2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Great Car
By guitar74 on 12/03/14 09:12 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First, my disclaimer: I am NOT a dealer, but an owner with 30,000 miles on my Fiesta S. First, if you are used to a conventional automatic transmission ,then the six speed auto DOES take some getting used to. That being said, I have never owned a car with an automatic tranny that DIDN'T roll back a touch on a hill. Automatic transmissions have torque convertors that are the equivalent to a clutch but design to engage at a preset rpm. Too loww and your car will be below any kind of torque curve which will kill acceleratoin AND economy due to increased throttle input. Buy a v8 if you want to overcome a standing start at idle, otherwise live with it

very disappointed
By indyguy13 on 07/27/14 18:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a 2013 Fiesta SE sedan with the PowerShift automatic transmission for a little over a year. At 6,500 miles it needed substantial transmission repairs. It's still noisy like a coffee grinder, very poor acceleration, with a long - and dangerous - hesitation when needing to accelerate quickly. A few times it has shifted into the wrong gear which is pretty jolting. At first the dealer agreed there was something wrong and did the repairs. Now that it's doing the same thing, suddenly everything is operating 'normally.' Yeah, right. Maybe it's what I get for buying a Mexican car. Ford has lost this customer.

NEVER AGAIN FORD - BUY FROM YOU
By musicmitch on 07/22/14 23:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The front has a fully independent suspension, but rear has only a cheap beam in the back. And the rear bottoms out on bumps. Engine has no torque from A standstill when flooring the accelerator, almost had two accidents The gas economy is not 29/39. My trip computer at 15,841 miles, says only 17mpg city and 26 on the highway. The only way this car could have ever gotten the epa estimated 29/39 is, in my opinion, with an anorexic, midget, driver and the only thing in the rest of the car including the trunk was a toothpick. lol. The transmission was rebuilt after only 12,000 miles. The grinding noise continues which is the result of duel clutches.

Bad Clutch
By mellojenni on 04/09/14 06:46 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for about 8 months and it is already in the shop getting a new clutch put it. It only has 15,600 miles on it. I took it to the shop twice before, the third time was the charm apparently. I wouldn't buy this car until they fix the clutch/transmission issues.

Please Don't buy this car
By trev80 on 03/28/14 10:15 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had to have major engine repairs after 11,454 miles, the timing belt wrapped around the cam shaft, pulling it out just enough to lose power in the middle a Big Rig filled highway. I promise no one wants to be in that situation. Was fixed "Good as New" under warranty but the car is much worse now. PLEASE just go with something else. Maybe it was bad luck but it can still happen to anyone.

Piece of garbage
By ihatefordtoo on 02/27/14 15:58 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ford should be ashamed to have their name on the Fiesta. The car from makes very loud grinding noise which the dealer tells me is normal (get used to it), it lurches, it halts and seems to have trouble moving forward from a light, as if the transmission is slipping. If you are on a hill you need to keep one foot on the brake and the other on the gas pedal or you will roll back into the car behind you. I firmly believe the car should be recalled and Ford should own up to their poor design. I will never buy another Ford product!

OK Subcompact, Needs slight changes- Automatic, not 5-speed
By commuter247 on 01/05/14 09:00 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 9/20/12 and have put over 31,000 miles on it, in a mix of city, back roads (northern New England) and highway. Probably 25%/ 40%/ 35% if I had to break it down. I am in this car up to 8 hours a day. I am 5'7" and mostly torso. I have owned all Fords. The car handles great- my favorite roads are empty, curvy back roads. I have driven in all but 1 snow storm since I bought this car and I have every confidence in this vehicle in the weather. The clearance is higher than the Focus by about 1.5", which helps in a storm. I have gotten hung up on an ice shelf once, but it's to be expected in a FWD. I recommend this car for a 1-2 person ride, but expect to make concessions.

Great ride, but transmission problems right away
By reillan on 12/30/13 11:53 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Fiesta for 7 months, and have already had the "automatic" transmission repaired after the clutch went out. Unfortunately for me, this went out while I was on vacation and using the cruise control on a wide-open interstate. I had some concerns about the transmission from the moment I got it, since it shifted loudly and had odd hesitations that were very scary (like pulling forward across two lanes while attempting to turn left on a 3-lane road, and suddenly finding a complete loss of power and oncoming traffic). Ford was awesome throughout the repair, however. Crossing my fingers that this is the only repair it will need.

Has some flaws, but it's a great car over-all.
By brandonhill17 on 12/02/13 07:06 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My mom bought her 2013 Ford Fiesta SE in October of 2012. It has the SE Appearance Package which includes some interior and exterior upgrades. The interior space is pretty good for it's size. Although the back seat is a bit of a pain. With me being 5' 9" I have tilt my head a little bit to fit. The gas mileage is not prefect though. My mom drives only in the city, so mpg may be lower. She averages 25-27 mpg (100% city). It's not to bad, but could be better. The exterior design is fair. It's a bit on the boring side, but it's an economy car. It also has the 6 Spd Dual Clutch Powershift Auto Gearbox. When on slight inclines, it tends to roll back, which is a little annoying at times.

2013 Fiesta SE Sedan For Commuting
By snl1962 on 10/10/13 06:08 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this with the 5 spd...I read the reviews of the "automatic" and since the mpg was the same, I couldn't see value in a $1000+ option... to complain about. The only option was the Ruby Red paint ($395). The SE is the BEST - Bang for the Buck out there. It includes cruise, heated mirrors, upgraded stereo and SYNC with steering wheel controls. MSRP was $16,390. I paid $13,350, including $1,250 in Ford rebates, at Sound Ford in Renton, WA. So the dealership REALLY discounted the car. NO other Ford dealer could come close. At that pricing, no other brand was competitive!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan in VA is:

$166 per month*