Used 2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Ford Fiesta with UNSAFE transmission problems
By Ernest

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

These cars seem to have transmission problems that haunt the car and the dealers do not have a solution. Our fiesta has had this problem for 2 years. I will also shut off on the road leaving you unsafely trapped in traffic. The dealer still can't fix it. All the recalls have been done. Its on it's third engine computer (PCM), and its been in the dealers garage for months on end! Even now its been there for 2 weeks since it just is too unsafe to drive on the freeway. We have had problems from everything from doors closing, to the entertainment system mic breaking. I have a 91 Toyota pickup that has been more reliable than this car.

Nightmare fleet
By Thomas Z

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I repair and maintain the fleet of a large utility company, this is one of the fleet cars, the worst, most unreliable cars in the fleet. Transmission problems galore! all of the transmissions slip, stall, shudder and clunk, 30% have rebuilt transmissions (one within 15K miles most around 50K) the rest have been flashed (works for 6k miles), a few had damaged harnesses, which the dealer refused to repair under warranty (2 yr old 30K miles) Almost all have been towed at one point due to not going into gear, now some of them crank themselves and don't start. But that's not all! All the interior door handles break, the trim around the door and on the roof gutter fall off, the seats are down to rags and springs already, brakes wear super fast, CV shafts snap and support bearings make noise, ball joints go fast, body cracks where door hinge connects due to paper thin steel. To add insult to injury when they are running, they are slow, noisy, uncomfortable and feel cheap going down the road. The absolute worse car you can buy today (or ever) I understand what DCT is, how it works and how it should feel, we have others in the fleet with them (not ford) and these are not right. You could literally buy any other car and have better luck.

Driver's Nightmare
By sergey

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It has well-documented problems with transmission (clutch). I wish I'd read this before buying it. It jerks when starts moving and feels absolutely unsafe when driving it. A good exterior design is what makes people to be attracted by this car. It's heavily overprices and it's losing its value very fast (60% over 2 years).

Don't buy this car.
By Steve Haering

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Acceleration - dismal at best, I wouldn't want to be in front of a semi-truck when the light turns green. Bluetooth - in theory it's fine. But to turn it on, you have to use the voice activation and say "Bluetooth audio" whenever you start the car. It gets old after 50,000 miles. Braking - Substandard. I feel like I'm driving a Mustang. Good luck braking on anything but dry pavement Cargo / Storage - Good enough to put someone in the trunk. The back seat could use space. Climate control - The spray seems a bit uneven in places Comfort - Only one arm rest and no center console. Awesome Dealership Support - Yeah, that's funny. Every time I take it in for transmission grinding "Oh, we'll recalibrate it. Wait three days". Electronics - Somehow they have a crappy Microsoft radio that only supports USB connections via an Apple device. Explain that one. Entertainnment - what entertainment? Performance - see above. Fuel Economy - It gets a great 40mpg when you're cruising on flat land at 55mph. Headlights - dismal, can't see anything. The brights are like my Camaro's regular beams. Navigation - None Noise and Vibration - the tranny is constantly shuddering. Makes me feel really good about driving it, let me tell you. Purchase cost - I could have bought a bottom of the line Camaro for three thousand more. Reliability - little to none due to the Tranny issue. Resale value - abysmal. Okay. Anyway. Let me actually go into detail a little bit. This car is fine, until you hit the transmission issues. It shudders, it clicks, it whines, and it makes you feel like you aren't actually going to shift, instead it's going to stall out. It's an AUTOMATIC and it feels like it's going to stall. Awesome, right? I've had it into the dealership five times for the same issue, they keep recalibrating the transmission, and absolutely nothing happens. Someone explain that one to me. Trying to get rid of this car is like trying to get rid of herpies - it's impossible. Probably because everyone knows that it's a horrible car.

Ford Motor Corp
By mammie J Holloway

2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Recalls this car is very unsafe for your family. Ford motor corp just want you to for get about the recalls. Rockwall Ford motor took care what corp would let them do. I ready don't think this car is safe two doors has came open while on the road my daugther could have been kill thanks to Rockwall ford that care for people to help me. The only think I wanted from Corp was to buy the car back and gave me a save one. That didn't work.

• SUV