2015 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2015 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

A quick test
By Theburgh

2015 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I really liked the Fiesta! Deliberated for months on whether to pirchase or not, but couldn't commit to it due to the extremely limited size of the rear seats, automatic transmission quality (whether real or perceived), and the general lack of space compared to the Honda Fit and Chevrolet Sonic. I ended up purchasing the Chevy, with the Turbo engine option, and have been very happy with it.

Great Performance with some reliability issues.
By Keppa Max

2015 Ford Fiesta ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First off, if you're looking for affordable performance with practicality, this car is difficult to beat. The passing power of this thing will surprise you - it surely surprised me. Not of caution: 1) it's small, so don't get it if you need the space; 2) its ride is on the harder side, so beware if the roads in your area are crumbling and take it for a test drive first; 3) also test drive the Recaro package before you buy it - it doesn't work for everyone as in my case it was very uncomfortable.

Biggest gripe: Reliability & Fit an finish. I try to remind myself that this is, basically, still a Fiesta econo-box, but some door gaps are wider than others, pain defect on the rear quarter panel (dust in paint and clear-coat chip), warranty work for emissions system and leaking sun-roof.

The big question: would I buy a new one after the current one I have has run its course? I'd say there's a 75% chance.

FUN and Sporty
By David Michaels

2015 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Had my 2015 Feista for 7 months and very impressed. Looks small but once you get in its bigger then you think. Also was amazed at the power it had going from ramp to highway. Inside was designed with good taste and style. Why pay so much more for a bigger car when you are paying for empty space. Now I know why Europe has so many smaller cars.......there smart. The only item that I notice is that around town we get 25 MPG.

Superior hot hatch
By Dan

2015 Ford Fiesta ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted something that was more fuel efficient than my lifted '05 Wrangler (which I traded in for the ST) that would be fun to drive, practical, and would not cost me a fortune. After extensive research and test driving 32 different cars over the span of a little over a year, I chose the Fiesta ST. This car really hits the sweet spot of efficiency, performance, and practicality. If I want to drive it hard this car is more than willing to play. If I want to be efficient, this car has no problem taking it easy. I particularly like the 6sp manual transmission feel and the VERY responsive brakes. Although my car is not tuned for greater performance, the aftermarket is booming for this car as well. In mixed driving I get 32.6mpg with 93 octane. Although I have not had the opportunity to take it on a long road trip I'm very confident that if I use the cruise control and drive it intelligently, I could easily hit closer to 36mpg. I drove similar competitors from Subaru, VW, & Fiat...the Fiesta ST was the clear hands down winner. I'm currently at 7K miles and am stoked anytime I get to drive this car anywhere. Truly outstanding in the hot hatch 4cyl turbo class! Strong suggestion: try out the Recaro seats before committing to buy the vehicle. I tried both Recaro & regular ST seats and opted for the regular seats. While Recaro makes excellent products, the seats in these get tight from side to side if you are normal to above normal width.

Feels like a MUCH larger car
By Ted Schmitt

2015 Ford Fiesta ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First, I will preface this by saying that I traded a Miata for the Fiesta ST, so yes this car feels MUCH larger than it is.

I bought the ST with the Recaro package, and I can understand how some people would say that the seats are uncomfortable, especially if the person is of larger size (I'm 5-9 and 175lbs). These seats grip you like velcro in ALL situations, especially hard cornering - try them BEFORE you buy the car. I love them, but I drive "enthusiastically". They take some getting used to in the getting in/out process and I can easily understand how some would hate them. I'm 54, and after a Miata they are really NO problem.

The 6-speed manual transmission shifts like rowing a knife through honey, with very smooth clutch action although it does engage a bit close to the floor (this might change with more wear). The 8-speaker stereo does sound a bit tinny or thin on sound, but money spent with Crutchfield will fax that eventually. The exhaust note, while louder than lesser Fiestas, is not quite as "racy" as it could be given this car's mission, but that is entirely my opinion. Handling is top-notch (again, I came from a Miata), being extremely smooth and predictable. Corners can be taken at MUCH higher speeds than you think the car will handle due to the roll stability control (which can be switched off); you would swear it was rear-wheel-drive with gobs of grip.

The car car has numerous safety-related add-ons, none of which I will address here - I didn't buy the car for being safe. If you're considering it, check out Ford's website or Edmunds for the list of standard safety equipment.

The best thing about this car? Turbo power. The rush from the Ecoboost engine is absolutely ADDICTING. That, combined with the engine sound coming into the cabin will have you feeling and driving like you're back in high school (and I mean that is a good thing).

Bottom-line, if you want some "civilized" performance while being able to carry three passengers and you want to buy a domestic car (yes, I know the Fiesta is assembled in Mexico) with top-notch quality, your search ends here.