2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Review: Do not buy this car!!!

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Review

Do not buy this car!!!
By avatheps on

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it on 1 May 2013 after much looking and online comparing. Wish I had been able to test drive it longer and in more realistic conditions as I would never have bought it. I live on a fairly steep hill and it can barely climb it in 3rd gear. Put 6500 miles on it in in 2 months so have given it a good test. It does get good gas mileage. Went to Florida on $80 and the same coming back. Does fine on flat thruway drives up to 85 mph, but includes lots of down shifting. It skips and bucks during rainstorms or wet weather. On board navigation is worthless even on I81 and I95 where you don't turn for hundreds of miles. To much wrong to report it all. Please reconsider buying this car.

Great gas mileage although not as good as Ford claims. Lime squeeze color is nice, it helps us find it in large parking lots. I had plenty of room and I am 6 feet 200 lbs. It handles like a small airplane in a high wind, all over the place. As a former pilot I found this nice. It's very noisy, great for keeping me alert for comments from my wife. The on board SYNC system likes to be yelled at several times whilst trying to give it directions. The moon roof is great.

Get rid of the on board nav and SYNC. They just plain do not work. How about another armrest for the front seat passenger. A rear window wiper would be nice. Put some non stain coating on the cloth seats as they stain at the slightest touch.