2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Review: The Auto transmission - very b

2013 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Review

The Auto transmission - very bad
By jeffm8 on

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The powershift transmission sounds at times like it is grinding aluminum cans in the transmission. Usually happens at slow speeds , turning or uphill. From stops or in turns, the trans lurches. On hard acceleration or highway, there are no issues. Have gone many rounds with ford dealer, corporate etc. All say this is normal for this trans. The powershift is dry clutch technology designed to hit high mileage. It delivers the goods on mileage, but the trans grinds louder than my 83 AMF Harley. Very disappointed, This is unacceptable to me. I'll give up a mpg or two for a smooth quiet hydraulic transmission. Took a loss on it and traded it for another manufacturers vehicle.

Favorite Features

Interior design is very nice. I like the styling. MPG is great but would take a little less for a finely tuned transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Give up on the automatic powershift trans. I think it has been around since 2011? Three years and the quirks are not worked out. Now it is in the Focus. I can't even find a Ford I will trade up for. How about a radio with reception? Wide angle side view mirrors are distracting Blue tooth transmits very distorted.