2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Great Car
By guitar74 on 12/03/14 09:12 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First, my disclaimer: I am NOT a dealer, but an owner with 30,000 miles on my Fiesta S. First, if you are used to a conventional automatic transmission ,then the six speed auto DOES take some getting used to. That being said, I have never owned a car with an automatic tranny that DIDN'T roll back a touch on a hill. Automatic transmissions have torque convertors that are the equivalent to a clutch but design to engage at a preset rpm. Too loww and your car will be below any kind of torque curve which will kill acceleratoin AND economy due to increased throttle input. Buy a v8 if you want to overcome a standing start at idle, otherwise live with it

Terrible Auto-Transmission
By chevrolet4ever on 07/29/14 18:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fiesta Titanium 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have the 2013 ford Fiesta Hatchback titanium, and its a nice looking car... so there are a few problems with this car, at 12000km, the transmission started shuttering, felt like when you shift a manual car too early, now we took it to ford and they did there little quick fix, and it stopped shuttering for a good week, then it was back with a vengance, it got so bad that when you accelerated you might have 0-60 in 9 seconds, or 0-60 in 20 seconds, depending on the cars "mood", so we took it in and with less then 30'000 km(18641mi) on it, replaced transmission, clutchplate and clutch, and the shuttering is starting again, a week later. also, Im 5'11" and i hit my head on the roof.

very disappointed
By indyguy13 on 07/27/14 18:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a 2013 Fiesta SE sedan with the PowerShift automatic transmission for a little over a year. At 6,500 miles it needed substantial transmission repairs. It's still noisy like a coffee grinder, very poor acceleration, with a long - and dangerous - hesitation when needing to accelerate quickly. A few times it has shifted into the wrong gear which is pretty jolting. At first the dealer agreed there was something wrong and did the repairs. Now that it's doing the same thing, suddenly everything is operating 'normally.' Yeah, right. Maybe it's what I get for buying a Mexican car. Ford has lost this customer.

NEVER AGAIN FORD - BUY FROM YOU
By musicmitch on 07/22/14 23:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fiesta Titanium 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The front has a fully independent suspension, but rear has only a cheap beam in the back. And the rear bottoms out on bumps. Engine has no torque from A standstill when flooring the accelerator, almost had two accidents The gas economy is not 29/39. My trip computer at 15,841 miles, says only 17mpg city and 26 on the highway. The only way this car could have ever gotten the epa estimated 29/39 is, in my opinion, with an anorexic, midget, driver and the only thing in the rest of the car including the trunk was a toothpick. lol. The transmission was rebuilt after only 12,000 miles. The grinding noise continues which is the result of duel clutches.

Ford Fiesta Failed
By pb41127 on 05/18/14 08:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2013 fiesta in Jan 2013. Automatic transmission. Within 2 weeks the grinding noises began and had clutch replaced. The grinding noises are starting again. Got up yesterday morning to a pool of fluid under right side of engine on garage floor. The car is not dependable, dealer tries to talk to me like I "just do not understand". I am totally over this car. I have no doubt I will meet the Lemon Law requirements by end of the year.

Bad Clutch
By mellojenni on 04/09/14 06:46 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for about 8 months and it is already in the shop getting a new clutch put it. It only has 15,600 miles on it. I took it to the shop twice before, the third time was the charm apparently. I wouldn't buy this car until they fix the clutch/transmission issues.

Please Don't buy this car
By trev80 on 03/28/14 10:15 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had to have major engine repairs after 11,454 miles, the timing belt wrapped around the cam shaft, pulling it out just enough to lose power in the middle a Big Rig filled highway. I promise no one wants to be in that situation. Was fixed "Good as New" under warranty but the car is much worse now. PLEASE just go with something else. Maybe it was bad luck but it can still happen to anyone.

Piece of garbage
By ihatefordtoo on 02/27/14 15:58 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ford should be ashamed to have their name on the Fiesta. The car from makes very loud grinding noise which the dealer tells me is normal (get used to it), it lurches, it halts and seems to have trouble moving forward from a light, as if the transmission is slipping. If you are on a hill you need to keep one foot on the brake and the other on the gas pedal or you will roll back into the car behind you. I firmly believe the car should be recalled and Ford should own up to their poor design. I will never buy another Ford product!

OK Subcompact, Needs slight changes- Automatic, not 5-speed
By commuter247 on 01/05/14 09:00 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 9/20/12 and have put over 31,000 miles on it, in a mix of city, back roads (northern New England) and highway. Probably 25%/ 40%/ 35% if I had to break it down. I am in this car up to 8 hours a day. I am 5'7" and mostly torso. I have owned all Fords. The car handles great- my favorite roads are empty, curvy back roads. I have driven in all but 1 snow storm since I bought this car and I have every confidence in this vehicle in the weather. The clearance is higher than the Focus by about 1.5", which helps in a storm. I have gotten hung up on an ice shelf once, but it's to be expected in a FWD. I recommend this car for a 1-2 person ride, but expect to make concessions.

Great ride, but transmission problems right away
By reillan on 12/30/13 11:53 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Fiesta for 7 months, and have already had the "automatic" transmission repaired after the clutch went out. Unfortunately for me, this went out while I was on vacation and using the cruise control on a wide-open interstate. I had some concerns about the transmission from the moment I got it, since it shifted loudly and had odd hesitations that were very scary (like pulling forward across two lanes while attempting to turn left on a 3-lane road, and suddenly finding a complete loss of power and oncoming traffic). Ford was awesome throughout the repair, however. Crossing my fingers that this is the only repair it will need.