NEVER AGAIN FORD - BUY FROM YOU
By musicmitch on
2013 Ford Fiesta Titanium 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
The front has a fully independent suspension, but rear has only a cheap beam in the back. And the rear bottoms out on bumps. Engine has no torque from A standstill when flooring the accelerator, almost had two accidents The gas economy is not 29/39. My trip computer at 15,841 miles, says only 17mpg city and 26 on the highway. The only way this car could have ever gotten the epa estimated 29/39 is, in my opinion, with an anorexic, midget, driver and the only thing in the rest of the car including the trunk was a toothpick. lol. The transmission was rebuilt after only 12,000 miles. The grinding noise continues which is the result of duel clutches.
Favorite Features
I put as high as 3 for comfort because the sound insulation and engine noise are low and lower than most other subcompact cars I tested or ones consumer reports. I put 3 on fun to drive because on the expwy: the engine, transmission, steering, and braking are very responsive. The engine is especially quiet and moves the car along effortlessly even at high speeds. The visibility is better than average. The trans grinding people report only occurs when shift 0-2. At 3 and above it's stable on my car. The rear seat is not one of my favorite features because it is severely cramped. And The electrical system failed causing false warning icons and the alarm going off every 20 minutes.
Suggested Improvements
Completely change the transmission and put in a high quality, reliable one. Put an independent suspension in the back like you have in the focus. That rear bar is what I call a "no suspension." Get this car up to specs on the fuel economy advertised. Get some decent torque in this engine. Fix the rear seating space so passengers can comfortably fit in this car. Fix the rear windshield view which is much harder to see though at night. Extend the warranty on this car to 10 years like Kia, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, and Chevrolet, so people don't go broke after the basic warranty runs out. Consumer reports publishes annual auto issue that the cars reliability is below.