Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

3 years in my 500
By shadma5

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought in the spring for a road trip with my brother and our wives.Plenty of room and economy was good. Above 30 MPG on the western planes going plenty fast. Had one warranty issue, transmission shifting hard and erratic. Also had a recall on back brakes. Now with 90k am having loud suspension knocks when on rough pavement. I do like and will look to upgrade to the new Taurus next year

Favorite Features

Roomy interior and good handling.

Suggested Improvements

More power on the low end. Suspension bushings should be designed for longer life. At least 7years and 200K.

Never buy a Ford Five Hundred!
By smac315

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car with just under 35k miles on it. The car just hit 68k miles and I had to replace the transmission already. I've heard from the transmission repair shop the the Ford five hundreds are having this problem. I contacted Ford and they said they wouldn't do anything about it and to simply take it to my "local Ford dealership repair shop" and they could fix it for me. Yeah they could fix it, at the tune of $1700.00. It's funny how we support an American company that won't even back up there product when there is clearly a wide spread problem with the transmission on this car. I am now looking to buy a Toyota or Honda!

Not your Grandpa's Ford
By Ron C

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been eyeing the 500 sedan for years. I recently purchase a previous experienced Limited 500 with low miles at a great price. I've read all the car magazine reviews and all have said that the 500 lacks engine horses. It's true the 500 isn't a stop light drag racer but put the hammer down and hang on! I've been able to slice and dice alot of unaware BMW, Mercedes and Nissan drivers. Turn off the Traction Control and the 500 will four wheel drift nicely. In sleeper mode the car's ride and comfort is just super. The heated front seats are really nice on those cold morning commutes. All in all a very nice ride.

Favorite Features

18 inch wheels, heated front seats, 6CD changer, huge trunk.

ford done it again , ford car still #1
By verdale

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

awsome car to drive,and loaded up with everything. a limited can have

Favorite Features

the fact that it has NO KEY slot in trunk,makes it that much nicer on the outside

Suggested Improvements

start to remake again [ford be smart] bring the 500 back

Ford #1
By verdale marquardt

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

love this car.will never sell it make it factor original show car no after market add ons ever. i get up to 35 miles to the gallon on hwy. its just a cool car, ford had waited to long to design a car like this and then they cancel it after 3 years somethings wrong with their management. this car will always remain in my family, thank you for making the Ford 500 limited edition.

Favorite Features

the dual climate control, love the no key in the trunk access, it makes the car look great with no keyhole, in the trunk. The controls on the steering wheel, and the digital readout panel on the dash and the overall design of the dash and instrument panels is very nice, like the heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Wish they would have put in oil pressure gauge and voltage gauge in the dash.