2014 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Excitement Became Disappointment
By duckyt on 07/28/14 14:01 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fiesta ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently started looking at the reviews of this car and became excited. I wanted a small commuter friendly car that was fun to drive. After driving it, I was very disappointed. The car is fast and fun to drive, however the interior is greatly lacking even compared to the Focus. The Recarro seats feel well fitted, but the head rest is not adjustable front to back. The seats are manual (is this 1980?). There is no lumbar support. The dash is entirely sparse. The information center is a square inch in size (what's the point). For ten thousand more than the base model, I expect more.

Poorly Assembled and poor quality
By musicmitch on 07/23/14 16:16 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The front has a fully independent suspension, but rear has only a cheap beam in the back. And the rear bottoms out on bumps. Engine has Zero torque from A standstill when flooring the accelerator. The gas economy is not 29/39. My trip computer at 15,841 miles, says only 17mpg city and 26 on the highway - I challenge Ford to come and look. The only way this car could have ever gotten the epa estimated 29/39 is, in my opinion, with an anorexic, midget, driver and the only thing in the rest of the car including the trunk was a toothpick. lol. The transmission was rebuilt after only 12,000 miles. The grinding noise continues which is the result of duel clutches

Great Little Car
By thatguy91 on 07/12/14 18:00 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a commuter car for my girlfriend, we leased it for her to take to school and for us to use for road trips.The best thing about this car that we can agree on is the gas mileage which right now is at 31.2 and the sporty-ness of the car itself. Its very fun to drive even though I don't tend to drive it as much as she does. The biggest downfall to this car is the "quirky" transmission or so its called in reviews. I had one of the scariest moments when I was driving it through an intersection pressing down on the gas ,maybe a little hard but nothing my own car couldn't handle , and the car just would not accelerate pass 10mph. My car has never done that and I find it quite dangerous.

Cap Less Fuel System Fail.
By blueclaw on 03/31/14 10:04 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

RE: Cap Less Fuel System: Beware -My son had a nozzle at the gas station get stuck in the fill port. The mechanic there had to take the whole thing apart and still could not get the nozzle out! Apparently Ford is aware of this and has a bulletin out. There are certain nozzles you can and can't use. Ridiculous. Had to finally get a pick in there with some twisting got the nozzle out.

First time ST buy
By ndubberly on 02/09/14 10:00 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Fiesta ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first performance Ford I have owned, previously owning 2 large Ford Broncos in the past this is a massive downsize effort for myself. While I am used to the massive amount of space, the Fiesta provides a shocking amount of room even for my bulky size at 5'8" and 220lbs. The Recaro seats are a snug fit and I would recommend any large frame individual including those of you who frequent lifting large objects in the gym to test them out before upgrading. Performance wise I am blown away by the power this little guy has. I have taken several people out in it, and after they finish telling me how cute it is I show them the power leaving them speechless.

You've never driven a Ford like this one!
By dr_dan on 02/02/14 08:11 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Fiesta ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I needed a small car to commute into the city that was fun to drive and economical to buy & maintain. Previous cars had been Japanese or German, so this was the first American car I ever bought! The ST is remarkably different from anything I'd ever driven before. The 1.6 L turbo is powerful and well-behaved with plenty of torque anytime you need it. The steering is light, but laser-sharp and precise. This car corners like crazy, with almost no body lean, and feels like it's riding on rails. Very nice interior quality for its price range. Very intelligent design, both inside and out. But be forewarned: this car has a race-tuned suspension and may be a lot firmer than what you're used to.

Absolute fun on four wheels
By wscottcross on 01/28/14 17:26 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fiesta ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Fiesta ST is one of most well balanced small cars available! The power is just right, and the handling is nothing short of amazing. There are plenty of cars with more power, but none of them handle as well as the Fiesta ST. I was driving a 2011 Fiesta SES and the handling was pretty good in that, but this car is so much better.

Automatic
By carolwright15 on 12/17/13 17:13 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have an automatic 2014 Fiesta S. There is an issue with the lock/unlock button being in the center of the console. I don't have an automatic lock and unlock key so this can be very hard to unlock the car, then get in and push the button in the center of the console to unlock the rest of the doors. I also don't have cruise control. This should be an option that is automatic to the new cars. Other than that I love the car.

Best Value in America!
By richsolar on 11/27/13 14:21 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My 22 year old son and I needed a car after a lady wrecked his new scooter. We went after the least expensive safe new car we could find and the Ford Fiesta came thru big time. We can't believe what a great value this fun to drive car is. No complaints, just Love!

What a great car
By adienoel1 on 11/10/13 13:43 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my 2006 focus for the Fiesta. I love it! I want to drive all day long.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Fiesta in VA is:

$148 per month*