Would not recommend this car to my worst enemy!
By jennillicious on
2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
This was my very first brand new car. I was very excited when I test drove it. Bought it with only 20 miles on it. At first I truly loved it. I was also sold on it having a supposed Sirius XM radio. (It does NOT by the way! so do not be tricked by the button on the dash labeled "SIRIUS" as I was) I have had it for 10 months and have put a little over 9,000 miles on it. It developed an oil leak and has been to service twice for the transmission. It stalled out on the interstate while I had my children with me and we had to be towed home right after the dealership gave it back to me saying they had repaired the transmission. This car is very unsafe and I am just so disappointed and angry!
Favorite Features
The look of the car, the Sync feature and the gas tank.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission! Transmission! Transmission! Oh and there's the oil leak problem! Oh yeah and the false advertisement of a Sirius XM radio. Oh and by the way the driver's seat does not adjust to a reclined position and there is no arm rest. It does not have a button to unlock the trunk from inside the car and there are no power locks. The "mini mirrors" on the side mirrors can be distracting at first but I did get used to them eventually. And i also noticed you have to be very close to the car for the remote to respond, not sure if that was just mine or is this is a problem across the board.
By brandonh3
on 02/28/13 16:32 PM (PST)

Ok, this person is 100% wrong about this car. Yes, it absolutely has Sirius radio!! At least the SE and SEL (titanium) packages do. But....it only works for 6 months without a subscription. The transmission problem this person speaks of is only for the automatic. I have the standard tranny and its perfect, and shifts are very crisp. I get 38mpg city and over 40 on the highway. Yes, there are power locks, there is a button on the dash that locks or unlocks all the doors. This is why I wish you had to qualify yourself before commenting on cars. Ford will lose sales because of nutjobs like this that review their car and don't know anything about it.

By dstadler
on 02/21/13 20:49 PM (PST)

so u didnt press the sirius button when you test drove it? didnt look at the sticker that didnt say sirius

By benchpress777
on 05/22/14 04:15 AM (PDT)

transmission is aluminum and clutch wheel aluminum..who cares if ford loses sales.what do you care.honesty is the best policy.thanks for the review.o yea I clicked thumbs up on review,but it didn't work.thought I would let you know