Used 2013 Ford Fiesta S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

MANUAL ROCKS
By festiod

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

research told me the automatics had some issues so I chose stick not living in city automatic is crucial and kinda like shifting...to quote another review it is go-cart fun turn and handles you cant take 40 mph at 60 no problem no "drifting" just driving...fastest speed 106 I drove, oops it was accidently no where near red line....it not powerful just geared well ...off the line it is competent but after shifting into fifth if you aren't careful it keeps creeping up. if large adult male there is little room in back seats knew that going in .

corners exceptional, maintain hi way speeds easily for four banger sips gas seats are totally adjustable even if you hand crank lol.

back trunk is huge make smaller so back seats less cramped...I choose manual to avoid you automatic issues it would be nice to be able to choose that option fix the damn automatics

Great Car
By guitar74

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First, my disclaimer: I am NOT a dealer, but an owner with 30,000 miles on my Fiesta S. First, if you are used to a conventional automatic transmission ,then the six speed auto DOES take some getting used to. That being said, I have never owned a car with an automatic tranny that DIDN'T roll back a touch on a hill. Automatic transmissions have torque convertors that are the equivalent to a clutch but design to engage at a preset rpm. Too loww and your car will be below any kind of torque curve which will kill acceleratoin AND economy due to increased throttle input. Buy a v8 if you want to overcome a standing start at idle, otherwise live with it

I am averageing between 32-35 mpg in town and around 40-42 mpg on the freeway. While I don't take off like i'm at a dargstrip I certainly don't drive like I have an eggshell under the pedal. If you aren't getting this kind of mileage, first make sure your are as close to the recommended tire pressure which is 44 psi, check it weekly, and if need be put air in your tires. This used to be commonplace, but is lost on our lazy "tech" generation. They just tend to think all things should work perfectly with no effort on their part. The handling: Absolutely terrific! Power: While it won't set a land speed record, it is certainly peepy enough to hit 60 in 8.4

No suggested improvements. Just keep in mind with ALL adaptive vehicle systems like this car has, it will actually adjust shift points, fuel and spark, as well as downshift points which will actually make this cars responsiveness improve to how YOU drive, as well as get optimum efficiency for your style. However, if you do jack rabbit starts, and constantly wind this car to the redline, your gas mileage will suffer. Guess what? That little nugget is true with ANY car. Drive like you stole it? It won't matter what the estimated mpg is, you will NEVER achieve it!!

'13 Fiesta S model a great value
By eurok

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The base model makes a great commuter or single person/small family. With the 5 speed manual, it has oodles of power and handling is precise. Seats are very comfortable in front, cloth is high quality, and trans shifts very smoothly. Seat height is easy to adjust, the telescoping wheel helps driving position. What's lacking in the base model is power windows, CD (why?-never use)/sync, cruise. Fortunately Ford included an aux jack for phone or ipod. With the high cost of used cars these days, a new '13 was only about $2K more than similarly equipped 11's. A no brainer!

Great Handling Decent power Comfortable Seats Styling is not boring

Taller 5th gear, or 6th gear on manual for better fuel economy. 3000RPM @70MPH is too high for optimal FE. A little more rear legroom - really tight Cruise control on base model

Ford Does It Again
By johnbonaham

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First off I want to state that I am 5 foot 8 and 270lbs. I just lost a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis that this 2013 Fiesta replaced I could not get over how comfortable I am in and driving the vehicle Great and fun to drive I actually dont miss my grand marquis I cant believe that I actually just wrote that but this Fiesta is just about perfect I wish Ford would advertise this car more It is a superior value and just great to drive. Down falls are the automatic transmission that is rough to get used to and back seat room but hey I dont sit in the back seat The S should still come with a CD player and an interior truck release but these are the only complaints Great job Ford.

Styling ride smoothness just looks like a nice nice car

CD player should be standard on all models and an interior truck release

Great Value
By fiestasam

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So far I have 16K miles of my 2013 Ford Fiesta S Sedan and I have been pleased overall. I am consistenly acheiving 42+ mpg due to the rural area I live in as well as my driving habits such as driving the speed limit, gentle stops and starts, and running the AC only when the interior temperature becomes too warm to bear. The ride is firm but forgiving, and much nicer than one would expect a compact car to have. The engine seems very smooth and powerful for its size. Handling feels tight and precise. The automatic transmission (really an automated manual) seems somewhat clunky and makes unusual noises, but so far it has not given me any trouble. Very little rear seat room, but lots for cargo.

My favorite features include excellent styling inside and out, very good AC system, strong engine performance, hybrid-like fuel efficency, crisp, sporty handling, nice ride, very impressive build quality, and massive trunk space. It seems that Ford has learned how to give a much higher quality feel to cheap materials by adding texture as well as precision fitting it all together to minimize gaps. Also, the car seems to be ultra-aerodynamic and is very quiet for its class at high speeds. Overall, I think the Fiesta is arguably the best value on the market considering it starts at only $13,200, yet has features and specs that a hard to find anywhere else for less than $16,000.

I think the steering wheel, while not awful, is a bit awkward and makes it nearly impossible to find a very comfortable position to hold it other than with the hands at 10 and 2. Doesn't give you much choice. The transmission is a new experience. It has done its job so far, but it seems that Ford still has some bugs and quirks to work out. The automatic door lock has only one button for both lock and unlock, which has caused constant frustrations. Its location in the center dash of the car is also very uncomfortable when trying to press it while standing outside the vehicle, requiring one to lean in awkwardly, straining your lower back unless you bring a leg up, resting a knee on seat.