2005 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Never buy a Ford Five Hundred!
By smac315 on 06/25/10 13:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car with just under 35k miles on it. The car just hit 68k miles and I had to replace the transmission already. I've heard from the transmission repair shop the the Ford five hundreds are having this problem. I contacted Ford and they said they wouldn't do anything about it and to simply take it to my "local Ford dealership repair shop" and they could fix it for me. Yeah they could fix it, at the tune of $1700.00. It's funny how we support an American company that won't even back up there product when there is clearly a wide spread problem with the transmission on this car. I am now looking to buy a Toyota or Honda!

transmission
By diane on 04/22/10 07:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

well, all i can say is i thought this was my car of choice.only owned for 2 yrs and transmission went out. dealer states "oh, you will love the 6 speed transmission".it does have 70,000 miles but i have never ever nor my husband had this happen with a vehicle before.we did call dealer and ford customer service but we got no where with them! we were going to buy a new taurus or fusion but you could't GIVE me one now and that is what we told dealer and ford.very very ashamed of ford.we wlii buy a honda!!

Worst car I have ever owned
By grady572 on 04/07/10 18:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The transmission went out at 38kmiles, I called Ford and they replaced the transmission after I paid $125, the brakes had to be replaced under a recall, the heated seats quit three times and the third time it was out of warranty so they still don't work, the cd player quit it was repaired,right front wheel bearing and hub replaced at 39,000 miles, dealer repaired n/c The air conditioner quit and I had to pay $294 Ford paid $883.Replaced the power steering pump@ 106k, miles. At 36k replace the Pirelli tires. At the time they were the only ones that made the size for my car, Limited AWD put on Mich HydroEdge@68k mils still look nw @113k.Rpld 2convertors n fuel pmp @ 95k batt repl @ 80k

I Love My Ford 500
By Linda C on 03/07/10 18:54 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Ford 500 brand new from the showroom floor. I love the fact that I got the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty on it. What ever minor things went wrong. Ford authorized repair fixed it free of charge. Now that my warranty is up, I bought the extended 3 year warranty which covers over 500 components from the engine & transmission to the radio. Love my car. I wish they had made a 2010 version of it. Love the fact also that there aren't many on the road that I see and I'm always asked " What kind of car is that?" Overall performance in my opinion for my Ford 500 is just about a 10. Love it....Love it...Love it !!!

It's a great car
By Tim on 02/05/10 05:03 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I go though a lot of cars with my job. This is my first Ford since 1979 and I really like this car. Now I'm driving 220 miles a day and it is very comfortable. I have 135,000 miles on it. Never had to do anything to it, expect tires, oil,brakes. No belts or spark plugs ever changed. These car were built on the volvo chassis. I don't buy into people saying it is under powered. I have the speeding tickets to prove them wrong. It will 90 to 100 mph all day long and still get 27 mpg.

Not your Grandpa's Ford
By Ron C on 01/24/10 01:59 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been eyeing the 500 sedan for years. I recently purchase a previous experienced Limited 500 with low miles at a great price. I've read all the car magazine reviews and all have said that the 500 lacks engine horses. It's true the 500 isn't a stop light drag racer but put the hammer down and hang on! I've been able to slice and dice alot of unaware BMW, Mercedes and Nissan drivers. Turn off the Traction Control and the 500 will four wheel drift nicely. In sleeper mode the car's ride and comfort is just super. The heated front seats are really nice on those cold morning commutes. All in all a very nice ride.

ford done it again , ford car still #1
By verdale on 01/03/10 07:28 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

awsome car to drive,and loaded up with everything. a limited can have

Ford #1
By verdale marquardt on 12/25/09 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

love this car.will never sell it make it factor original show car no after market add ons ever. i get up to 35 miles to the gallon on hwy. its just a cool car, ford had waited to long to design a car like this and then they cancel it after 3 years somethings wrong with their management. this car will always remain in my family, thank you for making the Ford 500 limited edition.

some problems
By wayne on 10/14/09 13:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

nice car to ride in and drive, but have had problem. rt rear brake hung up wearing out entire brake assembly at 28000 mi. now, today found out rt front bearing/axle assembly wore out. cost over 500 $. these things should not wear out this soon under normal driving. now have 38800 miles and glad i purchased extended warranty.

Brakes-Brakes-Brakes-Brakes-Brakes
By WV MAN on 08/30/09 18:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just finished putting on the third set of Ford factory rear brake pads and rotors. My car has 81000 miles on it. Something wrong with this picture. It's not the calipers replaced them the second time.