2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
An Unsung Gem
By shotsy on 12/11/08 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Press had lower reviews for power and styling of this car, but I like it. The Limited version looks very nice from all angles. Body is solid. You can tell the door and panel structure is well engineered (doesn't have that paper thin feeling). The power is fine for me as I don't view it as a sports car. Interior is very clean looking (no unnecessary clutter on dash or console). This car is an excellent choice for taller people like myself. This is the first car I have owned where my knees are not hitting the dash even with the seat all the way back. Plenty of headroom as well.

Great Replacement
By Amy W on 08/15/08 10:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought his car to replace my '01 Mercury Sable LS Premium and have not been let down yet. It is far roomier and the trunk space is amazing! I have a 2 year old and can easily fit 2 strollers, high chair and our bags in the trunk when we visit my parents. It has all the amenities the Sable had, plus a few extras such as the in-dash CD changer, dual climate control and heated seats (just to name a few). This is a great family car and I would eagerly recommend one to anybody who asked.

Replacement vehicle
By ajw79097 on 06/25/08 13:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Before purchasing this vehicle, we owned an '01 Mercury Sable LS Premium sedan. My Sable was a great car and had all the amenities for someone new the owning a sedan. My Sable was starting to act its age (it had 107,000 miles on it at trade-in), so it was time to find a suitable replacement. We bought the 500 used, but it definitely didn't look to be used. The previous owner this vehicle very well and it seems practically new. Even though I've only had it less than a week, and I do miss my Sable, this is a more than suitable replacement. It offers plenty of room for all us (I have a toddler with a large car seat), handles well and is just a great overall car.

Love My Ford 500!
By A. Staley on 05/29/08 08:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've always driven Fords but this is the best one yet! I purchased my Ford 500 last summer and I love it. It has great style and comfort. It has lots of power and is fun to drive. I get a lot of compliments on it. I recommend it to anyone who wants lots of room and a great ride with style. Gets decent gas mileage 19 to 21 mpg in city and 27 to 29 on highway.

Great looking at great value
By Ocean on 05/29/08 06:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent looking and handling ride at a terrific value. Lots of extras for the money. A few minor design issues will be worked out with subsequent year models or in the Taurus. The car's size and executive design made it very comfortable and it had a cavernous trunk. Despite its size, it handled like a much smaller car with tight handling and confident handling, great suspension and grip, while having just enough power to have some fun. The economy wasn't bad. I would like to see the rear fender redesigned so not to catch stones with it's leading edge. Else, it's a great all around ride. I'll miss it.

LACKS POWER
By STANNY on 09/09/07 20:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The car seems to have a hugh hesitation when weather is warm or cold and a lot of pull on the motor. It seems to have no 0-30mph get up and go.

So far so good
By hexanero on 07/02/07 07:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car handles perfectly. Steering is extremely responsive for a larger car. Interior room in enormous. You can probably stick a smaller car in the trunk. The 6 speed provideds a very smooth shift. The brakes are pretty good. Overall the car is really quiet, it's safe, and it fun to drive. The larger style mirrors provide excellent visibility. I would def purchase again.

2005 Ford Five Hundred
By A Rudolf on 04/24/07 10:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Raised seating is a plus for entry/exit. Very quiet ride, good controls for radio and info center on the steering wheel. Great passenger comfort. Huge trunk and reasonable gas mileage as advertised.

Great concept, poor execution!
By MA on 02/02/07 11:49 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was delighted to see Ford come up with a car that is roomy, comfortable and versatile. The first day of delivery I spotted 4 defects, 3 trims and 1 paint. The first year, I noticed that the climate control is performing erratically then the front brakes had to be replaced because the hardware fell off! Also, the instrument panel blistered from the sun. The second year, the rear doors weather stripping fell off, both sides. The front doors don't lock below 20 deg F (recall) and the starter mechanism started acting up. Also, the front drive bearings are noisy. As they say, never buy a first year car. Wait until they work the bugs out!

ISSUES WITH FIVE HUNDRED
By mdarnell on 11/28/06 09:15 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle has been in the shop for the following to be replaced and Ford will not buy it back: amp-replaced 3 times, speaker-replaced 2 times, cd-replaced 3 times, bubbling dash-5 times. This vehicle still makes a roaring noise and every electrical noise comes through the speakers. When it is very hot or extremely cold as well as after it rains in when this noise comes up. It is so loud you have to turn the radio or ignition off. We have arbitrated and they refused to still take it back. It is going back in the shop Thursday AGAIN for them to tell us they don't know what else to do. Just want to warn those of you out there.