2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
3 years in my 500
By shadma5 on 08/24/10 15:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought in the spring for a road trip with my brother and our wives.Plenty of room and economy was good. Above 30 MPG on the western planes going plenty fast. Had one warranty issue, transmission shifting hard and erratic. Also had a recall on back brakes. Now with 90k am having loud suspension knocks when on rough pavement. I do like and will look to upgrade to the new Taurus next year

Never buy a Ford Five Hundred!
By smac315 on 06/25/10 13:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car with just under 35k miles on it. The car just hit 68k miles and I had to replace the transmission already. I've heard from the transmission repair shop the the Ford five hundreds are having this problem. I contacted Ford and they said they wouldn't do anything about it and to simply take it to my "local Ford dealership repair shop" and they could fix it for me. Yeah they could fix it, at the tune of $1700.00. It's funny how we support an American company that won't even back up there product when there is clearly a wide spread problem with the transmission on this car. I am now looking to buy a Toyota or Honda!

Not your Grandpa's Ford
By Ron C on 01/24/10 01:59 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been eyeing the 500 sedan for years. I recently purchase a previous experienced Limited 500 with low miles at a great price. I've read all the car magazine reviews and all have said that the 500 lacks engine horses. It's true the 500 isn't a stop light drag racer but put the hammer down and hang on! I've been able to slice and dice alot of unaware BMW, Mercedes and Nissan drivers. Turn off the Traction Control and the 500 will four wheel drift nicely. In sleeper mode the car's ride and comfort is just super. The heated front seats are really nice on those cold morning commutes. All in all a very nice ride.

ford done it again , ford car still #1
By verdale on 01/03/10 07:28 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

awsome car to drive,and loaded up with everything. a limited can have

Ford #1
By verdale marquardt on 12/25/09 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

love this car.will never sell it make it factor original show car no after market add ons ever. i get up to 35 miles to the gallon on hwy. its just a cool car, ford had waited to long to design a car like this and then they cancel it after 3 years somethings wrong with their management. this car will always remain in my family, thank you for making the Ford 500 limited edition.

Brakes-Brakes-Brakes-Brakes-Brakes
By WV MAN on 08/30/09 18:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just finished putting on the third set of Ford factory rear brake pads and rotors. My car has 81000 miles on it. Something wrong with this picture. It's not the calipers replaced them the second time.

I love it!
By AnnaJ on 07/13/09 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 500. It feels like a pricey luxury vehicle with all the bells and whistles. 6-disc CD changer, adjustable pedals, leather seats, oh my! I got this baby used and it was still in perfect condition. The performance is slightly lacking but it's not a race car, after all. This car is a beauty and it drives like a charm.

dont get me started
By leofanti on 06/29/09 18:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

for starters i bought this car brand new, and instantly had issues till its demise. i experienced the wonderful brake drag issue, the so called auto up window game (which is awesome in negative temperatures), the battery constantly lost its charge, replace battery, and repeat, ford never figured it out. then one day the a/c stopped. which in arizona summers is not really that neccessary (haha) they threw parts at it until they replaced everything, and then viola, it worked, and they never knew what did it. running synthetic oil only i had the most beautiful tapping sound under the hood, which was a tsb, but for refused to address. out of all the tsb's for the car 2 got fixed.

Terrific Car, Totally Under-rated
By Jay Scovie on 06/06/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought new in 2006, love it. Am so glad I did not buy another Toyota Avalon, which had expensive 3.0V6 engine problems over and over. Ford was much better bargain in purchase price and maintenance. Now it has 48,000 miles, so far, not one problem. I average 25.2-MPG driving mainly California freeway. Nobody knows what it is. Everywhere I go people comment how cool it looks which is funny, because all the magazine reviewers slammed is "boring" styling. This was a terrific buy I would recommend to anyone.

Great Car
By Chitown on 01/31/09 07:21 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The car was a dealer demo but with only 1,600 miles on it when purchased it was basically new. I love the fact that it is a 5 star safety rated sedan. I get 26mph on the hwy and 22 around town. The Continuously Variable Transmission once you know how it works is great. Get to speed and let off the gas a little and the RPM's fall giving you the added fuel economy for such a large sedan. It looks good, is very comfortable to drive and the trunk is large enough to carry luggage for a family of four on a weeks vacation. I have 54,000 miles with no trouble except two turn signal lights. I recommend this car two everyone who is looking for a family sedan and would buy it again.