2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
I like comfort, safety and a lot of room
By Expatpr on 01/09/05 16:40 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The 500 LTD is great car for the price. The mileage is terrific 27 hwy 19+ city and it has plenty of power for the average driver. (I should know, my other car is a Marauder) It handles very well and brakes better than a lot of other cars. I train company drivers and drive a lot of different makes and models of cars. The 500 has tremendous visibility and lets you sit in a position allowing you to see everything around you in any driving situation. The trunk is huge and well designed to put cargo into it and get it back out without struggling or having to bend over too far to get to it. It seats 5 adults comfortably and is quiet enough to converse without shouting.

The Best!
By A.Gray on 01/09/05 09:34 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I'd been looking foward to this car since I saw it at the auto show in NYC last year. Now that I own it all I can say is WOW! The Command Seating gives you real confidence. The cars overall stature is impressive. Handling is better than the Taurus. Interior space is overwhelming. Exterior design is flawless. Heads turn when you drive by. This ones a keeper. Great Job Ford!

My new 500 LTD
By Robert Hinson on 01/05/05 18:52 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My experience thus far is excellent. I am a 59 year old disabled man who traded in a 2001 Lincoln LS V8 for this vehicle. I love the increased level of height which allows for easy entrance and exit. All controls are at my fingertips. The cabin is quiet and the ride is smooth. I do not feel the lack of performance some magazines criticize the car for. My experience so far is one of praise in nearly all areas of ownership.

Dino
By Dino on 01/04/05 18:57 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I got the full loaded limited. It is roomy, quiet, and many considerate designs. Lots of features with limited amount of money.

We love it.
By George B on 01/04/05 13:32 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After hearing about this car on the internet,this was a planned purchase. In NC, sonetimes AWD sure is nice to have. We have had AWD for years in another car, but it is nice to get back to a sedan and nice to get back to Ford. No complaints.

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited, FWD
By KPG on 01/03/05 08:43 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the Five Hundred for about a month and have 4500 miles on it so far. I have found it to be a very comfortable road car with many creature comforts. I travel 25-30k per year for work and the Five Hundred is a good looking sedan with TONS of room in the rear seat and trunk.

500
By Gary M. Joraanstad on 12/30/04 18:37 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have taken one short trip and one long trip in our Five Hundred and it is a very comfortable car to drive and sit in for long distances. Rides very nice and mileage was okay on the highway. I got 25.5 MPG driving at 73 miles per hour. We both like the high seats and the safety features on the car are outstanding. Since it is a large sedan, it isn't that nimble in a parking lot but not bad. On the road it is nimble and responds very fast to your touch. Ford needs to use a 3.5L engine with a 3.05 rear end. Mileage would increase and still have plenty of power. My engine is the 3.0L with a 3.49 rear end. When you step on the gas, the engine sounds like it strains a little.

Perfect for me
By Robert Hinson on 12/25/04 21:33 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2001 Lincoln LS V8 for my new 500 Limited. My Lincoln only had 18,000 miles on it bit I wanted to trade. I looked at various vehicles and was very interested in the new Buick LaCrosse until I opened the door to the new Ford 500. I am 59 years old and found the easy of entry and exit as the number one selling point of this new vehicle, that along with its very stylish appearance and list of all options, plus ride, quietness and handling as well as power from a V6. I am thoroughly pleased with my new 500 Limited. Ford might not want me to say it, but I actually like my new 500 better than the LS. I have had many compliments on it, even from young people. This is my car!

Great Car
By James on 12/24/04 13:50 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I eagerly awaited the Five Hundred's release after I saw it at the Chicago Auto show. I love it. I'm glad Ford is finally taking advantage of Volvo's engineering.

2005 Ford Five Hundred
By Danielle on 12/24/04 11:36 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I decided to order my Five Hundred after driving one at a ride and drive in Cincinnati. The performance, handling, and comfort impressed me. The only complaint that I have would be the city gas mileage b/c I only get about 18 mpg. I have just tested the awd and traction control systems b/c we got a big snow and the handling was great. It never once slid, fish tailed, or lost control. Overall this vehicle is sleek, classy, and versatile. I give it an excellent rating.