2013 Fiesta SE Sedan For Commuting
By snl1962 on
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this with the 5 spd...I read the reviews of the "automatic" and since the mpg was the same, I couldn't see value in a $1000+ option... to complain about. The only option was the Ruby Red paint ($395). The SE is the BEST - Bang for the Buck out there. It includes cruise, heated mirrors, upgraded stereo and SYNC with steering wheel controls. MSRP was $16,390. I paid $13,350, including $1,250 in Ford rebates, at Sound Ford in Renton, WA. So the dealership REALLY discounted the car. NO other Ford dealer could come close. At that pricing, no other brand was competitive!
Favorite Features
I drive 140 miles round trip daily. I average 43+ mpg! As a 6'4" person, this compact is comfortable enough to drive a stick shift. Fit/Finish is VERY good. I use SYNC regularly. Trunk space is great and the car, especially considering the category, is fairly quiet. Obviously, this car is ALL about gas mileage. So when you downshift for "power", you have to remember to drop 2 gears, not 1, as you may be otherwise used to. After 1st gear, the ratios spread quite a bit. That said, you can accelerate pretty decently, by running the RPM up! This does add to the "fun" factor! The shifter is one of the best "feeling" units I've ever driven.
Suggested Improvements
I have to drive with my seat all the way back, so space behind me is for "storage". However, I can slide the front passenger seat forward a bit, for short distances, and have a rear seat passenger. I don't like the "redish/orange" information displays. Too hard on my eyes...for 2014, these are changed to bluish/green. I wish the driver's seat adjusted the SEAT cushion tilt, instead of just a height adjustment, but most people should find a fairly comfortable seating position.