Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Love My Limited
By angel carter

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The "Command Seating" and interior room gives me the view and comfort of a much larger sedan. Yet the dimensions, styling and performance handles like a much smaller vehicle. The Homelink visor is convenient. Steering wheel mounted controls became second nature on the first day. No need to take my hands off the wheel to change the radio station or set cruise control. At 5'3" I found with most vehicles I sit too close to the steering wheel for my comfort. This is not a problem in the Five Hundred. That and the adjustable pedals allow me even more room. With the FWD and traction control there was no slippage of wheels in bad weather. That and I love how it's styling turns heads.

5 star safety ratings. Command seating. Traction control. Steering wheel mounted controls. Design and style. 21.2 CF trunk. Comfort and room. Rear vents. Driver memory sets. Folding back and passenger seat. No {or at least minimal} obstruction of drivers view from inside. Large side view mirrors.

Locking fuel access. Locking glove compartment. Automatic trunk lift.

Best car I've ever owned.
By tanotunes

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I just purchased a new '05 500 SE AWD a little over a week ago. I feel I received an excellent deal and was pleased with the buying experience. The car rides so smoothly and I love the interior. Many have had negative comments about the fake carbon fiber trim, but I find it attractive ... much better looking than the fake wood. The car is so roomy and I enjoy the high seating! All wheel drive is definitely an added plus! Didn't need leather, sunroof or foglamps, so I couldn't justify choosing a higher trim. The SE comes standard with so much as it is, including power driver's seat. I recommend this car for anyone looking for a well made sedan with an attractive price tag.

Smooth CVT transmission. AWD. Roominess.

Wrap door armrests and center armrest in cloth (the vinyl is too sticky). Make radio face more modern. Fuel economy could be better.

we love this car
By Bud

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our first trip was 350 miles and gas mileage was 25.5 city and highway. Ride is great, and we both love the memory seats and setting up high. This car has all the bells and whistles of a more expensive car. We came out of a 2003 Crown Vic, and we would never go back. I love the handling and ride. My first V6, and it has all the power we need.

Handling, steering wheel controls, ride, just what people in their late sixties need.

Reflection from the front window on the upper dash in the sunlight is distracting, inside front door handles are a little hard to get used to.

cool dad
By John Ronnebaum

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I both love this vehicle. We first were looking at trucks and they had a Five Hundred in stock. We test drove it and fell in love with the comfort, the horsepower and the room it has. It has more leg room than our Windstar. Our three kids would rather ride in the car than the van. As far as power I wouldn't want to get on it on gravel. Luxury without the price. We have over 11,000 miles on ours; no complaints at all.

The steering wheel radio controls and the info center are great. I like the leather and fold down seats and heated seats.

None at this time.

All Around good car
By tony

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Overall a good car - It has a lot of features that I didn't expect for the price of the car. The "lack" of power is over-hyped. I found the power more than adequate for the size of the automobile. I test drove a Mercedes C240 V6 and it seemed to have less power then the Five Hundred. I believe it's automobile writers personal preference than actual performance. I would recommend this car - but please read suggested Improvements).

Ease of use features. Smooth ride. Comfortable interior.

Build quality; just as I drove the car off of the dealership an interior plastic cover popped off. Emergency Brake does not work -- I depressed it to the floor and it does not click into place. (The dealership indicated that they would fix it and the sales person seemed quite amazed - as did I).

• SUV