2014 Ford Fiesta ST Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Fiesta ST - Consumer Reviews

ST 1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (3 reviews )

First time ST buy
By ndubberly

2014 Ford Fiesta ST ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first performance Ford I have owned, previously owning 2 large Ford Broncos in the past this is a massive downsize effort for myself. While I am used to the massive amount of space, the Fiesta provides a shocking amount of room even for my bulky size at 5'8" and 220lbs. The Recaro seats are a snug fit and I would recommend any large frame individual including those of you who frequent lifting large objects in the gym to test them out before upgrading. Performance wise I am blown away by the power this little guy has. I have taken several people out in it, and after they finish telling me how cute it is I show them the power leaving them speechless.

The Recaro seats, MyFordTouch, and ST power is what makes this vehicle a winner. Also important for fuel penny pinchers out there, if you shift at the recommended points you will easily average 30+ MPG, although that is much less fun than driving it for the purpose it was made for.

The only cons are the size and accesibility of climbing in and out of the car for larger folks. My elderly and plump parents have issues climbing out, but for younger and less hefty individuals this should prove to be no issue. MyFord Touch needs to get on the applink for the system ASAP as well!

You've never driven a Ford like this one!
By dr_dan

2014 Ford Fiesta ST ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I needed a small car to commute into the city that was fun to drive and economical to buy & maintain. Previous cars had been Japanese or German, so this was the first American car I ever bought! The ST is remarkably different from anything I'd ever driven before. The 1.6 L turbo is powerful and well-behaved with plenty of torque anytime you need it. The steering is light, but laser-sharp and precise. This car corners like crazy, with almost no body lean, and feels like it's riding on rails. Very nice interior quality for its price range. Very intelligent design, both inside and out. But be forewarned: this car has a race-tuned suspension and may be a lot firmer than what you're used to.

Great engine with super-functional turbo Very easy clutch & shifter Amazing steering & handling Engine sounds great, but disappears into background on the highway Optional Recaro seats are amazing! Great visibility Nice mileage, and takes regular or premium gas Ford SYNC stereo plays nicely with my iPhone Can control all electronics with voice commands Has SD card slot for your MP3s Has USB plug for my iPhone No gas cap, just open the door and fill! Enough space in trunk to add subwoofer over spare tire Great in snow, but you NEED snow tires! Very easy to drive, parks in any spot Great cupholders (including sneaky one in door) Probably the funnest car you will ever drive

Ride is very, very firm -- test drive this car before you buy, as you may not like this. Did I mention that the ride is very firm? You will need a second set of wheels (probably 15") with snow tires if you live where there's winter You may need a second set of smaller wheels if you live where there are potholes. The 17" wheels have minimal rubber and don't like big potholes Stereo is OK but not great. If you like music you will need to upgrade 2-4 door speakers & add subwoofer in trunk Heated seats have 2 settings only: off and broil Some controls feels a little bit flimsy & cheap SYNC system has difficult to use touchscreen, but you can avoid this by using voice commands

Absolute fun on four wheels
By wscottcross

2014 Ford Fiesta ST ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Fiesta ST is one of most well balanced small cars available! The power is just right, and the handling is nothing short of amazing. There are plenty of cars with more power, but none of them handle as well as the Fiesta ST. I was driving a 2011 Fiesta SES and the handling was pretty good in that, but this car is so much better.

Power Steering response Recaro seats 6 speed manual MyFordTouch

Shifter is a bit far forward Recaro seats don't fit everyone