Used 2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

MANUAL ROCKS
By festiod

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

research told me the automatics had some issues so I chose stick not living in city automatic is crucial and kinda like shifting...to quote another review it is go-cart fun turn and handles you cant take 40 mph at 60 no problem no "drifting" just driving...fastest speed 106 I drove, oops it was accidently no where near red line....it not powerful just geared well ...off the line it is competent but after shifting into fifth if you aren't careful it keeps creeping up. if large adult male there is little room in back seats knew that going in .

corners exceptional, maintain hi way speeds easily for four banger sips gas seats are totally adjustable even if you hand crank lol.

back trunk is huge make smaller so back seats less cramped...I choose manual to avoid you automatic issues it would be nice to be able to choose that option fix the damn automatics

Great Car
By guitar74

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First, my disclaimer: I am NOT a dealer, but an owner with 30,000 miles on my Fiesta S. First, if you are used to a conventional automatic transmission ,then the six speed auto DOES take some getting used to. That being said, I have never owned a car with an automatic tranny that DIDN'T roll back a touch on a hill. Automatic transmissions have torque convertors that are the equivalent to a clutch but design to engage at a preset rpm. Too loww and your car will be below any kind of torque curve which will kill acceleratoin AND economy due to increased throttle input. Buy a v8 if you want to overcome a standing start at idle, otherwise live with it

I am averageing between 32-35 mpg in town and around 40-42 mpg on the freeway. While I don't take off like i'm at a dargstrip I certainly don't drive like I have an eggshell under the pedal. If you aren't getting this kind of mileage, first make sure your are as close to the recommended tire pressure which is 44 psi, check it weekly, and if need be put air in your tires. This used to be commonplace, but is lost on our lazy "tech" generation. They just tend to think all things should work perfectly with no effort on their part. The handling: Absolutely terrific! Power: While it won't set a land speed record, it is certainly peepy enough to hit 60 in 8.4

No suggested improvements. Just keep in mind with ALL adaptive vehicle systems like this car has, it will actually adjust shift points, fuel and spark, as well as downshift points which will actually make this cars responsiveness improve to how YOU drive, as well as get optimum efficiency for your style. However, if you do jack rabbit starts, and constantly wind this car to the redline, your gas mileage will suffer. Guess what? That little nugget is true with ANY car. Drive like you stole it? It won't matter what the estimated mpg is, you will NEVER achieve it!!

very disappointed
By indyguy13

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a 2013 Fiesta SE sedan with the PowerShift automatic transmission for a little over a year. At 6,500 miles it needed substantial transmission repairs. It's still noisy like a coffee grinder, very poor acceleration, with a long - and dangerous - hesitation when needing to accelerate quickly. A few times it has shifted into the wrong gear which is pretty jolting. At first the dealer agreed there was something wrong and did the repairs. Now that it's doing the same thing, suddenly everything is operating 'normally.' Yeah, right. Maybe it's what I get for buying a Mexican car. Ford has lost this customer.

The gas mileage is very good - especially while it is in the shop.

Recall all the Fiestas and Focuses with the PowerShift automatic and replace the transmissions with something that works. Admit it, Ford, this is a failed design!

NEVER AGAIN FORD - BUY FROM YOU
By musicmitch

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The front has a fully independent suspension, but rear has only a cheap beam in the back. And the rear bottoms out on bumps. Engine has no torque from A standstill when flooring the accelerator, almost had two accidents The gas economy is not 29/39. My trip computer at 15,841 miles, says only 17mpg city and 26 on the highway. The only way this car could have ever gotten the epa estimated 29/39 is, in my opinion, with an anorexic, midget, driver and the only thing in the rest of the car including the trunk was a toothpick. lol. The transmission was rebuilt after only 12,000 miles. The grinding noise continues which is the result of duel clutches.

I put as high as 3 for comfort because the sound insulation and engine noise are low and lower than most other subcompact cars I tested or ones consumer reports. I put 3 on fun to drive because on the expwy: the engine, transmission, steering, and braking are very responsive. The engine is especially quiet and moves the car along effortlessly even at high speeds. The visibility is better than average. The trans grinding people report only occurs when shift 0-2. At 3 and above it's stable on my car. The rear seat is not one of my favorite features because it is severely cramped. And The electrical system failed causing false warning icons and the alarm going off every 20 minutes.

Completely change the transmission and put in a high quality, reliable one. Put an independent suspension in the back like you have in the focus. That rear bar is what I call a "no suspension." Get this car up to specs on the fuel economy advertised. Get some decent torque in this engine. Fix the rear seating space so passengers can comfortably fit in this car. Fix the rear windshield view which is much harder to see though at night. Extend the warranty on this car to 10 years like Kia, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, and Chevrolet, so people don't go broke after the basic warranty runs out. Consumer reports publishes annual auto issue that the cars reliability is below.

Bad Clutch
By mellojenni

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for about 8 months and it is already in the shop getting a new clutch put it. It only has 15,600 miles on it. I took it to the shop twice before, the third time was the charm apparently. I wouldn't buy this car until they fix the clutch/transmission issues.

I loved everything about this car except the transmission. I love the way it drove (except the obnoxious shifting), I loved the inside, the seats, the dash, the features, bluetooth, Sirius radio, the hatchback, the wheels, everything! Except the transmission is junk.