Used 2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Don't buy it
By Tara

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

so my ‪#‎2013fordfiesta‬ has had 5 clutch replacements already (it's an automatic) I have worked with regional manager Phedre Chevry twice now on this and have NOT been offered reasonable resolve; after all of the aggravation I have requested a full refund of purchase price and have been denied. The customer service has been beyond horrible including me having to hound down reps to contact me and working with incompetent advisors at local dealerships. My car is NOT safe to drive (the recall it self states No Start And/Or Transmission Engagement Or Loss Of Power) Imagine having to deal with that 5 times and yes less than 800 miles since my last clutch and it's doing it again!!!!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND I NEVER WANT ANOTHER FORD AGAIN!

Defective Car
By Sandra Cisneros

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I would not recommend this car to anybody. I bought a ford fiesta 2013 two years ago and since then it has been at the dealership for the transmission clutch. This is the 3rd time the clutch will be replaced. It hesitates and shutters. Overall, I feel like I threw my money down the drain, I bought extended warranty but what if I didn't buy the warranty? I would be paying some dollars to fix it.
I don't understand why Is Ford isn't doing nothing to fix this issue. Us consumers are losing money.

Transmission is awful, seats rusted, cheap car
By Patrick Corso

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Powershift SE model. The transmission is awful always jittering, clutch burning out unusually fast, the metal under the seats rusted COMPLETELY in a after leaving the dealership, plastic components in the car are prone to breaking, and not a whole lot of space anywhere. I owned this car for one year and finally washed my hands of it. The transmission is my biggest issue with this car it is absolutelyour awful and causes the clutch to burn early, the dealer only offers replacements not a fix, I would never recommend this car to anyone.

Ford Fiesta with UNSAFE transmission problems
By Ernest

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

These cars seem to have transmission problems that haunt the car and the dealers do not have a solution. Our fiesta has had this problem for 2 years. I will also shut off on the road leaving you unsafely trapped in traffic. The dealer still can't fix it. All the recalls have been done. Its on it's third engine computer (PCM), and its been in the dealers garage for months on end! Even now its been there for 2 weeks since it just is too unsafe to drive on the freeway. We have had problems from everything from doors closing, to the entertainment system mic breaking. I have a 91 Toyota pickup that has been more reliable than this car.

Nightmare fleet
By Thomas Z

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I repair and maintain the fleet of a large utility company, this is one of the fleet cars, the worst, most unreliable cars in the fleet.

Transmission problems galore! all of the transmissions slip, stall, shudder and clunk, 30% have rebuilt transmissions (one within 15K miles most around 50K) the rest have been flashed (works for 6k miles), a few had damaged harnesses, which the dealer refused to repair under warranty (2 yr old 30K miles) Almost all have been towed at one point due to not going into gear, now some of them crank themselves and don't start.

But that's not all! All the interior door handles break, the trim around the door and on the roof gutter fall off, the seats are down to rags and springs already, brakes wear super fast, CV shafts snap and support bearings make noise, ball joints go fast, body cracks where door hinge connects due to paper thin steel.

To add insult to injury when they are running, they are slow, noisy, uncomfortable and feel cheap going down the road.

The absolute worse car you can buy today (or ever) I understand what DCT is, how it works and how it should feel, we have others in the fleet with them (not ford) and these are not right.

You could literally buy any other car and have better luck.