Used 2014 Ford Fiesta SE Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

You have to learn how to drive this car
By David Dawson

2014 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Okay... does this car stutter when you drive it. No. If you learn how to drive it. It takes time as the car learns how you drive and you have to learn how to drive it. If my wife and I switch drivers it does stutter. It never, ever stutters for me. Not at all. The trick is to be assertive. That doesn't mean floor it. That means to step down a tiny bit harder than you normally would. If you get a stammer you do not back off the accelerator as you would normally do... you press down about 10% more and the stutter will immediately stop. When you accelerate to get onto the highway you want to do that assertively. That means you press down the accelerator to 40% and let the car move through the gears without changing the accelerator setting until you reach 4th or 5th gear. It will be very smooth if you do that. Eventually the car and you will learn and you'll have a smooth ride every time. In exchange for learning how to drive you will get between 40 and 50 MPG on the highway. You will get between 30 and 40 around town. I fill the gas tank twice a month (and it only holds 14 gallons). Yes, you may have been fooled when you bought this car. It does not have an automatic transmission. NO. If you expect it to act like a conventional automatic transmission you will be disappointed. It won't, it is a manual transmission and it absolutely acts like one. If you learn to drive it properly, learn to work with its limitations, you will find it is a nice, little, pretty, INEXPENSIVE car. You have to learn to love it.

next time
By mike

2014 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

mine is a 2014 fiesta with less than 10,000 miles automatic but drives like a standard . try to make a right or left turn from a stop and it shimeys so badly you have to almost stop .every time there will be no next time buying a ford

A much improved year for the Fiesta!
By Mitchell

2014 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have read so many bad reviews on the 2011 and 2012 fiestas and i think the 2014's are alot improved compared to those. My transmission used to be kind of unresponsive and sluggish but a trip to the dealer and a software upgrade made it more zippy and ride and drive like a dream. I kind of lost hope in the fiesta until i made the trip and now i am really satisfied with the car. What you pay is what you get with this car. You get bluetooth with hands free phone support which is my favorite feature to have in any car. Sound system sounds great, i jam in the car everyday and everytime i drive it. Car is pretty comfortable considering the price range. I would recommend this car as long is it's 2014 or above as these are much more reliable, fun, and better looking then the older models!

2014 fiesta
By littlemower

2014 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car does great on gas handles great and looks great.

Didn't know if we would like the touch screen radio but after getting use to it it's great we had a 2013 fiesta with the auto trans I didn't care for... but I liked the car other than that. so we traded it for a 2014 with 5 speed wow what a car that made all the difference ......the car is fun to drive handles like on rails looks great and has the feel of a much higher priced car and as a major plus gets 35 mph :) :) :)

I wish fiesta st wheels was available on the other model fiestas as well.

Great Little Car
By thatguy91

2014 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a commuter car for my girlfriend, we leased it for her to take to school and for us to use for road trips.The best thing about this car that we can agree on is the gas mileage which right now is at 31.2 and the sporty-ness of the car itself. Its very fun to drive even though I don't tend to drive it as much as she does. The biggest downfall to this car is the "quirky" transmission or so its called in reviews. I had one of the scariest moments when I was driving it through an intersection pressing down on the gas ,maybe a little hard but nothing my own car couldn't handle , and the car just would not accelerate pass 10mph. My car has never done that and I find it quite dangerous.

Ambient lighting Great gas mileage Comfortable seats Decent trunk space for a little car Sports Mode

Fix the "quirky" transmission from making the car thrust backwards and forwards when trying to accelerate