Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Brakes-Brakes-Brakes-Brakes-Brakes
By WV MAN

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just finished putting on the third set of Ford factory rear brake pads and rotors. My car has 81000 miles on it. Something wrong with this picture. It's not the calipers replaced them the second time.

Favorite Features

Lot's of inside room and lot's of trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the brakes. They DO NOT last............

I love it!
By AnnaJ

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 500. It feels like a pricey luxury vehicle with all the bells and whistles. 6-disc CD changer, adjustable pedals, leather seats, oh my! I got this baby used and it was still in perfect condition. The performance is slightly lacking but it's not a race car, after all. This car is a beauty and it drives like a charm.

Favorite Features

Big tires, adjustable pedal, steering wheel radio controls.

Suggested Improvements

Little bit more umph! in the gas pedal.

dont get me started
By leofanti

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

for starters i bought this car brand new, and instantly had issues till its demise. i experienced the wonderful brake drag issue, the so called auto up window game (which is awesome in negative temperatures), the battery constantly lost its charge, replace battery, and repeat, ford never figured it out. then one day the a/c stopped. which in arizona summers is not really that neccessary (haha) they threw parts at it until they replaced everything, and then viola, it worked, and they never knew what did it. running synthetic oil only i had the most beautiful tapping sound under the hood, which was a tsb, but for refused to address. out of all the tsb's for the car 2 got fixed.

Favorite Features

the exterior always made people ask, "what is that?", the interior, other than the shotty heated seats, was great, perfect amount of room, front and rear. this carwas loaded with all the bells and whistles. quality was decent, nothing to write home about.

Suggested Improvements

ford customer service was the worse experience i have ever gone through. they were unhelpful and unwilling to help me with my problems. granted i put 55k miles on it in a year, but the thing should hold up. i paid 33k otd.

Terrific Car, Totally Under-rated
By Jay Scovie

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought new in 2006, love it. Am so glad I did not buy another Toyota Avalon, which had expensive 3.0V6 engine problems over and over. Ford was much better bargain in purchase price and maintenance. Now it has 48,000 miles, so far, not one problem. I average 25.2-MPG driving mainly California freeway. Nobody knows what it is. Everywhere I go people comment how cool it looks which is funny, because all the magazine reviewers slammed is "boring" styling. This was a terrific buy I would recommend to anyone.

Favorite Features

Looks, room, MPG

Great Car
By Chitown

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The car was a dealer demo but with only 1,600 miles on it when purchased it was basically new. I love the fact that it is a 5 star safety rated sedan. I get 26mph on the hwy and 22 around town. The Continuously Variable Transmission once you know how it works is great. Get to speed and let off the gas a little and the RPM's fall giving you the added fuel economy for such a large sedan. It looks good, is very comfortable to drive and the trunk is large enough to carry luggage for a family of four on a weeks vacation. I have 54,000 miles with no trouble except two turn signal lights. I recommend this car two everyone who is looking for a family sedan and would buy it again.

Favorite Features

CVT, power seats, wife and daughter loves the adjustable pedals, dual climate control, and reverse warning signal