neatly blended the key engineering features of an SUV and a family sedan to provide a unique vehicle that has the handling, surefootedness, and road visibility to provide a comfortable and confident ride in any weather. The incorporation of Volvo's frame, AWD system, and safety awareness combined with Ford's V6 3L engine and the CVT should make this sedan an attractive vehicle to a variety of consumers. All of this combined with a variety of useful instrumentation features gives this car the feel of a luxury sedan for an affordable price!! Gas mileage has been impressive so far- only driven 1000 miles but have averaged 19/28mpg. Not bad for an AWD with adequate power.

2 Weeks into a new car
By tinger on 11/15/04 23:36 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a new 500 SEL a couple weeks ago becasue my 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII was totaled by a deer. Having been used to a large car, I was skeptical as to the roominess of the 500. I initially wanted a new '05 Mustang, but when I drive one I realized everything was small and tight. The 500 was huge compared to the Mustang. The only real drawback is the lack of legroom for front passengers (I'm 6'3"). I love the CD player and the view. The frontwheel drive is a bit touchy, and the pickup is quick, but whines alot. The exterior styling is great! Everyone says it looks super. I was the first in the area to get one, and am very happy I decided to go with it. Way to go Ford!

Ford 500 Review
By Jenalan on 11/13/04 12:30 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

A surprising great car. Not as soft as the bigger Ford. Real nice interior. Good ride.

Best Car Ever Driven
By Craig Kessler on 11/13/04 09:37 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

All you have to do is drive this car and feel how well it responds to you and the road to understand how great this car is. I went in to buy a suv and saw this on showroom floor and asked to drive it and bought it. It's a well thought out car with many options for storage inside to make your commute to wherever a fun and safe experience and easy on your wallet too for that drive in the countryside on the weekends. Take it for a test drive then you will understand.

GREAT CAR TO DRIVE
By Zhivago on 11/13/04 09:04 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Nice to drive and very roomy

best car ever
By dgarr22 on 11/13/04 07:34 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

perfect. Best vehicle I have ever owned. The room, quiestness, and overall build quality are second to none. I challenge anyone to find a better car for the money.

The First 500 in the Upstate
By Gamecockgal on 11/11/04 16:02 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I love this car. I know it is not designed for the 20 something driver but i am 25 and it is the best car i have driven.

Five Hundred Review
By sbeigle on 11/11/04 08:23 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle, the best american built car I have ever driven!

Just What I was expecting!
By Juan Romagosa on 11/08/04 15:29 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The interior space I thought I could only find in the Expedition I had. I do not think you can get more car for your money. Ford read my mind in terms of design, craftmanship and engine response. It is difficult to find such a set of features in this price range. Features that are typical of much more expensive cars. I am extremely impressed!

Great changer for Ford
By Jay Hassenfratz on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Very nice car. I was very impressed with ford. I just came back from Europe which is showing a trend of more impressive cars made and designed by ford. I anticipate that this car will hold its value base on its change from the "Basic Ford" look and feel. Elagant interior that is roomy. Lots of gadgets.