2012 Ford Fiesta Consumer Review: stick shift

2012 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

stick shift
By jimd14 on

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After reading reviews from owners on this car I opted to get a stick shift. It's a new trans design so it will have bugs for the first few model years. I've had my car for a year putting on 15k miles. So far no problems. I average 40 mpg but do not do highway driving. Yes the paint chips easily but for 16k new you can't expect the same finish as a mustang. For those who complain about cheap materials...it's a cheap car...don't expect higher priced quality - it's simply not realistic. Overall for the price of this car new you get quite a bit for your money.

Traction and stability control, tire pressure monitoring on a "el cheapo" car. Hill assist works. Car will take off if I rev the rpms up or will sip gas if I keep them low. Power sunroof hides inside the headliner instead of just sliding back over the roof like most small cars do. Satellite radio and cd player included with se trim. Changeable led colors with the mood lighting. Trunk so big I once watched 12 clowns climb out it. I can park it anywhere. Handles well in rain and snow.

Make back seat actually usable, way too tight. I would give up trunk space for a few extra inches back there. Door lock button in the middle of the dash - move it back to the doors. I feel like a cocktail being shaken going over some roads with the stiff suspension. Add a 6th gear to the stick shift transmission for highway cruising. Offer adjustable lumbar support on the seats. Armrest....oh that's what that little thing is coming out the side of my chair. Rear end design is bland on the sedan... Junk the automated manual trans or get the bugs out before you get a bad reputation that takes years to recover from.