Great Value
By fiestasam on
2013 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
So far I have 16K miles of my 2013 Ford Fiesta S Sedan and I have been pleased overall. I am consistenly acheiving 42+ mpg due to the rural area I live in as well as my driving habits such as driving the speed limit, gentle stops and starts, and running the AC only when the interior temperature becomes too warm to bear. The ride is firm but forgiving, and much nicer than one would expect a compact car to have. The engine seems very smooth and powerful for its size. Handling feels tight and precise. The automatic transmission (really an automated manual) seems somewhat clunky and makes unusual noises, but so far it has not given me any trouble. Very little rear seat room, but lots for cargo.
Favorite Features
My favorite features include excellent styling inside and out, very good AC system, strong engine performance, hybrid-like fuel efficency, crisp, sporty handling, nice ride, very impressive build quality, and massive trunk space. It seems that Ford has learned how to give a much higher quality feel to cheap materials by adding texture as well as precision fitting it all together to minimize gaps. Also, the car seems to be ultra-aerodynamic and is very quiet for its class at high speeds. Overall, I think the Fiesta is arguably the best value on the market considering it starts at only $13,200, yet has features and specs that a hard to find anywhere else for less than $16,000.
Suggested Improvements
I think the steering wheel, while not awful, is a bit awkward and makes it nearly impossible to find a very comfortable position to hold it other than with the hands at 10 and 2. Doesn't give you much choice. The transmission is a new experience. It has done its job so far, but it seems that Ford still has some bugs and quirks to work out. The automatic door lock has only one button for both lock and unlock, which has caused constant frustrations. Its location in the center dash of the car is also very uncomfortable when trying to press it while standing outside the vehicle, requiring one to lean in awkwardly, straining your lower back unless you bring a leg up, resting a knee on seat.