2005 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
2005 Ford Five Hundred
By Danielle on 12/24/04 11:36 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I decided to order my Five Hundred after driving one at a ride and drive in Cincinnati. The performance, handling, and comfort impressed me. The only complaint that I have would be the city gas mileage b/c I only get about 18 mpg. I have just tested the awd and traction control systems b/c we got a big snow and the handling was great. It never once slid, fish tailed, or lost control. Overall this vehicle is sleek, classy, and versatile. I give it an excellent rating.

It's about time - Ford
By Ward Phelps on 12/21/04 12:02 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have just been impressed for the first time to buy a sedan since 1976. I am a pickup/SUV buyer for almost 30 years. The new 500 is sweet, and the best part is the view from the drivers seat. Right On Ford, it's about time you lived up to your Job 1 claim.

Great New Ford
By Victor Haddock on 12/20/04 13:31 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After driving a Ford Taurus for 7 year I traded in for a brand new Limited 500. What a difference!. The 500 is a great roomy sedan that handles very well and has plenty of safety features. In addittion the AWD option is a nice upgrade. All around a great car with many great options. For the price you can't beat it.

Cruising in the suburbs
By Steven Salloway on 12/12/04 20:06 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a nice car. I test drove many cars in its class. This one beat them all and for less money! The gas mileage is great. The car has scored very high in safety features. The back seat is the largest you will find anywhere. It has a timeless understated look to it that everyone seems to like. For such a large car the fuel economy is going over its sticker. It has raised seating that allows for better visibility

at 1 1/2 months
By stoctkon2 on 12/11/04 10:10 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

everything about car very good. ride a little rough due to short wheel base and 18 inch wheels. turn signal entirely too loud. old explorer barely hear turn signal

Perfect
By Dazziegirly on 12/08/04 19:37 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2004 Expedition due to gas prices. I drove the 500 and it was amazing. Feels like I am still riding high. Plenty of room for my sams club shopping. I feel like I am driving a very expensive car. I lowered my payments over $100 a month.

Great design - glad I test drove!
By David Klein MD on 12/02/04 08:58 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I had previously owned (2) Accords. Was gonna purchase a 3rd Accord or Mazda 6 sedan when I decided to test drive new Ford 500 after seeing some at dealer & hearing positive feedback from media. I test drove on a Saturday afternoon & purchased the car on the spot! Much better ride quality than Accord or Mazda6. Ford feels as well built as those with much more character, not to mention options for the price. I have no complaints so far with 2k miles. Look forward to a long drive to Nevada in Jan. Give this car a try - you might be as surprised as i was!

Love this car!
By Amber J on 12/01/04 01:40 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was planning on buying this car a year before it was on the showroom floors. Just the fact of the interior roominess was a major selling point for me. I traded in my 2002 Mustang for the Five Hundred. What luxury! Great gas mileage, sound system is very nice, interior and exterior looks are quite classy. I do not find it boring at all and it has plenty enough power to get going when needed quickly. this ones a keeper. A beautiful car I'm proud to own

not too shabby
By baglumper on 11/28/04 11:12 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

just bought this car it now has 400 miles on it. car is very comfortable, looks great, lots of people think it is a lexus at first. front seats are great, fuel economy 25.6 on the road but not broke in yet. back seat leg room huge, and the trunk grand canyon size. would definitely recommend to familys of 4. price was great, got this one for invoice $24000.

Best sedan for the money
By prmonse on 11/24/04 23:35 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a affordable and comfortable sedan, this 500 is a great deal, you can't get anything domestic or imported that offers this amount of room and comfort for the money. For $27000 I got a fully loaded sedan with all the new technology, incredible room, more than adequate performance, since every magazine complains of the 203 hp engine, and excellent mileage for such a large car, I've got 28mpg on my first fill up. Love the high seating position, the comfortable and quiet ride that doesn't preclude sporty driving when you hustle.